Chapter 14. [Captured.]

Deeply Found

Whatever that put me to unconsciousness was causing a harsh throbbing in my head. I felt like I could die from waking up and being awake in this state. 

 

I groaned and tried to look at my surroundings, grunting. I cursed under my breath when I couldn't see properly around me, let alone, get up without falling. 

 

The cold hard floor was too cold under my skin and I felt a shiver travelled up my spine. I tried to make sense of where was I. Seeing the walls surronding around me with a small window with grills near the ceiling, the sun emitting through it. 

 

I groaned and looked at the dress I was wearing. 

 

Oh.... 

 

The Annual Ball came back to memory as I recalled what happened. I bit my lip, remembering the rotten eggs thrown on me, the strong determination to stand up to people and the dance.

 

The Annual Ball Circle. 

 

I close my eyes and felt how he looked at me, biting my lip amd felt the urge to cry again. My heart ached and my insides twisted when I remembered what happened before that. 

 

Oh... Right... 

 

I groaned and sighed softly, getting up and tried to find a way out of here. I looked at any signs to get out but there was none but the window. I looked around to find a door and saw a small keyhole in the wall furthest from me. 

 

I tried to gain my energy and felt the power pulse through me and to my hands before shooting it out at the keyhole. 

 

Just as I did, the opening was wide open and something was lurched away from the force of my power. I blinked as I heard other growls and hisses from the outside. I stopped and gasped, blinking as I watch a group of guards marching in. 

 

I groaned and was choked by the stentch reeling off their skin. I nearly vomitted as I looked up to see them, almost hunching over to puke. 

 

With heads of various vicious animals, they look abnormal and creepy. Their arms and legs were human except their heads. I was freaked from the eyes of the wolf and snake staring at me like they were going to eat me up. 

 

They held me and carried me out. I gasped and screamed, fighting against their strength. They barely even move, grabbing each of my limbs with a hand. I groaned and cursed as they carried me into another room. 

 

This room looked like a dining hall. Except without any tables and chairs, but with long taperstries hanging from the high ceilings. I looked at the colorful stained windows at every wall, like it was depicting a story. My eyes lingered on a girl with long brown hair, raising from the fire and holding a sword and a shield in both hands, her face masked nothing but fearless strength and no mercy. 

 

I shivered, trying to ignore at the nagging thought at the corner of my mind. I bit my lip as they carried me in, walking along a red carpet that lead to the end of the hall where there was a platform and two majestic chairs. I gulped and looked at the occupant of the bigger chair, my vision upside down. 

 

He smirked and watch me, nodding towards me in acknowledgement. I bit my lip and scowled at him, hating him more. He chuckled under his breath, never taking his eyes off me. 

 

"I can read your feelings, Sun Min ah.." Hye Kyu said, his voice vibrating through the hall as he stood from his seat and proceed down the steps. 

 

I groaned and grunted when the creatures put me down and pinned me down to sit on my knees. My hair was blocking my face and I blew it off, glaring at him. One of the creatures grabbed the chains from their belt and shackled my wrists. The chains were linked to my ankles which they shackled it too. I was trapped. 

 

I breathed and glared at Hye Kyu as he came closer and stood before me. He smelt of burnt charcoal and I wrinkled my nose as I tried to get some proper air from the stench and charcoal around me. 

 

"What do you want from me?" I spitted at his clean leather boots in front of me. 

 

Hye Kyu let one of the creatures to clean off the spit. I look at the creature who turned to me with its snake eyes and tongue hissing at my attack. I almost pull back in fright. 

 

Hye Kyu enjoyed my fear, smiling and knelt in front of me. He grabbed my chin and made me look at him. I groaned and looked at him. 

 

"You know what I want.." He said, smiling smugly at me. 

 

"No," I hissed, "I don't think I do," 

 

"No?" He smiled sweetly and I felt my heart skipped a beat. He cocked his head to the side like as if he heard my heart beat and looked at me. 

 

"You're something, Sun Min.." He whispered before he said to the rest. "You all may go. Guard the door." 

 

The creatures bowed and walk mechanically towards the huge doors we came in from. The armor they wore clinked as they walked, before pulling the door closed with a loud bang. 

 

I turned to Hye Kyu who grabbed me to stand. I struggled under the chains, standing in the dress I was wearing. I bit my lip and looked at him, watching as he eyed me again. His eyes were enjoying the show. 

 

"I like the dress." Hye Kyu commented, coming closer to me. 

 

I froze and bit my tongue to reply back and glared at him. He grinned, his smile sending chills down my spine. He was taller than me, considering our last get together was a few months back. I looked at him and tried to hide the fear in my eyes. 

 

"Now,now..." He whispered, "They won't hurt you unless you hurt me, " 

 

He was clearly enjoying this. 

 

Hye Kyu walked towards the stained windows. I looked around quickly and realised we were in a church. A rundown one with the statues all missing and the ceiling beams were cracked. I gulped and looked at the taperstries that had runes on them. I looked around more and realise the familiarity of the runes around the church. The invisibility rune was distinct. 

 

Hye Kyu's boots stopped with a soft click and I turned to see where he was. He looked at the window of the one that captured my attention. I watched as his features soften into one of admiration. 

 

"Do you know who is this?" He asked me, his eyes turning to meet mine. 

 

I stood straight and walked towards him. Hye Kyu watch me, his eyes never taking off me. I walked more confidently as I came up beside him. He looked at me, then in my eyes, then my lips and then my eyes again. 

 

His eyes darken with lust as he met my eyes again. I raised an eyebrow and looked at him. He cleared his throat, the aura around us both was intimidating. 

 

He cleared his throat and turned back to the stained windows. I look at him again before I turned to where he was looking. He slipped his hands in his pockets and rocked on his heels. 

 

"Do you know?" I asked him.

 

Hye Kyu gave a ghost of his smile on his face and looked at the stained window with adoration. He hummed a soft lullaby that I recognised of that to my mum's lullaby when she sang to me for me to sleep. I felt the goosebumps all over my skin and wondered if my own mother was caring for this devil. 

 

"You do know of the prophecy... the one you are destined to?" 

 

"Yes, I do." I whispered, the sense of fear for the truth was bubbling in me and rising up higher in me.

 

"Well, you should know it by then who is that on the window..." He said, glancing at me with playful eyes. 

 

I stared at the window and had another shiver down my spine. I looked harder and could feel the eyes of the female warrior staring at me like she was telling me something. I my dry lips, feeling the sudden change of temperature. 

 

Flashes of my past appeared before my eyes and I gasped, almost losing my balance. I grabbed the closest thing I could hold on. Hye Kyu's hand was cold and he held me fast. I was going i  and out of consciousness as I felt the soft sheets beneath me. 

 

Someone patted me and sang the same lullaby that Hye Kyu was humming. I could hear it distinctively and the voice was so beautiful and soft like silk. I looked up and saw the face of my mother smiling down at me. Then I realise I was remembering my past. 

 

"You are destined to be the one, love...my beautiful Sun Min," 

 

She looked at me like she knew I was listening to her. I stared at her wide-eyed and all I could make was a baby sounds escaping for my lips. I was only a baby! 

 

"Thats you, Sun Min ah.... my fierce female warrior,"