Chapter 8. [New Student.]

Deeply Found

Taemin held my hand and gave it a slight squeeze as he locked our room door. He wore the school uniform, the top of his blouse was ed and his hair was slightly ruffled. I smiled and held my own set of keys, sliding it into my skirt pocket. I looked at him just as he double-checked that the door was locked properly. 

 

"Done?" I asked him, watching him as he slid the keys into his pocket and nodded. His sling bag was wrapped around his torso, revealing the slight set of muscles underneath the blouse. 

 

I blushed and looked at him as he squeezed my hand again and lead me down the spiral staircase. He turned back and grinned, the sharpness of his jaw and his facial features were taking my breath away. I turned red, passing by the torches that were burning along the walls of the spiral staircase. I sweared he grinned knowingly, seeing the blush of my cheeks as the light from the fire lit up my face one by one as we walked passed them. 

 

"Like what you see?" He whispered as he reached the last step, his hand still holding on to mine. 

 

I was about to answer defensively when he tugged me slightly, making me lose my footing and yelped. His arms were around me and he dip me slightly. I blushed and looked at him with wide eyes, feeling shy and self-conscious. I looked at him, biting my lip as he gave a knowing smirk and lean in for a peck on my lips. 

 

He pulled away and pulled me up on my feet, smiling with a slight smug on his face. I growled and pouted, straightening my uniform. The button of my school jacket was and my fingers were fumbling to button them. Taemin noticed and chuckled, watching me scramble to get myself together. I looked at him, seeing how he had his jacket ed and showed his blouse. I sighed and took a step closer. 

 

"Button them up... I don't like it when you show it to other girls around the school..." I murmured, feeling a hint of red appearing on my cheeks but my words were sincere and true. 

 

I know how the girl ogle their eyes out upon him and the rest of my brothers and best friends went we stood up on the platform to introduce ourselves two days before. I felt a sting of envy and jealousy when I noticed how flawless and angelic all of them look. I felt inferior and unattractive. Remembering how Jessica treated me the other night, I shivered and sighed hopelessly. Taemin looked at me and wrap his arms around me. 

 

"Hey..." He lifted my chin to look at him, "No matter what happens.... I still love you...hmm? You are my one and only..." 

 

I nodded and looked at him,reaching for his hand as we opened the front door. 

 

And was greeted with the whole circle of our friends. 

 

I blinked and met all their eyes before I noticed a figure approaching us. Key crossed his arms and looked at the both of us. He glared at Taemin a little before looking at me.

 

"How's sleep?" He asked me, his eyes toned down with worry and fear. 

 

"Kencanah..." I murmured, still holding Taemin's hand, "Oppa... You know I can sleep better with-" 

 

"Taemin..I know... But," Key emphasized on the word, his eyes shot back to Taemin, "I still don't approve the fact you two are sharing a room... A room on its own." 

 

"Kibum..." I heard Woohyun hissed, grabbing Key's shoulders gently and tugged him away, "Come on... Talk later... Breakfast now... in the main hall...People are watching..." 

 

I looked around for a minute and sure enough there wasn't only our clique that was watching us. Other students that were coming out from the different dorms were pausing for a second and watching us with judging looks. I caught Krystal walking with her big sister. Jessica glared at me and gave me a up and down look before she whispered something and strut away from us along with a flock of girls that were following her. I saw Krystal gave an apologetic look and caught up with her sister. 

 

Xiumin was reading a book along the way when he stopped and looked up at us. He blinked and stared, wondering what was going on. I could feel him staring at me, trying to ask telephatically what was happening. 

 

Sunny was with her friends when she saw us. She tried to distract her friends from what was going on, looking at me apologetically when some of her friends were staring at us. I bit my lip, hearing the handful of girls murmuring and whispering to one another about us. I can tell it was about us. No one else was having trouble right now but us.

 

Baekhyun looked at me and sighed, his other hand holding on to the strap of his bag. The other guys were surrounding him, all their eyes were on Taemin and Key. I bit my lip and turned away, tugging on Taemin's hand. 

 

"Enough, oppa... I don't want to be reminded that I'm the special one here... I don't like it." I said with a grim tone, sighing and pulled Taemin to the direction to the main hall. Taemin followed, his eyes measuring up to Key's before he turned away and sighed softly. 

 

He sighed and caught up with my footsteps as we walked away from the group. I could feel their eyes staring straight to my back and burned holes. I felt embarassed and ashamed. Never had I once disobeyed Key but sometimes I need him to back off. Something in me shook but I ignore it for a moment. 

 

"Sun Min," Taemin whispered as we walked through the halls to the main hall. 

 

"Don't apologise, Tae.." I murmured back, "They have to know that they have to let go of me... I'm growing up and I need my own space too," 

 

Taemin didn't say anything and I felt relief for that. I didn't want to argue with him now, I just need him beside me. I walked into the main hall with him just as I felt something wet dropped on me. 

 

Something cluttered on the floor beside me as my nose was filled up with stentch of wet socks. I gasped and cringed, prying the dirty wet socks away from my face and hair. The stentch was so bad, I could tell that my uniform was ruined. I opened my eyes just as the first wave of laughters filled the main hall. Taemin blinked and took a step back, looking at me. I stared at him as he took a step forward, trying hard to not show any expression as he hold his breath and pry the socks away from my hair and face and clothes. 

 

I could hear my best friends rushing over to me along with my brothers. I bit back the urge to cry and burst into tears. I sighed and dropped my bag of books. I looked at the main hall, the students laughing and taking picture of the sight. 

 

"Hey! New student!" I heard someone called on me, "I think you just had a shower!" 

 

"A shower of wet dirty socks!" I heard Jessica's high pitched voice at the corner, before she burst into laughters with her clique. I met her eyes and caught a smirk and a shrug as if to say not my idea but you deserve it.

 

I sighed and looked away, biting my lip. 

 

"Sun Min...Kencanah?!" Jonghyun whispered before he cringed back at the scent and pinch his nose. 

 

I looked down and didn't say anything, feeling more embarassed and ashamed. I felt something stirred in me, making me feel a little disgusted and revengeful. I grabbed my bag and turned away, walking back to the hallway. 

 

"Sun Min!" Taemin ran after me, sighing. 

 

I closed my eyes and just continued walking, feeling the tears in my eyes and wiped them away frustratedly. I clenched my hands into fist, feeling a slight glow emerged from my palm. I could feel a surge of power spreading through me as I thought about how Jessica was making fun of me along with everyone else. I cursed and wished something happened to all of them, those who made fun of me. 

 

The moment I reached the room, hearing Taemin running up the stairs to me, I locked myself in the toilet and stripped my uniform off. Feeling the shower rained on me the moment I the shower, I grabbed the scrub and soap, scrubbing the smell off my skin. I could hear Taemin pounding on the toilet door, calling my name over and over again. 

 

It was when I grew tired of scrubbing the smell off my skin, I sat on the floor of the bathtub and hid my face between my knees. I took a deep breath, the ache spreading through my chest and squeezed my heart tight. I felt the pain and hurt before drowning myself in loud sobs under the shower, crying over and over again.