Chapter 9. [Comfort]

Deeply Found

I told Taemin to head to class without me. After what happened, I was still offended by the prank that was put up for me. I scrubbed my uniform but dispose it into the trash after that. I was kind of pissed off with everything that happened. I could hear the laughters of the whole hall, looking and teasing me about the whole incident. 

 

I sighed and looked out, sitting at the balcony and curled up. I stared at the whole scenery in front of me, drawing my knees to my stomach and rest my cheek on my knee and looked out. I tried not to think, biting my lip and sighed heavily. Closing my eyes, I tried to keep the whole incident out of my mind, trying to not get hurt from all those laughters... 

 

Swoosh

 

I blinked and looked up just as a paper aeroplane landed beside me. I looked around and looked up and down, seeing no one who was responsible for throwing the paper aeroplane. I picked it up and turn the paper aeroplane around my fingers when I saw an ink mark on the paper aeroplane. I furrowed my eyebrows, opening up the paper aeroplane into a piece of parchment paper. 

 

A message written in beautiful handwriting. 

 

Meet me in the garden. 

- K 

 

I blinked and looked around once more to make sure there wasn't anyone watching me at this moment. I could feel the distinct and classic stare at the back. I shivered and picked myself up, going in to the room in a hurry. 

 

* * * * * 

The garden was enchanting. At least to me. 

 

Under the piercing sunlight that was raining down on the plants, there was a slight sparkle and a slight magic in the garden. It was on the rooftop of the school, overlooking most of the bulidings around Seoul and the mountains beyond. I took a deep breath, blinking in awe and amazement as I walked through the hanging morning glories that decorated the trellis. I looked around, my feet stepping on the stoney walkway to the main garden. 

 

I looked around, touching the morning glory that began blooming beautifully in the sunlight. I smiled and inhaled the scent of flowers around me when I caught something at the corner of my eye and turned around. 

 

Perched at the ledge of the roof was a young boy, dressed in the school uniform but with his buttons ed. He had one sleeve rolled up to his elbow, revealing the set of toned arm muscles. I blinked and looked, the hair was cropped and short, messed up a little. I took a step forward, the twigs breaking underneath my foot when his head snapped up and met my eyes. 

 

I took a short breath in, blinking at the similar resemblance between him and Taemin. I squinted my eyes and took another daring step forward before the boy finally stretched his plump lips at my direction. 

 

A friendly smile. 

 

I gulped and walked slowly towards him. His features became more prominent and sharp. In the pit of my stomach, I could feel the guilt of meeting a guy without Taemin knowing. I felt wronged but I was just curious. I could simply just say that to Taemin if he ever caught us or found the room empty of my presence. I took a few more steps forward and touched the brick ledge, the rough texture pricking my skin in weird ways. 

 

"You came.." Kai muttered, grinning and push himself off the ledge. 

 

"I..You send the paper aeroplane?" I whispered, surprised at how my voice was stuck in my throat. 

 

I hated the feeling of my heart beating as fast as a bullet train at his presence. Every inch of my skin was alarmed by the presence of this young boy beside me and my heart was fluttering to bits. Butterflies were flying in frantic motions in my tummy and my brain was turning up blank all the time. I couldn't breathe but I told myself to stop with all this maniac thinking and feelings and think about Taemin. 

 

Yeah. I should tell him that I'm taken and have a boyfriend who can appear any minute-

 

"Who do you think would?" He breathed, grinning. 

 

"Why aren't you in class?" I asked him, rubbing my temples. 

 

My heart was racing and I breathed in deeply to stop myself from all this weird feelings. I leaned against the railing and looked at the sky, the whole scenery before us. I took in a deep breath, catching the sun shining at the top of our heads. A slight breeze blew against us, my hair falling on my face. I brushed it back and looked at the streets below us. 

 

"Why aren't you in class?" He asked me, arrowing the same question back at me. 

 

I didn't want to tell the details of the humiliation of the new kid on the first day of school. I figured maybe he would have catch on but when I turned to look at him, he seem lost and curious as to why I was not in class. Was he not there when it all happened? I couldn't remember the faces much but his would have stood out from the crowd. He was after all had almost the same resemblance of my boyfriend. 

 

"You weren't there.."  I breathed out, causing a cloud of vapour to appear in front of my lips. 

 

"I don't really go to breakfast.." He simply replied, lowering his body and resting his elbows on the railing. I turned to look at him and grinned sheepishly. 

 

Another breeze blew against us and I felt myself cringed at the cold. He took in the scenery, not saying another word. I glanced away, sighing softly. I felt awfully wrong yet right. His presence was warm and inviting. Not to mention he didn't say things that I thought a jerk like him would say. Maybe he is like this truly and not a flirtatious jerk that I have been hearing from word of mouth in the girls' dorm that night. I grinned and shuffled my feet against the concrete slabs of the roof garden, feeling the ache and numb wearing out. 

 

"Why aren't you in class?" I asked him after a while. 

 

"I barely do." He replied, clasping his hands together. 

 

"Mhmm.." I simply replied, not wanting to push any further. 

 

"You should go to class." Kai muttered under his breath, bringing his hands to his lips and blew warm air into them before rubbing them together, "Its your first day... I know about the whole prophecy thingy and all those talks and gossip going on in school about you and your clique," 

 

I kept quiet, looking at my hands and fumbled with the ring that Taemin gave to me. 

 

"But you should still attend. Ignore them if they bug you, welcome them with open arms when they are friendly to you. The students here are different, no doubt. However we stick together when we can. We have each other only to console into this things and we know we are different entirely." 

 

"Sun Min ah...Believe me... You going to need all the help and knowledge you could get here...I know we arent that big of age difference but...call oppa if you need to." 

 

Oppa.

 

I blinked at the word of advice he gave me. He pulled me close, leaning in and kiss my forehead unexpectedly. I felt the air in my lungs escape through my lips and the fluttering of my heart against my chest. I cursed myself for being so vulnerable and wanted to tell him off but what he said was true. 

 

His presence was not only warm and homely. It comforts me. I feel comfortable and safe just like how I was in Taemin's. Something in me told me that I was going to need him soon. I sighed and nodded, just as he pulled away and chuckled. He pinced my red cheeks and grinned. 

 

"Do you wanna go to class now?" He asked. 

 

I told myself I couldn't back down just yet. Just cause of a bunch of students humiliated me on my first day of school that I was going to be a coward. No. I have been to battle and faced hideous looking creatures. It was unlike Sun Min, me, to back down when people were bullying me. Or teasing. I pulled the strings and here I am. 

 

"Let's go then." I said, a sense of determination and bravery in my voice gave me the courage to hope. 

 

I followed Kai's tail as we made our way to the door and took the stairs down slowly.