Chapter 2. [Arrival]

Deeply Found

The black Chevy van came to a halt. Through the tinted windows, no one could tell where they were or how they travelled here. However, that was not necessary, given the fact that the whole van was full of tired snores and sleeping guests. Sun Min woke up first, having to be a light sleeper and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. She rearranged herself, combing her fingers through her sleep hair, having to sleep against Taemin's arm throughout the ride. 

 

"Mhmm..." She groaned and cleared , feeling the van moved slightly when the driver slipped out of the driver's seat. 

 

She waited until a few moments later, the door of the van was slid open. The strong light from the Sun caused all of them to stir and groaned, mumbling and cursing at the blinded light. Sun Min pouted, stretching her numb legs as Taemin sat up from his slouching position against the seat, stretching his arms. He rubbed his sleepy eyes, yawning in unison. 

 

"Ppali..." She heard a voice that she had not recognise at first until her eyes adjusted to the face that was outside the door. 

 

Baekhyun sighed heavily, rushing them out of the van. He sighed heavily, brushing his fingers through his brown hair. Sun Min could not help but stare, reminding her of the colour of autumn. Baekhyun, having to rush the rest of them out, caught her eye and smile a lopsided smile. It was friendly but careful. His eyes were off, like as if he was looking at her like a target to shoot at. Sun Min blushed and turned away just as she felt a familiar hand s to her hand and laced their fingers together. 

 

"Ka ja.." Taemin whispered, planting a kiss on her cheek before pulling her out of the van. 

 

Once her soles of her shoe felt the ground, she balanced herself and gripped on to Taemin's hand. Taemin helped her balance, chuckling softly when he about the numbness in her legs not causing her to walk on her own. Sun Min threw a glare at him before she smiled. Their moment was cut short when Baekhyun slammed the door tight, causing the both of them to jump. 

 

"This way..." Baekhyun panted, nodding into the direction of an iron gate. 

 

Taemin breathed out and stared at the whole place, "Its run down... This is where you guys train?" 

 

Sun Min looked at the place before she saw something glimmer in the corner of her eyes. Slowly and mentally, she stripped the whole place, getting a clear picture of how the Academy looks like. She widened her eyes and felt her lips parted as she stared in awe, fascinated and amazed by the whole walls and the centralised gate. 

 

"Thats just the gate.." Baekhyun commented, catching her eye when she turned to look at him. "The compound is huge.." 

 

"Wow.." She heard her boyfriend muttered, chuckling as she watched how adorable he was when he is amazed. 

 

"Ka ja.." Baekhyun muttered, a little impatient tone was heard in his voice. Sun Min nudged Taemin, tugging him to follow Baekhyun in. 

 

* * * * *  

They slipped off their shoes as they were walking through the shelthered hallways, after walking around the whole compound of the Academy. Not only was it one compound but it was made up of several compounds, each with its different usage. Baekhyun lead them through the assembly grounds upon entering through the gates. It was made up of stone floors and a smooth pavement that was cut between the stone pavement, leading to different ways. 

 

"This is not a compound.." Taemin muttered, looking at the architecture of the assembly ground, "This is actually a palace." 

 

"True," Baekhyun smirked, "It was one of the palaces that was bulid way before the Joseon Dynasty." 

 

Sun Min gave a quizzical look and blinked, "But... some of the palaces has been destroyed or wiped out... How-" 

 

"Magick, Kim Sun Min.." 

 

The three of them turned to the direction of the voice and stopped in their tracks. They look as a young man walk up to them. Sun Min had to blink twice before she finally get her eyes right as to who she was looking at. She noted how similar they looked, her eyes squinting slightly as the young man walk up to them before stopping a feet away from her. 

 

She stopped staring, blinking when she smelled his scent of perfume, intoxicating her. She felt like she could not breathe but at the same time she wanted more. She blushed when she watched as he bend down, looking at her with brown eyes. She had forgotten to realise that he was taller than her, just as Taemin was but probably more taller. She blinked a little more, trying to get herself swoon into those swirls of brown that reminded her of chocolate spread. 

 

"Kim Sun Min?" He breathed out on her, making her senses go wild. 

 

Holy crap.. even his breath smells nice and inviting... 

 

"N-neh?" She blinked and stared at the mysterious and beautiful man in front of her. 

 

"Kim Jaejoong," He smiled perfectly, watching her with his eyes, "Sunbae.

 

"Neh?" Sun Min blinked and tried to catch what he said at the end of the introduction, her ears losing its focus to hear. 

 

"Sunbae.." Baekhyun muttered, breaking her focus and reminded her of her place, "Jebal.." 

 

"I was just here..." Jaejoong tried to explain, his hands up in the air in surrender, "Head orders.." 

 

"But-" Baekhyun tried to in when Jaejoong silenced him with a look. 

 

Sun Min noted how deadly he look. How deadly beautiful. She felt frozen in place yet a certain part of her yearn for him. She gulped and blushed, feeling embarassed when she realised she was with her boyfriend and had thoughts of another man that was just with them. She shook her head, hoping to clear out the thoughts that were messing with her mind. She felt a warm hand on her cheek before she looked up. 

 

"Kencanah?" Taemin breathed, looking at her with worried eyes. 

 

She blushed and felt more guilty than ever, pushing out the thoughts. She trembled slightly in fear, as if Taemin was going to read her mind and go all jealous. She wished that would not happen and she wished that she had more control than what she have for now. Sun Min sighed heavily and hugged her boyfriend before she felt another pair of intimidating eyes staring at the both of them. 

 

"This way.." She heard the light tone of Jaejoong's voice that cause her to shiver up down her spine. 

 

Taemin lead the way, holding on to her tightly as they walked through the assembly ground to the other side. Jaejoong stopped before he turned and slide open the doors. He smiled sweetly at the two of them, his eyes lingering on Sun Min more. Sun Min could not help but give him a dead stare, shivering slightly in fear as they walk passed him. 

 

She was taking deep breaths before she look up, staring at the whole room before her. 

 

Rows and rows of books were lined up on opposite sides of the walls. The books were alive. She blinked when she watched a blue book slipped out of its place on the top shelf, flying over to the desk. A hand touched the book before snapping its fingers. She stepped back with Taemin, watching as the other books that were flying around settled themselves to their places on the shelves. 

 

Her eyes dragged along the hand, up to the cloth of the hanbok before settling itself to the sagging eyebags that were beneath those eyes. Sun Min felt overpowered, the aura in the room was overpowering hers and she shivered again. The face lit up slightly, before looking at the two of them with measured glances. 

 

She felt Taemin shudder beside her, gripping on to her hand tightly. She breathed and bit her lip before Jaejoong lead them to the cushion floor for two in front of the desk. They followed, before sitting down in front of the desk, their hands on their laps. Sun Min felt exposed suddenly, wishing to grab on to Taemin's hand. She felt slightly fearless with his hand in hers. 

 

Now she felt like she has been ripped off and exposed shamelessly in front of the elderly man that was sitting on the other side of the desk. She could feel their eyes scanning them both like he could read their thoughts and tell a tale. She could not raise her eyes to meet the other pair of eyes that were challenging her to look up. 

 

Don't look up... 

 

She swear she could hear Taemin's words speaking to her, breathing in a sense of security through her system and fisted her pants more. 

 

"You look just like your mother.." 

 

She froze and suddenly looked up, meeting the eyes of the elderly. He looked calm and collected, peaceful and cool. She felt her heart beat again, slightly alive and rejuvenated. She blinked a little more, seeing his eyes that was waiting for her before she realised how rude she was becoming. 

 

"Ah, neh.." She managed to keep a short and respectful answer, nodding slightly. 

 

"Mhmm.." She could feel him staring at Taemin too. She felt her hand ache to reach out to him. She took deep breaths before she heard the soft voice spoke again. 

 

"You are just like your father.." He muttered, sending the sense of hearing higher and more concentrated on to hearing what the elderly man just spoke. 

 

Taemin was stunned too, blinking and muttered, "But I don't know-" 

 

"Your father did not die in vain.." The elderly man muttered, "He died for protecting Sun Min's mother..." 

 

"Neh?" I blinked, having to caught his attention as well as his words. She breathed in and out, blinking and staring at the elderly man a little more. 

 

The elderly man nodded to them both. Sun Min caught a slight twitch in his lips as if he was going to smile. Taemin breathed out, staring at the old man. Sun Min could read his face, seeing how he was confused and interested, wanting to know of the father that died early and was pronounced dead in a car crash. 

 

"Jaejoong.." The old man muttered, glancing at the boy who accompanied them both. 

 

"Neh, Mr. Lee..." Jaejoong bowed in respect before he smiled at the two of us and waited for us to stand up and head to the door. 

 

Sun Min stood up and grabbed Taemin's hand, tugging him to go. Sun Min glanced at Mr. Lee who began to read the blue book that flew to his desk earlier, not bothered about Taemin hesitating in front of him. Sun Min tugged him one last time before she managed to get him on his feet and head out to the door. Jaejoong waited for them by the door before closing the door once they came out. 

 

"Who was that?" Taemin outburst, staring at Jaejoong. 

 

"Mr. Lee.." Jaejoong replied, watching Taemin with a slight amusement on his face. 

 

"How did he-" 

 

"Kim Sun Min, Lee Taemin?" 

 

Another voice garnered their attention and they turned to see another young boy greeting them both. He smiled sweetly, his face round and chubby with baby fats. He bowed at the both of them in respect before coming up to them. 

 

"Xiumin." He muttered, grinning as he shook their hands, "Please.. follow me.." 

 

Taemin sighed and held on to Sun Min's hand, following the young boy down the hallway. Sun Min bit her lip, watching as her boyfriend's posture was tensed and defensive after what had happened in the room. No questions asked, no more words to say. Sun Min was curious too but she did not thought her boyfriend would be this hard to break through.

 

She had been there with him when his father passed away but it was so sudden and weird that no one dared to ask the police what happen. The car was never found and the person who is suppose to get caught manage to get away. There were not another lead then and then investigations stopped and that was it. Taemin felt that it was unfair and the person caught should be put away.

 

However, whatever that happen in there, was just creating more questions and searching for answers is needed. Sun Min sighed heavily, holding on to her boyfriend's hand and comforting him by drawing circles around his palm.

 

As they reach the corner before they disappear, Sun Min thought she could hear Jaejoong's mocking laughter down the hallway, sending another round of shivers down her spine.