Chapter 1. [Prologue]

Deeply Found

Sungjong sighed and looked out of the window, tapping a finger on his mug of hot chocolate. He sighed heavily, having not enough sleep since the Game and was dreading for something to help him. Something else was bothering him and he know what it was. He tapped on the mug again, hoping the slight rhythm that was stuck in his head would overrule the thoughts that was coming up to him like knife blades. 

 

Looking out of the window, he watched as cars drove by with delivery trucks and motorcycles. He watch as people walk along the street, crossing the road and minding their own business and running their own errands. He watch as the trees swayed in the autumn breeze and how the birds were soaring through the sky freely. 

 

Freely... I need freedom...

 

He didn't hear the door opened or whatsoever, but he could smell the faint scent of lavender and roses filling his nose. He closed his eyes before opening them, staring out the window still. Through his periphal vision, he watch a slight movement, a figure, joining him by the window. The scent was more concentrated now just as the slight body heat radiating off her skin. 

 

"Sungjong..." She breathed, a round circle of vapour fogged up the glass where she was standing at. 

 

Sungjong didn't turn but he knew what she was here for. He sighed heavily, his own vapour fogging up the glass before he turned to meet those precious brown eyes which he had fallen when he first stared in to them when they were just kids. He felt his heart pumped a little harder and faster than just moments ago, before it crumbled again when he was reminded that she was not his.

 

Sungjong looked at her face, imagining sketching her out on his notebook in class one day, getting her so right on the page but it was never perfect. Something about her made him want to draw her out more, his hand itching for a pencil. He took a deep breath and sighed inwardly, looking at her before catching a strand of her brown hair and push it back behind her ear. 

 

He could feel her shudder under his touch but he was not sure whether it was him or the room temperature. He had left the other window open throughout the whole morning, not turning on the heater. He was suppose to freeze out but he was taking in the temperature and producing more heat than usual. Even in his sweater and jeans with his beanie, he felt warm and alright. 

 

Sun Min, however, was in a thicker sweater than his and thick socks and boots. Her hair was cascading down her shoulders like a waterfall. She had her fringe clipped to the side, making her look like a princess if she was wearing a long and lavish gown- 

 

"Is it time?" Sungjong breathed out, trying to stop himself from thinking otherwise. 

 

"Neh.." Sun Min muttered, sighing and looking up after a moment of hesitation, "The car will be here soon.." 

 

Sungjong nodded and let her go, watching her walk to the door. He breathed in, closing his eyes and took in the scent of lavender and roses. He wished he had a spell to keep the scent there, trying to rake through his jumbled thoughts for one. He felt something in his hand before he opened his eyes and opened his closed fingers, revealing a flower. 

 

It look distorted but perfect. A combination of a lavender and a rose mixed into one flower. He looked at the petals, how marvelous the rose petal and the lavender petal morph together to create a perfect pair. It was when he took another breath in, was he able to smell the scent of roses and lavender that he was yearning for. He kissed the flower lightly, watching it as the flower shivereled into gold powder and blew it off his palm gently. 

 

"Sungjong...." 
 

Sungjong froze and looked up. His eyes scanned the whole room, his senses were raising up in alert mode. He bit his lip and look at the empty room. His muscles tensed up and his heart stopped. He wished there was something to tell him he was just hallucinating but he could sense his eyes. He could recognise it before he even see him, a training he had learn when he was a child with his... 

 

Hyung... 

 

"Sungjong...

 

He whispered his name on his plump lips, his eyes wider and alarmed. 

 

"Hye Kyu hyung..."