Chapter 22. [The Haunted]

Deeply Found

After the day was over, I quickly packed my books to head over to see how Kevin was progressing. I could sense the eagerness between my friends and family too after Taemin shared with them what I had tried on during breakfast this morning, which I didn’t went again in order to catch some sleep. 

 

I was about to leave when someone called me. 

 

“S-sun Min?” 

 

I turned and look at the person, recognising her as the victim of the mysterious attack the other day. I saw the fear in her eyes when she look into mine, knowing she must have felt unsafe and haunted by whatever it was. 

 

* * * * * 

 

“Here,” I came over with a cold drink as the weather was getting hotter as spring marks its final blooms all over campus.

 

”Thank you,” She said, addressing herself as Tae Ri earlier on before I suggested to head to somewhere less stuffy and we end up in the campus’s very own front lawn with beautiful trees and benches lines every stone path towards various bulidings. 

 

I let her take a sip and I took mine quickly before putting my drink aside. 

 

“Is everything okay?” I whispered to the still silence. 

 

“Yes..its just-“ She cut herself off and smacked her lips hard, before taking in some air and glance around. 

 

“Take your time,” I said before asking, “Do you trust me?” 

 

Tae Ri stared at me before nodding after a while. I gave her an encouraging and reassuring smile before I slowly reached for her hand. Tae Ri bit her lip and watch my movements before she flinched slightly at the warmth of my hand. 

 

“Just relax,” I said as I will some power of reassurance and relaxation through our hands. Tae Ri gasp slightly and felt them, smiling small before tearing abit. 

 

“That was really what I needed,” Tae Ri whispered before she reached for her cup.

 

I smiled and let her take another sip. I took a look around at the students walking all over campus and hanging out at the lawn, doing their own things. Tae Ri cleared and began telling me how and what happened as I listening attentively and let her continue without interruption. 

 

* * * * * 

 

“Hey... How’s Kev?” I asked as I walked into the infirmary. 

 

“Sun Min..” 

 

I rushed over and push my brothers and friends away, sitting by the chair nearest to the bed and took his hand. I gasped and smile in relief, holding his hand gently and felt how warm he was. 

 

Kevin looked better than he was all this time. His eyes were bright as always, his smile ever so kind and sincere. I giggle and whispered on his hand as I kissed it. 

 

“You are fine, you are okay...” I giggled and felt the tears b my eyes, closing my eyes and covered my face. 

 

“Sun Min ah,” Jonghyun whispered and enveloped me in a backhug as he stood behind me. I welcomed the hug and sniffled, wiping my tears away. 

 

“Thank you,” Kevin whispered, taking my hand again and I let him, smiling softly. 

 

* * * * * 

 

“Oppas,” I whispered as we made it out of the infirmary to let Kevin rest more. 

 

All of them turned at the sound of my voice and I smile, looking at them one by one and missing those that weren’t around too. I felt Taemin’s hand slipped into mine and I glance at him finally and gave a smile. 

 

“What is it?” Minho asked me, touching my hair gently. 

 

“Remember the mysterious attack on the student a week or so ago?” 

 

“Yes,” Myungsoo replied, “What about her?” 

 

“She talked to me,” I said and I saw the curiousity in their eyes when I looked up. 

 

“Let’s discuss this in our shared common room,” Onew suggested, looking at everyone. 

 

“Oh ,” 

 

“What?” 

 

“I think I left my laundry out in the common room!” Sungyeol shrieked. 

 

“Yah!” Jonghyun tackled him as they led their way to their common room. There was a small chatter of excitement and familiarness as they all walk together. 

 

The boys were chatting about all sorts, arms around shoulders and playfully teasing each other. I watched them fondly, following behind with Taemin by my side. Taemin didn’t ask, watching them all too, before he took my hand gently and laced our fingers. 

 

I breathed in and followed, sharing what I was thinking with him as we walked. This small connection shared between us was precious, us smiling to ourselves as we shared random precious memories. 

 

“Don’t mind it, Sun Min,” Minho whispered, “But it is really bad in there,” 

 

“How bad can it be?” I said, raising an eyebrow as we stopped in front of their house door and one of them unlocked the puzzle at the front. 

 

“Really..bad,” Sunggyu said, just as the door opened and slowly one by one went in. 

 

I followed after them before a familiar boyish smell caught my nose and I pinched my nose as I entered. 

 

The common room was messy with things all over. There was an overwhelming bin in the corner with wrappers and empty cans. Shirts thrown around and shoes hiding under cupboards and tables, with some of them all out on the floor. I went to the nearest window and pry it open before going to open the rest. 

 

“I didn’t know we can actually open the windows..” Jonghyun said, scratching his head. 

 

“Don’t you all need a little reminder to not kill yourself by your own mess?” I complained as I shooed them all away. 

 

The boys moved away slightly as I stood in the centre and gather some of my energy, feeling the energy surging off my palms. I closed my eyes and focused, feeling things being lifted and swooshed around in the room. The boys were speechless, gasping and complimenting. I heard the soft click of the shoe drawer closed and I opened my eyes to see the room was cleaned and done. 

 

“There,” I said, wiping my palms on my skirt gently. 

 

“Can you teach me? Sun Min.. Sun Min ah,” Sungyeol asked along with the few of them as I went to their small pantry to prepare some tea and biscuits, ignoring their petty pleas. 

 

* * * * * 

 

“So you’re saying... that the knife magically appeared on her desk?” 

 

“And when she touched it, it possessed her and cause her to scream and stab her own self?” 

 

Sun Min nodded with a cup of tea in her hand. She hug her legs together as she sat on the floor, surrounded by her family and friends. Everyone was puzzled then. 

 

“So why did she say that something was chasing her?” 

 

“Its possible that.. when the being took over her, she didn’t know she was holding it and do it to herself. She also felt like she was running away from it and couldn’t hide anywhere at all. Whatever it is, its manipulative and dangerous.”  Sun Min concluded, sipping her coffee warm tea. 

 

“That being said,” Minho continued, “How and what could simply be leaving these things with markings of ancient runes around?” 

 

“There must be someone who is behind all these within the Academy..” Sungjong muttered and then all was still and quiet. 

 

“Should we raise this to Mr Lee-“ 

 

“No..” Sun Min replied, “I don’t know if I could trust him either,” 

 

“Let’s keep it to ourselves first,” Taemin said just as a loud explosion rocked the walls of the Academy, sending all of them to stand on their feet. 

 

With surprised faces, they were staring at each other. Sun Min felt it too, the familiar bond that snapped back in her just as they did. She couldn’t breathe as she felt her tears b before whispering their names, 

 

“Key oppa..Woohyun oppa,”