Chapter 17. [Healing]

Deeply Found

I felt sore and achy all over except for the pain on my shoulder. I tried to open my eyes, waking up slowly to the silence of the infirmary. 

 

The stars were shining out in the night sky, the moonlight penetrating through the glass windows. I tried to remember where I was, what had happened until a memory came flashing before my eyes. 

 

Hye Kyu's cold eyes staring at me as I was shot down and going into the portal. 

 

I was upset that the Hye Kyu that had accompanied me during my whole imprisonment was more sincere and open with me. I almost forgot how cold and dark he is until that moment. 

 

I sighed softly and rubbed my head, brushing my hair back. I didn't know how long I have been here even. Time passes in both worlds but for how long? 

 

There were light footsteps at the beginning of the infirmary. I looked up and saw a nurse with a oil lamp making her rounds. When she spotted me, she flitted right over. 

 

"How are you feeling?" She asked me, her smile wide but friendly. 

 

"I'm fine...Can I get a drink please?" I whispered, seeing her head bobbing as she went off to get something for me. 

 

I sighed and pull the blankets over me more, waiting patiently. She came back with a juice and water, passing it to me. I thanked her and let her continue her rounds. 

 

A short moment later, the main door burst open and more footsteps were heard. I look up to see Mr. Lee striding in with my family behind him. 

 

"Sun Min.." Key flitted to my side and cup my cheeks, "Are you okay?" 

 

I gave him a small smile and took his hand,"I'm fine.." 

 

I was soon surrounded by my family and friends, smiling and hugging them one by one. When I saw Taemin was there too, I looked away, rubbing my bandaged wrists as Mr. Lee came forth and asked me questions. 

 

I answered him slowly, trying to remember as much as I could. I didn't look at Mr. Lee, something about him fears me. I felt Key's hand hold mine tightly, the rest staying close around me. 

 

"Okay...I won't ask further..." He finally said after I yawned. 

 

"Thank you, Mr. Lee," Woohyun said and let him take his leave. 

 

I look at all of them sleepily, "What?" 

 

"Nothing..." 

 

"Just glad to have you back.." 

 

"We miss you.." 

 

I smiled small, hugging them all. "I miss you guys too..." 

 

The guys chuckle and I smile small, knowing one of them were staring at me. I lie down, exhaustion rolling in soon. Key had send most of them back, him tucking me in. I let him go and saw Key pat Taemin's shoulder just before he left. 

 

Then it was just Taemin and I. I was pretty exhausted, my eyes were closing slightly. I noticed him standing there and turn away. 

 

"Our bond.." Taemin began and I shook my head. 

 

"Leave me alone..." I whispered, my eyes almost giving in to the sleep. 

 

Taemin sighed and I heard the chair moved slightly. I curled up and kept quiet, not moving to look at him as he sat on the other side. My mind was occupied with Hye Kyu's sudden change when I'm alone with him and when he is faced with my brothers and friends. I looked down, thinking maybe I could possibly change his ways. However, it also brought me to remember what he told me when I ask about his destiny. 

 

That it is our right to change it, prophecy or not. That it is up to us and how we decide our own fate. I sighed softly and closed my eyes as slept finally crept in and settled in. 

 

* * * * * * 

 

After a few days recuperating at the infirmary, I was finally allowed to leave. With the help of my brothers, they help me back to the room. 

 

Taemin was in class then with the rest of them. I manage to stay in the room by myself, trying to rest. I touched the sheets and look at where I used to sleep with him, happy and in love. I picked the sheets quietly, touching the wooden cravings on the 4-post bed. 

 

I manage to lie down, finally settling into a slight nap. I woke up hungry, opening my eyes and felt an arm draping over me. I turned and saw Taemin napping, his uniform was still on but his blouse was tucked out. His socks was still on. 

 

I look at him as his blonde hair was in a mess and his eyes were shut close. I noticed the eyebags under his eyes and sigh softly. I tried to feel something for him but my feelings were numb. Was this the effect from staying away from them and being with Hye Kyu? 

 

I sighed and let him sleep more, watching him. I bit my lip and brush his hair back, caressing his cheek gently. Taemin moved slightly but didn't wake yet. 

 

"S-sun min.." 

 

I blinked and look at him. Seeing he was still asleep, I pat him until he called my name again, this time with slightly alarmed.

 

"S-sun min..!!" 

 

I look at him, getting up slightly. I tried to wake him. 

 

"T-taemin..." 

 

I watched as he broke out in sweat, tossing and turning beside me. I sigh and tried to wake him up. 

 

"Taemin..." 

 

"Ah!" 

 

Taemin lurched forward and gasped, waking. I blink and jumped back, shock. Taemin panted heavily and brush his hands through his hair, looking around franctically. I bit my lip and put my hand on his arm. 

 

"Hey..." I whispered. 

 

He took a deep breath and look at me, his face pale and dripping with sweat. I look at him and bit my lip, tightening my grip around him gently. 

 

Taemin slowly look at me, his eyes wavering over me. I could see the lost and hopeless look in his eyes as he look at me. 

 

"Taemin.." I whispered, "I'm here..." 

 

Something snapped in him and he almost fell back. I caught him and gasped. I look at him just as he gripped me tightly. 

 

"Sun Min..." 

 

"Whats wrong? Taemin....are you okay?" 

 

"Sun Min..." He whispered my name over and over, his hand cupped my cheek. 

 

"I'm here...I'm here..." I whispered, looking at him being like this suddenly made my heart break. I bit my lip and sigh, caressing his cheek and look at him, my vision blurry. 

 

"I'm sorry....I'm sorry..." 

 

"Ssh...Taemin..." I pull him up gently and hugged him, "Ssh..." 

 

"I lost you... I...I lost you..." 

 

I held him tight and sighed, biting my lip without saying a word as gulit ate me up. 

 

 

* * * * * 

 

I only agree to return to the dining hall after a few days I have been cooped up in the room. Taemin brought food to me now and then, letting me eat. He collect my homework and explain to me the things that we taught. Things between us were still rocky and awkward and that night when we hug was the last connection we had. 

 

Honestly, I miss him as well. I just don't know how to put it into something I could show or tell him yet. I snapped the bond between us and it hurt him the worse. 

 

Taemin waited for me to change out of the clothes which I only wore for bed the past few days. I finally opted for a skirt and a sweater to wear for dinner. I came out and slid on my boots. 

 

"I'm done..." I whispered, coming out and sat beside him on the bed to tie my laces up. 

 

He looked up and brush his hand through my hair. I blinked and looked at him, feeling shy suddenly. He looked at me and stared at me for a bit before he knelt in front of me. 

 

"I'll tie those up for you.." 

 

"Okay..." I watched him tie my shoes. 

 

Taemin did it quietly, brushing his hair back and grab his phone. I got up slowly and waited for him. Taemin opened the door and I went ahead with him. Taemin locked our door and met me at the end of the hallway. 

 

"Let's go.." He whispered, reaching for my hand. 

 

I let him hold mine, looking at our fingers. He looked at me and bit his lip, whispering. 

 

"I won't let you go..not this time round," 

 

 

* * * * * *

 

We walked up to the grand doors of the dining hall. I hold his hand tightly, biting my lip. Taemin felt my hesitation and look at me. I looked at him and then look at my boots. 

 

"I'm with you...don't worry,"

 

"G-give me a few more seconds.." I whispered, looking at him. 

 

Taemin look at me and nods, wrapping his arms around me. I sighed softly and inhale his scent. I tried to find the inner strength to heal me before I finally face the whole school. 

 

I decided its now or never. I pull away from him and look at him. 

 

"Let's go..." 

 

Taemin nodded and hold my hand. He reached out and open the door to the dining hall. He looked at me once more and I gave him another firm nod. He push open the door, pulling me gently along. 

 

Heads turned and whispers were heard. I walked with Taemin, chin high up as I head over to the table where my family was. The teachers' table were also in hush whispers, only Mr. Lee ate quietly without looking up. Taemin had his arm around my waist as he walked me in, ignoring the rest as well. 

 

"Sun min ah~" 

 

Key looked up and smile softly, shooing Sungyeol and Sungjong opposite him to move aside for the two of us. I hugged Sungyeol and Sungjong, sliding into the bench with Taemin followed behind. I smiled and look at the food left. 

 

"It's okay...we manage to save more for you." Kevin said, smiling and pass me more plates. 

 

I smiled and thanked him, letting Taemin take the plate. He smiled and chatted with the rest, our family back together again. My heart felt at ease at the familiar chatter and laughs at the dinner table. Dinner at Hye Kyu's was...

 

"Whats wrong?"

 

I looked up at Taemin's eyes. I shook my head and smile.

 

"Nothing.." I whispered, patting his arm.

 

"Eat up..." Taemin whispered, kissing my forehead. 

 

I nodded and ate up, smiling softly. The whole dinner table was in a quick chatter and smiles. I listened in, hearing Taemin smiling and chuckling too. 

 

"Wah...Taemin-ah...It's been so long since he chat and laugh..." Sungjong said, smacking his buddy's back. 

 

Taemin smiled and blushed. I blushed and smile. 

 

"Sun Min is back..." Sunggyu said, smiling at me. 

 

I smiled and nod once, eating up. Taemin smile softly and ate up, glancing at me just as I glance at him back. I felt guilty slightly and looked at my food, eating quietly. 

 

 

* * * * * *

 

The hallway was empty. 

 

Footsteps were heard from the corner, running. 

 

A face appeared, a young girl running for her life. Her hair long and beautiful, her eyes in fright and tears. She gasped and ran, her head in a frantic mess. 

 

Through the corridor of the school hallways, she ran till she reach a dead end. 

 

She grabbed the handles of the door and tried to open with all her might. She was trapped, her mind screams in fear. Then she heard the soles of her predator, coming from the other end of the hallway. 

 

The moonlight shone on the knife, showing delicate craves into the blade. Ancient runes. It lit up as he walked closer to her. 

 

"Don't! I did nothing!" 

 

The girl tried to divert the attention of her predator, her tears flowing endlessly in fright. Her heart beat hard in fear, her mind blank.

 

With a flick of a wrist, the knife shot out of his hand. 

 

Then the girl screamed into the night.