Part three

Nice guys never win (Thunder and Mir Fanfic)

I sat by the window with my iced coffee waiting for Jeon,as I spotted her across the street. She wore a pink tank top with white jeans. Her tank top fitted her just right and her jeans were low enough to reveal a little bit of her tone stomach.

“Congratulations.” I felt a hand rest on my shoulder. “That’s the first time I saw you check out a girl.” Mir sat down across from me taking a sip of the ice coffee I ordered for Jeon.

“Can you just leave me and Jeon alone?”I said glaring at Mir.

“I can’t.” He said putting on his sunglasses.

“Please take those off, you look ridiculous.”

“It’s a part of my concept.” He said flashing me a smile.

I sighed and massaged my temples. “Please, Mir. Go away, I think I might have a chance with her, and I don’t want you messing it up.”

“You’re joking.” Mir said tilting his glasses enough to look at me. “That is why I am here. I’m the dating master, the suave man. If anything, you should be thanking me for being here.”

I rolled my eyes at him and watched as Jeon came out of the bakery across of the street. “Please, hurry. Go away.”

“Fine, I’ll go sit over there, but if I see you drowing, I’m jumping in to save you.” Mir said taking the cup of iced coffee with him to another table along the wall. He winked at me before picking up a newspaper.

I straighten my shirt out and clear my throat waiting for Jeon to come over.

“Oppa!” She said.

“Jeon.” I replied getting up to hug her.

“I bought your favorite kind of cake.” She placed the plastic bag she got from the bakery onto the table.

“You remembered?”

“Of course, I will always remember!” She said setting a strawberry cream cheese cake in front of me. 

"Sorry, I can't go see that movie with you on Friday. I have to um.. work at that medical center down the street.” I said silently praying that there was a medical center down the street.

“Really? Last week I tried to call you but I couldn’t reach your number, it said you were out of the country.” She said arching her eyebrows. Crap, I was in America last week for a MBLAQ music video premiere. I nervously picked at my nails thinking of an answer. “Must have been something wrong with my phone then."

“Oppa, you should have been there at the MBLAQ concert. They are so cool. In real life they are so handsome.” Jeon said suddenly.

"What?! Who?" I said flinching.

"MBLAQ. I went to see them last month. I got tickets to see them next month! You should come along with me!" She said smiling brightly.

I felt like I was about to throw up. I looked over at Mir who just shook his head silently as he continued to read his upside down newspaper.

Jeon continued to rant on about MBLAQ as I sat in silence trying not to blow my cover. “His skin was really flawless and his voice was so manly. He was so quiet though, but mysterious.”

“Manly? who?” I said paying attention. I swear if she says Seungho or Joon.. 

“Thunder oppa! The way he danced was so smooth.” I blushed as I thought about her calling me handsome.

“About last time..” She started to say but then stopped.

“Hm?” I said encouraging her.

“Thanks for saving my friend. It was very manly.” She said I was manly for the first time, and I couldn’t even hide my smile.

 I just saved Tessa because no one else would step up to do so. “It was nothing.” I said and took a sip of my coffee to hide my smile.

“Are you busy later?” She asked

“Uh.. no.” I said trying to meet her eyes,but Mir kept catching my eyes. He was shaking his head rapidly mouthing the word no.

“Actually, I forgot I’m working at the medical center later.”

“Ah, of course. Busy life of a soon to be doctor.” She said visibly disappointed.

“Maybe next time?”

“Yeah.” She said taking a bite of her cake. My phone buzzed on my lap. I looked down at it and read the text.

“I’m leaving first to go to the hair salon. Remember , we have filming to do in an hour.”   I nod over at Mir, he nods back and gets up to leave.

“So when will next time be?” She said suddenly.

“Um.. I don’t know yet.”

“Oh.”

“No, no. It’s not that I don’t  want to see you, I’m just very busy.”

“I understand, oppa.” She said 

My phone buzzes again in my lap. 

“Change of plans, we need to leave now.” Mir texted.

“Why?” I texted back.

“Manager said.” Mir texted.

I sighed at the text and looked back up at her. “Jeon-ah, I have to go. I’ll see you again later.” I said picking up my cake and heading for the door.

"Already? I just got here!" She said with frustration.

“I know, but it is an emergency! Thanks for the cake.” I said to her. She smiled and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

“Oppa.” She said.

“Hm?” I said turning around. There was only about one inch between our faces, I’ve never been this close to a girl. “Jeon-ah.” I said softly.

“Oppa. Thanks.” She purred.

“I- uh.” I mumbled. She closed the distance between our bodies and wrapped her arms around my neck. Surprised at her actions I couldn’t even enjoy my first kiss with her. I just stood there like I was frozen in a block of ice.

“Oppa.” She giggle, taping my elbow lightly.

“Um.”

“I’ll see you?” She said shyly

“Yeah.” I said walking out the door quickly and frantically trying to find the van. I walked across the street and opened the van door , sitting down silently next to Mir.

“She kissed you?”

“Yeah.”

“Good boy.” Mir said my head.