Chapter 3. [The Impromptu Introduction.]

Deeply Found

"At least this place isn't that bad.." Taemin muttered, holding Sunmin's hand and squeezed it tightly. 

 

"Mhmm.." She look around, still mesmerised by the whole concept of the Academy. They went on a short tour around the common hallways and the classes where most of the subjects were being conducted. She was still a little stunned that she had not seen anyone yet and she wondered why. 

 

"Its noon.." The young boy that took them around for the tour glanced at Sunmin from the corner of his eyes and grinned when they made eye contact, "Everyone's in the Great Hall.." 

 

Sunmin felt Taemin giving her another squeeze as if to say to stay close. Sunmin look at Taemin and smiled softly, telling him it was okay. Taemin just met her eyes sadly. Sunmin knows Taemin was going to be jealous with all this guys hitting on her. She could not help it. It was out of her control to know she had a some Angel blood in her. She sighed softly, staring at the carvings and the illustrations on the stone walls as well as the roofs and the pillars. 

 

She noticed there was always a same carving on every wall, every pillar,even every brick on the roofs. She wondered what it was as they kept on walking down the huge hallway. The walls were majestic and the ceiling seem endless. Right at the end where they entered, there was a stained glass that had pictures of an Angel and some other symbols whom she could not tell. They looked familiar... she remembered Key teaching them spells in their basement and some of the old documents that he had in hand had those symbols. 

 

However, it was the same symbol that appear every step of the way that caught her eye. She felt a slight tug in her as if she knew what it was but she still could not pin point what it was. She felt herself stop when Taemin pulled her back beside him. Her eyes focused on the young boy, Xiumin, who went forward and grabbed two huge metal rings of the door and pull it open. 

 

Taemin blinked and saw the whole room before him, "Woah.." 

 

The Great Hall was just like the hallway except it was a hall itself. There were tall stained-glass windows on every wall at the side, including the other end of the hall from where they stood. There were four pillars holding on the hallway on opposite ends, with six different pillars on the perpendicular walls. There were ornamental items at each pillar, different battle weapons, shaped in an X from where they were standing by at the door. The six pillars on the the perpendicular sides had a marking each with the similar symbol that Sunmin had seen earlier throughout the whole Academy. 

 

Sunmin was more amazed with the fact that it look more Westernised than the outside. She remembered then that the Academy was a place full of mysterious mazes and magick that she had yet to and curious to know. She looked at the flags that were hanging down at the four pillars on the opposite side with the same stained-glass as she had noted when they entered the buliding. She figured that they had reached the other end of the hallway from where they entered.

 

She blinked when she heard the sudden buzzing in her ear had quieten down, her eyes wondering back to the floors of the hall. She realise then it was not a buzzing. It was whispers and small talks among the students of the Academy that she had put it off as background noise. She blinked and saw many pairs of eyes watching her. 

 

"Woah.." 

 

She didn't move when she was joined with her other best friends and brothers behind her. She saw Xiumin nodding towards Baekhyun who gave her a one-sided grin before he turned his attention to all of them. 

 

"Come with us.." Baekhyun said, just as Xiumin walked forth. 

 

Taemin held Sunmin's hand tightly in his, as they walked forward first, followed by the rest behind. Through the rows of long dining tables that were filled with buffet of food from Korean to Western at each table. She tried not to get intimidated by the whispers and stares of the others who were watching her being escorted with a group of boys. She could hear them very well though the whispers were as light as air. She turned her attention to the platform at the front where she had met earlier on. 

 

Mr. Lee. 

 

He smiled at their arrival, making way for them as they lined up in front of the stage like models. Sunmin stood in the middle, holding her hands tight with Taemin. There was a short buzz through where their skin touch and she could feel what Taemin felt too. 

 

Intimidated, scared, nervous, lost, confused and impatience. She could tell Taemin was not liking the idea of them being displayed like this but he knew that there was something that the whole Academy need to know. Sunmin glanced at the others, catching their eyes and looks. They were shifting their feet, rubbing their palms in behind their back or on their jeans. They were all nervous and anxious as to what they were about to go through. 

 

Key was the only one who was glaring at Mr. Lee with cold cat eyes. Key met her eyes slightly before returning to glaring, his look was unpleasant and unfriendly. Sunmin felt her heart pound against her chest as she look at Taemin, seeking help and comfort. Taemin looked at her, mouthing to her to calm down. She tried but after taking a few deep breaths, she manage to. She felt Sungyeol who was on her other side reaching for her hand and she took it instinctively. 

 

A sudden buzz ran through their skin and she felt like she could hear all of their thoughts and feel what they were feeling. However, she felt determined and powerful with them beside her, no longer the frail and scared girl she was a few moments ago. 

 

"Attention, everyone!" Mr. Lee started off, his voice echoing through the walls of the hall. Sunmin blinked, thinking how his voice had gotten louder than it used to be. 

 

She look at the back of Mr. Lee's figure, something glowing was catching her eyes and she manage to get a better look when he moved his hand again. She saw it was another symbol, one which she had seen before in one of the spellbooks that Key had showed her once. 

 

Its the Magna symbol.. Key spoke through their heads. 

 

Whats that...? Taemin asked. 

 

Symbol for loud... like... making your voice louder to announce something... She answered coolly. 

 

She could feel something light through her veins and turned to see Key smiling at her. She grinned and blush slightly, a warm pink colour appearing on her cheeks. Key was proud of her for remembering it correctly. 

 

".... They will be our newest students.. Please treat them with respect and also accept them into your cliques. Its unusual for us to take in new students during the mid-term but I'll assure you that this is for a reason... 

 

"Is it because of the prophecy?!" 

 

Sunmin heard someone shouted the question out loud, earning a few gasps and harsh whispers among the students. She felt slightly insulted and slightly out of place. She did not like the whole attention to her. She felt a few emotions running through the veins, from the others that were beside her. They were all a little shock and stunned too but someone was telling them to calm down. 

 

They waited for Mr. Lee to say something. He did not speak but just smile. Sunmin felt shivers down her back but she could not pinpoin exactly. She could tell the others were feeling what she felt too. There was a bad vibe about him but they could not tell what. 

 

Mr. Lee talked for a while more before he turned to them. He put his palms together and smiled again. Sunmin just looked at him, her eyes grave. 

 

"Proceed to the empty table at the far right..." Mr. Lee spoke, "Baekhyun and the rest will be assisting you all thoroughout the semester.." 

 

Taemin nodded along with the rest before they were led down the stage to the tables. Again, murmurs and whispers were heard but they were ignored. Sunmin felt the hairs at the back of her neck stand up upon walking past Mr. Lee. Mr. Lee caught her eye and smile sincerely though there was something moving in his eyes. Sunmin noticed and turned away, following Taemin as he lead her down. 

 

They settled at the tables, Sunmin staying in between Taemin and Sunggyu. She leaned against her brother's arm as she looked at the food that was in front of her. There were plenty and she could read the others' all waiting to gobble up into the buffet. Taemin was his lips and practically drooling along wih Sungjong. She giggled a little and poked his cheek. 

 

"Stop it... Its digusting..." She muttered, seeing him eyeing the huge roasted chicken in front of him. 

 

"It looks delicious.." Taemin hissed back just as they heard someone cleared their throat and looked up. 

 

Onew glared at Taemin with a protective look and muttered, "The chicken's mine.." 

 

"Oh no.." Sunggyu spoke, "Onew have chicken fantasies.. I just remembered..." 

 

The rest of the table broke into snickers and small fits of laughters just as they heard some light bell ringing above them. They looked up to see bells hanging above them, like chandeliers. Sunmin blinked in confusion just as Kevin asked aloud. 

 

"Whats that for?" 

 

"Indication to eat.." A young boy replied and everyone stared at him. 

 

They stared at him for a long time before they turned to Taemin and then to him again. Sunmin noticed something too and did the same before she raised a fork and pointed at the young boy's direction. 

 

"Are you two... you two..." She was mixed for words, lost in confusion, the whole thing since she entered the Academy seem like a dream. 

 

"Siblings?" The boy answered, giving her a charming one-sided smile, "Nope. Im a Kim."

 

"I'm a Lee." Taemin replied dully, staring at the boy who was giving Sunmin interesting looks. 

 

"I'm a Kim too.." Sunmin replied absentmindedly just as Taemin growled in his throat and glared at the boy. 

 

The others were already dishing out the food from the centre of the table to their plates, eating hungrily like poor peasants given a huge buffet spread. Sunmin stared at the boy before he smile and leaned forward to her direction. She could feel Taemin's hand tightening around hers and it hurt but she knew he was just jealous. 

 

"The name's Kim Jongin..." He smiled again, taking her breath away, "You can call me Kai- Oww!" 

 

"Dammit.. no flirting at the table, brat." Another boy hissed after smacking Kai's head with his spoon. 

 

"You didn't have to do that!" Kai growled and glared at the boy, "Dammit, D.O. hyung.." 

 

"And what... threatened me in class?" D.O., the boy with the enormous huge owl eyes, chewing on his rice cutely. He looked up and gave an apologetic look, "Ignore my dear friend here... He's a flirt.." 

 

"Am not!" 

 

"Shut up!" D.O. stuffed his mouth with rice, "Eat!" 

 

Sunmin blinked and heard someone snickering and chuckling beside her. She turned and looked at Taemin who covered his mouth, trying to hide his laughter. She smacked his thigh from under the table. 

 

"You too... Eat up.." Sunmin replied, grabbing for a scoop of ddeobbeokki that among the dishes, already aware that she had a lot of attention now and grumbled softly under her breath how she hated it.