Chapter 18. [Mystery]

Deeply Found

Taemin took my hand and pull me out of the crowd. I looked at him, wondering what is going on. Everyone was heading back to the dorms after dinner at the Great Hall. 

 

"Whats wrong?" I asked him as he took my hand and pull me against the crowd. 

 

Taemin hold my hand tight and pull me till we turned into another corner where the hallway was empty. I look at him and tried to pull my hand back. 

 

"What is it?" I asked him. 

 

"Nothing..." He said, letting me go and look at me. 

 

"Then we should-" 

 

"No..." He grabbed my hand and pull me to face him. 

 

"Walk with me...please?" Taemin asked, his hands holding mine. 

 

I looked at him and nodded, letting him lead the way. I blushed and turned behind to make sure no one is sneaking up on us, walking with him. Taemin walked me through the hallways, holding my hand and laced our fingers. I laced my fingers with his, suddenly missing this feeling. 

 

"Sun Min..." 

 

"Hmm?" I looked at him who slid his other hand in his pocket. 

 

"About..." 

 

"The bond?" I whispered, looking at him, "We aren't really broken.." 

 

"Meaning?" My words had confused him, seeing he couldn't understand. 

 

"Means...I'm powerful enough to make sure it seems like to you it is gone.." I said, looking at him. 

 

Our bond didn't really break...

 

What! How even...

 

Taemin turned and pull me to look at him. I look at him and smile small. He wondered if its all true, looking at me confused. I shrugged and felt him pull me to him, stumbling slightly. 

 

"Tae...Whats-" 

 

A piercing scream filled the hallway, followed by other screams as well. Taemin widened his eyes and hold my hand, looking at me. I shared the same look. 

 

Just then, the teachers ran past us. 

 

Mr. Park saw us and with a firm voice, "Taemin, Sun Min...come along!" 

 

I blink and felt Taemin pull me, running along with them to see what happened. Fear trickled down my spine, my body breaking out in cold sweat. As we went closer, my body felt a strong presence of something dark. It reminded me of the dark tendrils in my nightmares but it wasn't real. 

 

The teachers slow down as there was a crowd of students surrounding the intersection of the dorms. Taemin and I tried to fit our way through, the teachers got to the front first. There was a pungent smell of blood and I braced myself for whats to come. 

 

"She is still alive!" I heard one of my brothers said, coming around the corner to have a better look. 

 

I gasped as I found myself in front of my room door. Taemin gasped and looked at the girl who was lying in the pool of blood just beside our door. I knelt down to her and touch her skin. Her skin was cold as ice but I could sense the light beats of her fearful heart. 

 

"Give me a pen.." I whispered and someone gave me a pen inmediately. 

 

"Sun Min...I don't think its going to-" 

 

"Trust me on this." I hissed, closing my eyes and felt my whole power coursed through me. 

 

I wrote something on my palm with the pen, my palm suddenly glowing an ethereal glow. I touched her skin gently and felt my powers doing its job - healing her. 

 

Slowly, she moved, everyone gasped and watched. I pull away just enough for her to wake slightly. The young girl turned and look at all of us weakly. She tried to talk but one of my brothers had already lifted her up and ran with Baekhyun and Onew to send her to the infirmary. 

 

I regathered myself and look at the blood pool. The teachers diverted everyone else away, sending them back to their dorms. I sighed and leaned against the ledge as my brothers and friends tried to think and make out what happened. 

 

Key lifted something out of the pool of blood with his spell. I heard him muttered a spell and the item was slowly revealed as the blood dripped off. 

 

"Its a knife.." Woohyun said, "I have never seen before..." 

 

"Runes.." Minho whispered. 

 

"Ancient.." I whispered, looking at the cravings on the blade. 

 

"Don't touch!" Key hissed when Sungjong almost did, "I can't read much..." 

 

"Put it in here.." Mr. Lee said, coming with a box with runes decorating all around it, "Don't touch the knife...I sense it can possess people into doing something they aren't suppose to.." 

 

"How do you know?" I asked, looking at Mr. Lee. 

 

"I've seen more than what you did.." He said, shutting the box lid. "Get the caretaker to clean this up." 

 

One of the teachers nodded and left the area. The other teachers have already send the rest of the students back to their dorms. I felt Taemin pulled me away into his arms. I sighed and looked at Taemin who gave me a look before patting my back gently. 

 

"I want to visit the girl.." I whispered as everyone around me started leaving the area. 

 

Taemin sighed, "Not tonight...Tomorrow..." 

 

I nodded, sighing. Taemin nods and unlock the door. 

 

"Sun Min..." 

 

I turned and look at Key. He looked worried and I hugged him. Key gave out a sigh of relief and hugged me tighter. I know he must be worried as my brother. He is the only one who would be worried over me. I looked at Key as he cupped my cheek and looked at me. 

 

"I'll be fine.." I whispered, "I've got Taemin..." 

 

"I just wanna make sure...Here.." He passed me something in my hand and I looked at it. 

 

"Whats this?" I asked, looking at the locket and open the locket. Inside was a picture of my parents, smiling at me. 

 

"Umma...Appa..." I whispered before Key grabbed my shoulders and pull me into a tight hug. 

 

"If you are in any danger, press this little jewel at the side here.." He showed me and it glowed once before it died out. 

 

"What is this for?" I whispered, looking at him. 

 

"Every one of us are wearing a little part of this jewel on us..if it glows, we know who is in danger." 

 

I nodded and put it on me. Key smiled softly and kiss my forehead. 

 

"Be safe.." He whispered, "This mystery is still not solved yet and I believe its a message...I'll see you tomorrow..." 

 

I nodded and hugged everyone else who came over. I hugged them and tried to remember a part of everyone. 

 

"Be safe..." Myungsoo whispered before he gave me a brief kiss on my forehead and left with the rest. 

 

I watched as they left into their dorms. Someone grabbed my wrist gently and I looked at Taemin who held my hand gently and was watching me. 

 

"Come...lets rest.." He whispered as the caretaker appeared and cleaned the mess up. I nodded and followed in, before the door closed and we rest for the night. 

 

* * * * * * 

 

I got up, panting and sweating all over. I tried to remember my nightmare but my head was hurting badly. The neon lights of the clock by my bed showed that it was 5am in the morning. 

 

Taemin stirred and looked at me. I panted and rubbed my head, clutching it between my knees. He got up and rubbed my back gently. 

 

"Whats wrong?" He asked me, looking at me worriedly. "Nightmare?" 

 

"I...I can't remember.." I whispered, looking at him. 

 

Taemin grabbed his handkerchief and wiped my sweat off my forehead. I let him and felt myself shaking from the nightmare. He held my hands and pull me into his chest. I closed my eyes and sighed heavily, wrapping my arms around him. I breathed in and out, trying to calm down. 

 

"I'm here..." He whispered, holding me closer and sighed. 

 

I nodded and hugged him tighter, biting my lip. Taemin hold me closer and rubbed my back gently. I looked at him and whispered. 

 

"I could hear her screaming..." I said, "The girl..." 

 

 "I'm sure she is fine.." Taemin whispered, looking at me. 

 

I sighed and look at him, biting my lip. I wondered if this will end soon. Taemin looked at me and caress my cheek. 

 

"It will end soon..." Taemin kissed my cheek and pull me closer, "This wouldn't have happen if I didn't let you go with Hye Kyu..If only I was more-" 

 

I look at him and stopped him, "No...no....Hye Kyu will still get me no matter what..." 

 

I sighed and look at him, "Believe me...It wasn't your fault.." 

 

"Sun-" 

 

"Jagiya..." I whispered, looking at him and pull him closer. 

 

Taemin looked at me and pull me closer, resting his forehead on mine. I blushed and bit my lip, letting him. He placed his hand on my cheek and I closed my eyes. I could read his feelings and his thoughts. I pant and gasped, reading his fear, his love, his passion and desire that he had for me. 

 

I opened my eyes and looked at him, just as he did. I blushed and felt him pull me closer, feeling him carry me just on top of his lap. I blushed and gasped, looking at him as he wrapped his hand around my neck and pull me closer. 

 

I closed my eyes and breathed him in, feeling his lips on mine as he kissed me. I mewled and breathed him in more, parting my lips and kiss him deeper. His grip around me tightened, his lips slipping a soft growl. I groaned and pull him closer, kissing him deeply. He lifted my leg over him and gently push me on the bed. 

 

Without a second thought, he pull the sheets over us and we continued through the rest of the morning. 

 

* * * * *

 

I got up and mewled, shivering. 

 

I felt funny since I entered classes that afternoon. Taemin gathered my stuff gently. 

 

"Sit down..." He whispered, "Don't stand.." 

 

"Jagi-" 

 

"Sun Min...whats wrong?" Key came from the door, a few of my brothers followed behind. 

 

"I don't know...I felt weird since I left the Great Hall for lunch." 

 

"Taemin...bring her to the infirmary," Key said, "Hyung... I need you to check the glass that Sun Min drank..." 

 

"Jagi.." I whispered, grunting and felt Taemin lifted me up. 

 

"Go now!" Key hissed, touching his earring that glowed once and disappeared. 

 

I held on to Taemin as I tried to stay awake. Taemin sighed and ran, holding me close. I could barely make out the words that spelled infirmary. 

 

"Nurse!" 

 

"Oh! What happened?!" 

 

"She might have been poisoned.." Taemin whispered, setting me down on a vacant bed. 

 

I looked at Taemin who stayed with me. I sighed and groaned, my head suddenly throbbed so badly. I closed my eyes and the nurse came back with a cup. I looked at the cup and Taemin helped me up. 

 

"It smells bad.." Taemin said, staring at the cup. 

 

I groaned and gave Taemin a look, grunting. The nurse gave him a look and fed me the contents of the cup. I groaned and almost spit out the liquid, the taste was so bad. 

 

"Its not milk! Swallow it once!" The nurse nagged, her wrinkled hands forcing the whole contents down my throat. 

 

Taemin cringed and tried to stay by me, his hand holding my back while the other was over his mouth. I groaned and took a deep breath, immediately regretted and hold my breath as I forced myself to swallow it. 

 

It tasted like salted fish with overly fermented beans. I coughed the moment the cup was away from my lips. The nurse pass me another cup of water and I manage to swallow it all at once, washing away the digusting taste. 

 

"She will need her rest... the potion will work in her system as she rest..." The nurse told him, tucking me in. 

 

"Thank you," He whispered and look at me. 

 

I close my eyes and groaned, feeling drowsy. Taemin sighed and tuck me in, holding my hand. I felt his cheek in my hand and slowly a soft hum emerged into my thoughts, letting me fall into a deep slumber. 

 

 

* * * * *

 

"How is she?" Mr. Lee spoke as he finish signing off some papers. 

 

"Resting." One of the ladies replied, coming up in her long robe. 

 

"Good." Mr. Lee replied, turning his chair around and took a box from his side. 

 

The box had delicate runes decorated around it, the same box that held the knife that was confiscated last night due to the incident that happen in the hallway. He touched the box and put it into the hands of the lady. 

 

"I need you to find the source of where this comes from," Mr. Lee spoke, "I want you to report back to me." 

 

"Yes, Mr. Lee," 

 

"Keep this between us, Ms. BoA," He said, "In time...I will reveal it all to them. They are facing a much bigger threat than just Hye Kyu himself.." 

 

The lady nodded and bowed before leaving. Mr. Lee went back slowly, facing the window that looked upon the whole school compound as well as the whole of Seoul. He could see both the human world and the magick world, reflections of each world colliding. 

 

Something stirred at the corner and he barely glance to acknowledge the creature that manifest itself there. He held out a hand to which the creature's boney fingers placed a small scroll. 

 

"You will return when I call upon you," He hissed at the creature which hissed back and disappeared into a black curtain and smoke. 

 

He open the scroll and read the note. 

 

It's time for them to be tested..