Part sixteen

Nice guys never win (Thunder and Mir Fanfic)

image

 

"Mom?" I said squinting at the light that blinded me. My suit jacket , button up shirt, and tie was neatly folded in a pile beside me. 

"I don't even know why I brought him home." A familiar voice said from a nearby room. 

"You're so dumb, you should have forgotten about him long ago." Another voice chimed in. 

"I can't." She said softly. 

"Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you. It is a big mistake." The other woman said. Soon after she said that the door was slammed and there were light footsteps being taken on the wooden floor. 

"You're awake." The familiar girl said smiling at me when she saw that I had awaken.  

I messaged my head as she sat by my side and gave me a cup of tea. "How did I get here? You know Jeon? Where did she go?" 

She looked  at me as if  she pitied me, as if I was a lost dog looking for its owner.

"She left." The girl said simply looking at me briefly then getting up. "You should wash up, I'll take you out to breakfast." She said closing the door behind her. I stood up slowly to avoid getting dizzy. My hands automatically reach toward the desk to steady myself, I lean over the desk to close the blinds, accidentally knocking over a picture.  

"Sorry." I said to the picture frame as I set it back in place. It was the girl I just saw with unmistakably young Jeon. and nerdy me. I squinted at the photo trying to remember the girl in the photo. I mumbled names as I walked into the bathroom and washed my face and walked out to the kitchen. 

"Feeling better?" The girl said from behind the kitchen counter.

"Much better." I said standing awkwardly in the middle of room. She smiled over at me and cleaned up the utensils on the tables and then grabbed the keys on the dinning table.

"You don't have to take me out, you can just take me home." I said as I got in the passenger side of the car.

"I don't take no for an answer." She said, her eyes still on the road. My stomach groaned softly causing my cheeks to burn with embarrassment. 

-----------------------------------------------------

She ordered her food and then stared out of the window sipping on her orange juice from a straw. 

"Did Jeon take me to your house yesterday?" I asked her suddenly. She stopped and smiled at me then continued blowing bubbles in her orange juice. 

"You could say that,Cheondoong oppa."  I stared at her trying to remember her but I couldn't find any memory of her.

"If you don't mind me asking, how do you know me?" 

She said frowned and cutely tucked her brown hair behind her ear. "You have a horrible memory." She said hiding her pout. As I watched her hand reach up to her ear I remembered who she was.

"Tessa." I said smiling over at her. "The pretty girl that helped me die my hair." I slapped the side of my head, "Ah, and the girl I helped in front of the super market." 

image

"Not pretty enough for you to remember." She said clearly disappointed. She can't hide her emotions well, I noted. "The eggs are his." She said pointing over at me.

When the waiter left I said to Tessa when I noticed she was still  a little upset ,"Sorry.." I paused. " I didn't remember you." I said sadly.

"It's okay." She said looking at me and motioning for me to eat.  I stuffed the eggs and rice into my mouth. "I'm going to the bathroom to wash before I eat, I'll be back." She said heading toward the bathroom. I nodded as I watched her get up from her seat.

She had a plain face, very neat and simple features. That's why probably most people don't notice her, doesn't help that she is super quiet too. Compared to Jeon who also had strong eyes, big lips, and feminine body. She was different from the typical Korean girl, she had that little mixture of western beauty in her that made men swoon 

"Cheondoong oppa, let's go somewhere else to eat." Tessa said when she came back from the bathroom.

"Why? We didn't even get to eat yet." I said dropping my fork. 

"It's okay, I already paid for the meal. The food here , come on." She said dragging me by the hand. 

"We didn't even eat anything but eggs? How do you know?" I said looking over at other people's plates and watching them eat, they looked like they enjoyed it. "Looks like the restaurant is packed to me. How about we just wait for the main course to come out and -" I said speechless at the scene playing out in front of me. 

"Oppa." Tessa said trying to stop me, but I couldn't control my anger as I watched Mir feeding another girl with his fork. Without another word I walked toward him and slam his head onto the table full force. 

"I let you have Jeon and this is how you treat her? You're out flirting with other girls when she is clueless about all you've done." He looked up at me rubbing circles at the place of impact. He smirked at me and just stood up and looked at someone behind me. "Not going to defend yourself?" I shouted at him. He stood still, smirking at me and nodding at me to look in the same direction he was looking. 

Jeon stood two feet away from us and looked at me as if I just slammed her head into the table instead of his. She rushed to Mir's side and wiped the open wounds with a napkin she got from the table. She wrapped her fingers around Mir's hand, that was enough to get my blood boiling. She walked passed me without even a glance and stopped in front of Tessa to say, "Big mistake." before leaving with Mir and the other girl. 

"Am I missing out on something? He was with another girl!He is the bad guy." I shouted as I walked out the restaurant.

"I'll take you home." Tessa said walking behind me silently.

"You saw that right? He was with another girl." I said to Tessa.

"I think their relationship is more complex than just a one boy and one girl thing." She said quietly.

"I can't believe this. That's not the kind of giel Jeon is. She woulnd't let Mir date other girls." I looked over at Tessa who just stared at me blankly. "Would she?" 

"I'll take you." Tessa said again. 

"No, I'll go myself."