Chapter 5. [Fragile.]

Deeply Found

I manage to finally get some rest after unpacking through the night. I sighed softly, sitting by the window with my chair against the wall. I looked out, staring at the busy streets of Seoul that was still alive and buzzing at this time of the night. It was past 2am in the morning as indicated by the digital clock that was glowing its green neon lights in the dark room. At least I had my own room where I can escape to. I sighed softly, staring at the dark walls that I have yet to decorate with. At least the wall where my bed was push against horizontally had some photos and pictures which I had brought over with me to the Academy was there. 

 

I stared at the pictures through the moonlight, watching as the memories flooded through my mind. My lips stretched across my face gently as I recalled every bit of memory that had happened in every picture. How I wish that the picture moved just like how it does in Harry Potter! 

 

I giggled as I stared at the old picture of all of us in the van, squished together to be in the camera. It was one of those camping trips with my brothers and I that my parents brought us to during the summer break. I was in the middle, as they all always insisted, surrounded by the protective and loving friends and brothers that I'll always looked up to. 

 

Girls would always bicker and threw jealous glances at me by the number of boys that were around me. They weren't just any ordinary boys but boys that would make girls swoon and melt at their smiles. The boys were talented too, earning the jealousy from the same and the attraction from the opposite . Its surprising how no one dares to touch me or even be a at me because of the boys that I was surrounded with. They tried to befriend but I was not dumb enough to know about their ulterior motive. 

 

I smiled and looked at the other pictures before I heard a slight creak. 

 

I looked up at the door that was just directly opposite me. I blinked and tried to focus, seeing the door was opened slightly. I felt the hair up my arms and legs stood up and a sudden cold shiver down my spine. I bit my lip and contemplated whether to go and close it or not. Strange things have been happening to me and I hope it would be over soon. Only when Hye Kyu appeared, the strange things became a part of my life. 

 

My magikal and bizzare life. 

 

Light pooled at the carpet as the door creaked. I took a deep breath in and out before creeping to the door. The carpet was unusually cold but it was comfortable. I could feel the soft pad of the carpet as I creep over on my toes.Though I could walk on the pad of my own feet since it was carpeted, I didn't want to take the chance. Slowly and quietly, I push the door back, hearing a soft click. I gave out a soft breathe of air out before returning to my bed. 

 

Once my body touched the sheets, my eyes started to close on its own. It was strange but my body was welcoming it. The need to sleep and rest was entirely on top of my to-do list now and I decided to go with the flow. I let my eyes drooped close before I felt the pillow against my head and out. 

 

 

* * * * * 

 

I stirred and glance at the clock on the bedside table. 

 

3am. 

 

I blinked and shot up from my bed, drenched in cold sweat. I gasped and took in a sudden intake of air into my lungs before breathing steadily. I looked around, tossing the sheets along with me. The sheets pooled around my legs like a grasp but I could not think of that now. 

 

The nightmare that I dreamt of was still in my mind and I had to make sure I was right where I was. Not back at the forest. 

 

Not back at the tower even. 

 

I shivered, seeing Hye Kyu's face and his charming smile welcomed me as I opened my eyes to an entire different room. A round room with books on shelves against the walls, a study desk. A long sofa that was at the other side, in front of a fireplace and a carpet that decorated the floor. I blinked and stirred, seeing Hye Kyu and tried to struggle but he had me where I was.

 

Lying on his sofa, he watched me with amusement glimmering in his eyes. He leaned forward, close enough to let me inhale his sweet and intoxicating scent that was giving off of his skin and clothes. I blinked and looked at him, staring at his lips as he opened his perfect lips and muttered close to my ear. 

 

"Wanna play?" 

 

I couldn't move. I couldn't scream. I watched him as he pull away and smirked, the smile spreading evily across his face. His eyes were changing, flaming with red around pupil. I couldn't move an inch as fear filled thorugh my body. This was worse than the nightmares that I had since the incident. He smirked suddenly before he took out a small dagger from his jacket. I watched as he lifted my palm to his lips, kissing it gently. 

 

I almost felt the urge to pull him closer, a spell that attracted me to him. I knew somewhere inside him, he still have some good but it was full of darkness. Black. Pitch black. Nothing but pure emptiness. 

 

It was so empty, you could feel the tendrils of the darkness grabbing you before you could screamed for help. I shivered and watched him with fearful eyes before he let the tip of the dagger touched the centre of my palm. 

 

He smirked before he pushed the dagger with a slight pressure. 

 

Pain shot through my veins like an electric shock, catching me off guard. I opened my mouth to scream but I could not hear myself let alone I felt like the vocal nodule in my throat was stripped away. I tried to move away from the pain but I was pinned to the sofa with an unexplainable force. I felt another slight pressure, causing the tear ducts in my eyes to be active before tears rolled down my cheeks. Blood was pooling at the base of my palm where he had punctured. 

 

He watched me, his eyes absorbing the fear and the pain that I was in. His smirk became sadistic, his eyes that lingered on me was distracted with the pool of blood that was in my hand. I shivered and watched him, as he sniffed the blood before he let out his tongue and tasted my blood. 

 

"You're mine.." He whispered in his husky voice before his eyes changed into white and his fangs sinked into my hand entirely. 

 

Thats when I woke up, panting and sweating in fear. 

 

I looked at my hand, staring at the centre of my palm. I widened my eyes in fear when I check my palm. 

 

There was a puncture wound there and a trail of dried blood was found in my palm. I wanted to scream but I could not find my voice. I got up from my bed just as the door to my room was slammed opened. 

 

"SUNMIN!" 

 

Taemin ran in and enveloped me in his arms. He was dressed in his sweats and tank top, his face paled and sweating. I heard voices outside my doorway, as Taemin pulled me in his arms and hugged me tight. He cooed at me, holding me and brush my hair, trying to calm me down. I blinked a few times before I realised I was shaking violently in his arms and tried to calm down. 

 

"She's still fragile.." I heard a male voice spoke before a silence followed. 

 

A flick of the switch and the lights came on, filling the room with bright glow. Thats when I heard gasps and shrieked from the voices at my doorway, remembering that I was in the girls' dorm. I looked at them as their eyes widened in horror, staring at the walls of my bedroom. I hid in Taemin's broad chest before I felt him tensed and looked at him as he looked at the walls. 

 

Mr. Lee strode in, staring at the walls with measuring eyes. He looked at it, tilting his head to the side. His expression was unreadable and I watched him before I finally look up at the walls. 

 

There were writings on the walls, coated in red. I blinked and looked around, seeing some symbols that I recognised and some that I didn't. Gulping down my saliva down my throat, I looked at the end of the symbols that were aligned all over the walls. The drops of red paint seem to have ended but was still dripping. My eyes followed the trail before I pull my sheets and saw my own handprint in red was on the sheet. 

 

"B-blood.." I whispered as I finally realised that I did it. 

 

In my own sleep. 

 

Taemin took both my palms and looked at it, letting the other one go when he found the one with the punctured wound. He looked up at Mr. Lee who finally laid eyes on the both of us on the bed. 

 

Still, his expression was unreadable. 

 

"Bring her to the infirmary..." Mr. Lee looked at Taemin. 

 

Taemin nodded and watched him go. I heard a ruckus going on outside my doorway before hearing the footsteps rushing into my bedroom. 

 

"Holy-" I heard Jonghyun cursed, looking up as I saw a couple of them ran in. 

 

Key reached for me, grabbing my wrist that Taemin was holding. He looked at the wound before he cursed softly. 

 

"Hye Kyu's doing this.." Key told Taemin in hushed voices. 

 

"I know... I could feel her." Taemin sighed heavily, holding me closer. 

 

"What the-" I heard another voice that I did not recognise, looking up to see Baekhyun standing with the rest of the guys. 

 

"Symbols.." I heard Onew breathed in and out, "In blood.." 

 

"I could smell the blood from here..." Sungyeol commented, staring at me and my palm. 

 

"Get her to the infirmary.." Key said, repeating the last words that Mr. Lee had told Taemin.

 

"Where is it?!" Taemin let out a sigh of frustration, getting off the bed and lifting me in his arms. 

 

I blinked and looked around, my whole world spinning slightly. I felt slightly light-headed, shivering and curled up in Taemin's arms. 

 

"She's going to pass out soon.." Key muttered, "Baekhyun!" 

 

Baekhyun snapped out of his trail of thoughts before he blinked and stared at Taemin and I. His eyes lingered on my palm before he blinked and stared at me dead in his eyes. I could tell he was beginning to get scared but he wouldn't let it show. 

 

"Baek!" Key raised his voice, staring at the walls. 

 

"Follow me..." Baekhyun panted, leading us out of the doorway. 

 

I caught a glimpse of the doorway, seeing the walls squished with bodies that were huddling and curious eyes that was watching me when I finally came into view. I saw the fearful faces of Krystal and Luna as we passed by them by the doorway. I could not see the rest, my eyes were blacking out in front of me. The boys were there too from the other dorm, hissing and whispers among the two es were heard. 

 

I could not make out the words as my mind finally gave up. My eyes finally closed as I felt Taemin holding me close. 

 

"Sun-Sunmin!" Taemin breathed, panting heavily, "Sunmin stay with me!" 

 

I tried to stay awake but I failed too. The sudden exhaustion pulled me into a deep slumber and a dark abyss. 

 

I could only hear the words of Hye Kyu echoing my mind. 

 

"Wanna play?"