Chapter 16. [Days]

Deeply Found

It felt like days were passing the more I stayed here. 

 

Sitting on the bed in the room that I was put in since I was captured, I'm starting to get used to the routine's here. Every morning, I would wake up, wash up and wait till a servant came to my room and bring me down to eat with Hye Kyu. Afterwards, I was suppose to spend time with Hye Kyu whom take me to different places in the castle. My shackles were still on me, bruising my wrists and ankles badly but my skin was getting thicker than it was before. Lunch was where we were at and after lunch I was summoned back to my room until dinner. 

 

I sighed and looked at the shackles quietly. Somehow, I felt like I needed to be shackled and stay away. I was beginning to enjoy the quietness and the alone time by myself except for those with Hye Kyu or his creatures involved. I looked at the ring on my finger, engraved with Taemin's name and slowly slipped it out. My only memory left of him was of those before I was brought here. 

 

It was on the 9th night that I realise I could not feel him anymore. The tug seem to be gone and numb, like a simple piece of thread that could easy break with a soft blow. I looked at the ceiling the rest of the night, wondering if its possible that the bond will break any hour now. It was so thin, it hurt. I wanted so badly to let go then. I tried to sleep, the heaviness of my eyebags was visible and growing bad. I got up and sat on my bed, thinking quietly. 

 

The doors sudden croaked and I turned to see Hye Kyu standing in the dark by the door. He assessed me, looking at me before he walked quietly towards me. 

 

"Can't sleep?" He whispered into the still air, eyes locked on me. 

 

"Yes," I simply replied, looking down at the shackles on me. I felt the bed dropped, knowing Hye Kyu was sitting slightly away from me. 

 

"Something bothering you?"

 

"Alot," I whispered and kept quiet, "You can unshackle me...I won't run anymore." 

 

Hye Kyu kept his eyes on me before he flicked his wrists and the shackles came undone, dropping on the floor heavily. I kept quiet and looked at my swollen wrists, knowing my ankles were mostly likely swollen too. I put my hands down and kept quiet. 

 

"You want to talk about it?" Hye Kyu suddenly suggested, taking me back by surprise. 

 

I quickly shook my head and whispered, "Its okay, anyways..."

 

Hye Kyu kept quiet and nodded before he got up slowly and walked back to the door. I sighed and looked outside the window, seeing the mountains shining in the moonlight. I tried to keep my mind occupied, my feelings seem to stump to nothing but boredom or numb. Hye Kyu seem to have a change of heart too, realising I was losing myself quietly. He didn't say anything. It was what he wanted. 

 

I looked down and sigh softly, rubbing my chest slightly when I felt something in me snapped. 

 

I hold my breath, feeling the painfulness of the snapped, like being snapped back like a rubber band. I felt a tear rolled down my cheek as I realised what it meant. I took a deep breath and whispered the name of the broken bond. 

 

Days after days passed, yet no one came to find me. I let it be, having more time alone as Hye Kyu began to be more busy with his stuff. I kept quiet, looking out the window and wondered what would it take to find me. I shook my head and sigh, my hope for them losing out too. The only thing left in me was pain and numb. I gave out another sigh when Hye Kyu burst in to the room. 

 

"Take her and bring her over." Hye Kyu simply said, his actions seem disturbed and pissed. 

 

The creature came up to me and shackled me, tugging on my shackles hard. I almost slipped, trying to keep up with them as I was lead down the main stairs and headed down another brick stairs down from the ground floor. I looked at the tunnels as the creature marched through with another behind, bringing me through a series of mazes and more tunnels. 

 

I was pulled and fell on the rocky floor when we came to a stop in front of one of the stairs in the tunnel. I sighed and let them pull me, the friction wounding me and cutting my skin open. I sighed softly, not fighting back anymore and just accepting what they want to do to me. The creature lifted me and covered my head with a gunny sack before it continued marching on with the rest of the creatures following behind. 

 

Soon, I felt a light breeze in my hair and the smell of wood and dry leaves the moment I was carried out. I could feel the air was lighter now that we were outside. 

 

Assuming we are. 

 

I kept quiet and heard shuffling of footsteps in front of me. Hye Kyu's hand laid down on my shoulder and press lightly. I gripped my hands tight and bit my lip, trying to hold back the pain. I close my eyes and felt the gunny sack lifted off my head. 

 

My eyes hurt from the glaring sunlight and I winced slightly. I blinked and take a look around, seeing a forest surrounding us. 

 

The creatures were all around me and Hye Kyu who was smirking at the group of people in front of me. I looked up and saw it was my family and friends, a relief eased through my lungs. I bit my lip and looked at everyone who stared at me. I realised then, I must have looked hideous. 

 

Key groaned and stared at the state I was in, bleeding and fatigue. I didn't stop him, knowing the reason was me and nothing else. 

 

The rest of them cursed and look at me. I smiled small to them, my eyes darting around to find that one particular pair. 

 

Taemin stared at me, him looking better than I last saw him. I looked away, not meeting his eyes. Our bond was gone now and nothing mattered. 

 

"Gone, isn't it?" Hye Kyu said, smirking as he looked at Taemin, "Your lovey dovey bond is gone..." 

 

Taemin groaned and tried to attack, however, Minho hold him down. Taemin struggled against Minho, the fire was burning slightly in his hands. Key stared at Hye Kyu who smiled triumphly and laughed darkly. 

 

"Ahh..." Hye Kyu sighed in relief, "What sadness...Look at her...I didn't even do all that to her..." 

 

I kept quiet and looked down at the grass, the shackles biting into my skin. I let it be, hearing Taemin calling out my name. 

 

"Sun Min...S-sun min!" 

 

"This boy..." Hye Kyu simply looked at Taemin with extreme pity, "Don't you not understand? She doesn't even look at you now...What have you done to her.." 

 

"Sun Min! I'm sorry! Please!" 

 

"What does he mean by the bond is gone?" I heard Jonghyun asking Key who fumed and glared at Hye Kyu in digust. 

 

"Let me explain to all of you," Hye Kyu said, his gestures were of him hosting them in his own home, "The bond will be weakened when one is hurt or one is away from the other half for too long.." 

 

"Have you ever heard of this? When its too painful to hang on to, you must let it go," Hye Kyu smiled evilly and looked at Taemin, "I wondered who let go of the bond..." 

 

"Sun Min.." Onew whispered, "Did you-" 

 

I kept quiet, not wanting to answer. I didn't even know about how to release the bond but it seems so. I let go of the bond because it was too painful. It was too weak. It had no meaning anymore. I had no feelings anymore. I looked at the grass, hanging my head low as the other side, the other struggled more, hearing the truth about the bond. 

 

"N-no!" Taemin cried out, "S-sun min! I'm sorry!" 

 

"Its too late..." Hye Kyu whispered, "She has become weak.." 

 

"She will not be your pet peeve!" Key hollered, glaring at Hye Kyu and release an energy ball in his direction. 

 

Hye Kyu push it away and smirked. The creatures around us were hissing and threatening back with vicious animal sounds. I shivered and didn't dare to look up. I closed my eyes and stayed where I was, weak and tired as ever. 

 

"Let me go!" Taemin tried to push against Minho's strength, struggling, "I want to kill this son of a !" 

 

"There there..." Hye Kyu clicked his tongue and pretend to be interested in his nails, "Who is calling who?" 

 

"Give her back to me!" Taemin demanded, pushing Minho away and standing in front of Hye Kyu. 

 

"If she wants to," 

 

I blinked and looked at Hye Kyu, who looked at me. He smirked at me but there were slight sincerity in his eyes. I bit my lip and stared at him a little longer before he flicked his wrist and the shackles, on queue, came off. He was really giving me a chance to run back. However, I couldn't trust his words now. 

 

I tried to stand, falling again. My body was weak and I was tired. I looked at Hye Kyu as I took a step forward and took another. He looked at me, his eyes daring me to go and that smirk was still on his lips. I wondered if this was a trick, knowing he could ask the creatures to pull me back and I have seen how fast these creatures move. I took another step and another, turning away from Hye Kyu and towards Key. 

 

Key looked at me, his eyes soften slightly as I continue to limp towards him. Taemin tried to come near me but Onew stopped him. I bit my lip and almost took another step forward to the safety of my brothers and friends. 

 

"Shoot her." 

 

I heard Hye Kyu's instruction and widen my eyes, turning around to face him when something shot through my shoulder. I gasped and bit my lip, falling on the ground when another arrow flew towards me. I whimpered and tried to pull the arrow free, screaming in agony and crying in pain. Woohyun ran to me, catching me and pull me to safety with the help of Kevin and Sungjong. 

 

There was a shield that block all the arrows out, turning them into ashes as the arrows kept going. I gasped and whimpered, biting my lip and looked at Hye Kyu admist the mess of arrows and ashes. His face was grave and his eyes were cold. No longer the sincere one that I knew of. I looked at him and watch him as some of his creatures tried to fight back at us. 

 

Key shouted among the fight, "Take her away! Open the portal!" 

 

Kevin quickly opened the portal and Sungjong pull me into it. I looked at the rest of them fighting, slowly backing away towards the portal. I kept my eyes on Hye Kyu who turned away and walked to where he came from, to where we came from and disappeared. I felt the suction of the portal pulling me back, the arrow digging into my flesh as the suction was strong. 

 

I came back in one piece, falling into Sungjong's arms and cried in pain. 

 

"Oh !" Sungjong cursed and tried to stop the bleeding mess. 

 

"Get her to the infirmary!" Sunny cried out as the rest of them slowly return from the portal. 

 

Kevin sealed the portal once everyone was back and accounted for. Everyone surrounded me as my consciousness slipped in and out. Minho quickly lifted me up and put me on the stretcher with Jonghyun. Key checked on me and caressed my cheek. 

 

"H-hey...stay with me..." He whispered, being the thoughtful and caring brother. 

 

I tried to, hearing someone pushing through and felt the cold fingers of someone's hands on my cheek. 

 

"S-sun min.." Taemin whispered, biting his lip and looked at me, "I'm so sorry..." 

 

I didn't look at him as I felt my eyes closing. The bumpiness of the road to the infirmary help to lull me to unconsciousness.