Chapter 4. [Welcome to Venia.]

Deeply Found

After the whole dinner in the Great Hall, we were told to stay back for awhile. Baekhyun and another girl stayed back with us. I drank another glass of water and my lips, hearing the boys talking and asking Baekhyun about the Academy. I listened, though I felt the girl staring at me the whole time. I shifted a little in my seat, looking at something else to hopefully get me distracted. 

 

I heard feet shuffling against the hardboards of the floors, looking up to see a group of older people getting up and walking away after the students left. I blinked and glance at them again when my eyes traveled back to the young girl that was staring at me. 

 

I looked away quickly, not wanting to know what was going through her mind at that moment. I sighed softly, finding for Taemin's hand under the table and grab on to it. Taemin felt my hand and looked at me, kissing my hair and mumbled softly. 

 

"Whats wrong.." He whispered. 

 

"The girl... she keeps staring at me..." I mumbled back, looking at our hands to distract me. 

 

I felt his head raised a little and then he kiss my hair again reassuringly, "I'm sure she's just curious... that's all.." 

 

"Mhmm..." I barely took in that comment. I knew everyone was curious about me here. Unlike in my old school, I was usually ignored which I preferred. 

 

Someone cleared their throat and everyone looked up to the end of the table where Jaejoong was standing at. He barely looked at everyone, his eyes landing on Taemin and I. I pull away slightly but never did let go of Taemin's hand. I needed him to comfort me. 

 

"Sooooo....." Jaejoong began, his mesmerising eyes scanned the whole table including Baekhyun and the girl, "This is your timetables for the semester." 

 

He gave out papers to everyone and let us scanned through for a few minutes. I looked at the paper, glancing at the classes and the subjects that I was taking. I gulped, not recognising any of the subjects at all. I felt more confused and lost, my eyebrows drew together. I nibbled on my lower lip, trying to make sense of the subjects that were in the small tables. 

 

"All of you will be in the same class as Baekhyun and gang and our dearest Krystal.." Jaejoong gave a appreciative smile to the girl who curtseyed a little and let out a shy smile. 

 

I stared at her, looking at her blazing red hair and turned away when she turned to me. I gulped and looked at Jaejoong as he started taking out another piece of paper. He smiled and looked through the papers, calling out all our names and giving us the paper each. 

 

"Kim Kibum.....Kim Jonghyun.... Lee Sungyeol.... Lee Taemin...." Jaejoong spoke their names with glazed look on his face. 

 

"Kim. Sun. Min." Jaejoong looked up at me as he passed me my paper, a sly smile stretched across his face. 

 

I took the paper and sat back down, looking at it and read it carefully. 

 

Venia

Bed 7 

Roommates : Jung Krystal , Kim Hyoyeon , Park Luna. 

 

I blinked and looked at the paper again. 

 

"Animus... Whats that?" Jonghyun asked, looking up from his paper. 

 

"Your dorm name.." Jaejoong muttered, "There are 4 dorms in the Academy. Prudentia, Venia, Animus and Eximius..." 

 

"What does all that mean..?" Sungjong asked, staring at the paper blankly. 

 

"Prudentia means Wisdom.. Venia means Grace... Animus means Intelligence... Eximius means extraordinary.." Key explained, remembering his Latin which he picked up from umma. 

 

I smiled softly and look at my brother proudly. He met my eyes and grinned sincerely. Jaejoong just waved his hand off like he was waving a fly away. He sighed heavily and crossed his arms across his chest. 

 

"Anyways.." He muttered, "Books are already at your beds... Your suitcases are at your beds too... Unpack and rest for the night... Your classes start a day after tomorrow.. So tomorrow you can chill, explore, whatever..." 

 

"I'll take you guys around.." Baekhyun interjected, smiling at us. 

 

"Of course.." Jaejoong sighed. He looked bored and wanted to end it quickly, "Okay... one more thing.. No one is to walk around the boundaries after 12am..." 

 

Taemin looked at me and I looked at him with the same expression. I bit my lip, not wanting to be away from Taemin. I wanted him next to me when I sleep. I sighed softly just as Jaejoong left us alone. His shoes clicked against the hardwood as he made his way to the door. Echoes were heard as he opened the creaked doors and closed them again, leaving us all alone. 

 

"Let's go..." Onew got up just as everyone did. 

 

"Eottoke.." I whispered, holding Taemin's hand tight. Taemin sighed softly and looked at me with sad eyes. I could tell he was not ready with the idea but it was already made. It was definitely out of our hands and we can't disobey rules. 

 

"We'll see how it goes, arasso?" He kissed my forehead and looked up just as Minho called upon us and gestured for us to catch up. 

 

Taemin held my hand and pulled me along, going up to Minho. Minho sighed, looking at the both of us. He secretly knew what we were thinking and he watched us with a sympathy look. Minho rubbed both our shoulders in comfort. 

 

"Try to adapt... I know what you guys are thinking.." Minho whispered, patting Taemin's shoulder and walked forth with the rest of them. 

 

I held on to Taemin's arm tight, not wanting to let go easily. Taemin held me close, kissing my hair and whispered reaasuring and comforting words to me. I listened and nods, walking with him and biting my lip. 

 

I shivered slightly halfway, raising my eyes off the ground and met those curious eyes that were watching me earlier. I realised then that we had stopped in the middle of an intersection. The girl whose name is Krystal stood on the other side whereas Baekhyun was standing on the opposite end. I blinked and stared as Baekhyun called on the boys to follow him. 

 

"Animus dorm is this way..." Baekhyun jabbed his thumb behind him, indicating the long hallway down that was lit up by lights. At the far end was a door with blue and green flags hanging off both walls at the door. 

 

Taemin stiffened and looked at me. I looked at him, the both of us the only one who stood where we was. 

 

"I have to go.." Taemin lifted up his hand and caressed my cheeks, "You too.." 

 

"I don't wanna go.." I whispered back, biting my lip, "Will you be okay?" 

 

The part was painful. Also having Taemin in my bed help to keep the nightmares away. Feeling his warmth and his secure arms around me made me feel safe. I bit my lip and looked at him. 

 

"There is protection here.." Key hissed, breaking us apart slightly, "You'll be fine from the nightmares, Sunmin.." 

 

"Oppa.." I bit my lip and gulped, looking at him sadly. 

 

"Jagi.." Taemin whispered, "Lets rest for the night... I'll be at your dorm door waiting for you tomorrow morning..." 

 

I sighed and nodded, hesitating as I looked at Taemin, walking back to where Krystal was. I could feel her eyes the whole time watching me, redness creeping up my cheeks. It was embarassing but I honestly know that I did not want to part from him. 

 

Taemin watched me, his eyes were full of worry and concern. Key patted his back and sighed, pulling Taemin to the group. I bit my lip and hugged my arms, turning around when Krystal did. Krystal patted my back and lead me to the other door. The separation was felt, the distance apart was far and long. I sighed heavily, looking at the door that stood in front of me. The flags that decorated the walls beside the doors were blue and red. 

 

Krystal drew a symbol on the door with her finger before the door finally opened. She smiled softly and opened it up, looking at me. 

 

"Welcome to Venia.." She said softly and sweetly, meeting my eyes. 

 

I hesitated, taking a step to the door, looking up at the other end just as I saw the rest of the boys entered. Taemin was the last with Key, his eyes watching me. Upon meeting my eyes, he smiled and blew me a kiss before Key patted him to get through the doorway. I turned away before he did, entering through the doorway with a heavy heart. 

 

* * * * * 

 

The common room was big with a huge fireplace in the middle. There was an L shaped sofa in front of it with blankets draped around the sofa messily. I looked around, seeing how huge it looked. The windows were not stained-glass but huge windows with metal grills. I rubbed my arms, looking around just as Krystal passed through me. 

 

"Hey.." Krystal smiled and patted my back, "I didn't catch your name.." 

 

"Sunmin... Kim Sunmin..." I mumbled, a little shy and stil stunned from the whole thing. 

 

"Sunmin..." Krystal muttered and grinned at me, "Thats a nice name...I'm Krystal by the way... Thats what everyone calls me here. My name is Jung Soo Jung..." 

 

She held out her hand and I gave a firm and friendly shake. She smiled once more, her smile was breathtaking beautiful. Suddenly I felt jealous until I realise how the guys were oogling at me throughout the whole time. I blushed and smiled small before she giggled. 

 

"Come and meet the rest of us..." She smiled, tugging my hand and pulled me away from the long corridor to the common room. 

 

Strumming of a guitar was heard, along with a melodious voice. Flipping of pages and small talks was heard. I could also catch the banging of kitchen doors, turning to see a small kitchen that was beside the corridor. Girls were cooking and some were holding mugs, laughing and talking. 

 

"Krystal!" 

 

I blinked when a tall girl threw herself at Krystal, making Krystal took a step back and almost bumped into me. I blushed and looked at the girl who had the same features as her except hers was more sharper. I blinked and looked at the two of them talking. Finally I met her eyes, scanning me up and down slightly with a judging look. I blushed and felt more insecure, feeling her eyes staring at me. 

 

"You must be the new girl..." The girl said with a slight digust in her tone. She frowned slightly before she waved her manicured nails around, "Everyone! The new girl is here!" 

 

All eyes on me and everyone was rushing to greet me. I blushed and blinked when they all crowded around me. I blinked and cringed slightly, bumping into Krystal. Krystal held me and put a hand out slightly. 

 

"Hey hey... Chill.. You girls are scaring her!" Krystal gave a warning and frown slightly. 

 

"I-I'm okay.." I stuttered, looking around and bowing slightly to them as if to greet them. 

 

They smiled and greeted me, introducing their names one by one. There were so many girls, I could not catch all their names. I blinked and tried to remember my roommates's names. 

 

Krystal... Luna... Hyoyeon... 

 

I finally manage to catch who the other two were. 

 

"Annyeong!" A girl that was slightly shorter than me, jumped up to me with her adorable brown hair flying all over. She took my hand and shook it gently before she smiled sweetly at me. 

 

"I'm Luna..." She grinned sweetly from side to side before she bowed slightly. 

 

"Luna! Don't scare her..." Another young girl slapped her arm playfully. 

 

I looked up to see how she was slightly taller than I was and had dyed blonde hair. First impressions for me was a little mean of me, but I was hoping to get to know her well. From the looks of how she handled the situation of her hyper friend, I was already in the path of adoring this girl. She was like me, tomboy and all. I can't help looking at her toned arms and wondered whether she has abs. Maybe she has but I'm not going to be a prevert to ask her that. 

 

I smiled and giggled quietly as the two of them bickered and glared at each other. Luna rubbed the part where the young girl had smacked her. I looked up and bowed shyly at the young girl that stood before me. 

 

"Hyoyeon..." She smiled, "Your unnie for now on..." 

 

I blinked but Krystal whispered in my ear, "She's the oldest in our room..." 

 

I mouthed at her with my lips forming an O before bowing and addressing her shyly. 

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Sunmin imnida..." I looked at the two girls, a little frightful of what is going to happen next. 

 

"Krys... I wanna talk to you..." Jessica tugged on Krystal's arm a little. 

 

I turned and looked at the both of them before I met her cold eyes. Jessica send shivers down my spine as she shot lasers through me eyes. I gulped and blushed, turning away and hide my face behind my hair. Krystal shifted and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. 

 

"Hold on, unnie... I wanna introduce Sunmin to our room and get her to know where things are..." 

 

"Tsk.." I heard Jessica muttered curses under her breath. I could hear every bit of the curses, my senses sharper and faster than the average human. I gulped and stare at the floor when a pair of faded Converse blue sneakers came into view. I looked up and met Hyoyeon's friendly smile. 

 

"Krystal... Jessica needs you... She's been dreading to... I'll take Sunmin to our room, ara?" 

 

"Arasso..." Krystal sulked a little, patting my back and waved half-heartedly at me. 

 

I blinked and look at Krystal who was whisked away by Jessica, arm in arm. I watch them a little more before I felt another arm linked with my other free arm. I turned and looked at Luna who gave me a wide smile. I huffed my cheeks a little before looking at both my new roommates. 

 

"We'll take you up... and look after you..." Luna chirped, grinning happily, "Ppali.. Unnie!" 

 

"Ara..ara!" Hyoyeon shot death glares at Luna for being too overly happy before she smiled at me. 

 

"This way..." Hyoyeon grinned, leading us to another set of staircases that lead up to the corridor upstairs. 

 

"Welcome to Venia.." Luna greeted, curtseyed a little before me and lead me up. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

[A/N : Mianhae~~ School's just started and I'm beginning to get a whole load of to be done. >.<.. ]