Part nineteen

Nice guys never win (Thunder and Mir Fanfic)

(Mir's view)

 

 

Don't tell me you're actually developing feelings for me, Mir." Jeon teased as she tossed her long auburn hair over her shoulder revealing her bra strap.

image

"Get over yourself, Princess." I said rolling my eyes and smiling at the waitress that passed by. 

"So you won't mind if I go and attend a little party over at my friends house.. maybe sleep over?" She said sipping on her iced water with a bendy straw. She never drank anything but water, she hates being bloated. I would know because she es about how fat she looks every time she starts to feel bloated.

"I would mind, not because I have feelings for you, but because you promised to celebrate our three month anniversary with me." I said placing a fifty dollar bill on the waitresses' tray.

"Do you need change?" She asked with her eyes all doe like as she stared at the fifty dollar bill on her tray. I shook my head and gave her a half smile before giving Jeon my full attention.

She didn't look up from her phone while I was flirting with the waitress, she clearly didn't care enough."We do that anniversary thing? I thought that was what people who were committed do." She said smirking at me as she put her phone back into her mini black leather clutch.

"For one day, we can pretend that we are committed, can't we?" I said turning on my charm. 

"I guess." She said patting her lips with a napkin. "I'll be back." She said getting up to head toward the bathroom. I scan the crowd to see if Cheondoong was there, if he was I would have to run, that guy packs a hard punch and after our little showdown before the interview, the environment around us has grown more hostile.

"Yah! That's my girlfriend! Stop looking at her !" I shouted at the guy adjacent from my table.

"She gave me her number." He said waving a napkin in the air.

"Right." I said getting up and snatching it out of his hand and knocking on the girls bathroom door. "Come out, Jeon." I said knocking rapidly. She appeared at the door and smiled sweetly.

"You didn't say when we would start this whole faithful business." She purred as she batted her naturally long lashes at me.

"We are starting right now." I said gritting my teeth and dragging her out of the restaurant. "Change out of this skimpy dress and into something more suitable."

"Oh my god, really? I didn't realize I was dating my dad."

"It's what faithful people do." I said unlocking the car.

"I'm really hating this game, Mir." She said seat belting.  

"Deal with it , babe." I winked at her before stepping on the gas pedal. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ugh, there is nothing classy about this place." She said trudging on the grass with her five inch heels.

"I told you to change." I said bending down and letting her get on my back. She wrapped her arms around my neck and sighed.

"What are we doing  here anyway." I could tell that she was making a face that said "I hate nature, let me go home." 

I continued walking down the beaten path until a mini playground with plastic slides and two swings appeared in front of us. I walked toward the swings and set her on one gently. 

"We go to clubs all the time, we party, and have all the time. I just want to do something else." I said walking around the swing and hugging her from behind. Her long plastic nails made a dull sound against the metal chains as she released the chains and wrapped her hands around my arms. 

image

"You're sure good at this lovey dovey acting stuff." She said getting up from the swing. I watched her long and slender legs, one crossing over the other. I didn't love her legs because they made every thing she wore y, but because at night when we actually fell asleep in each others arms, I would always find her legs wrapped around me in the morning.That to me was the definition of what true happiness was.

"Jeon, I don't want to play anymore." I said sitting myself down on the swing. I felt ashamed as those words left my mouth, as if I just told her a shameful secret. I've never stuck to a girl longer than two weeks, and I've been with her for three months. This was a shameful secret for me.

 

I no longer got an adrenaline rush from sneaking out of unknown women's rooms. I want to wake up in my own bed with the woman I called my own.I want to wake up in the morning and find her cute sleepy face cuddled into my chest. I stopped fooling around with the other girls a month ago, but I kept flirting with every girl I saw in front of her to get a reaction from her. But all she would say was, "Nice, she is cute. Want me to put in a good word for you?" 

"I don't want either. Let's just stop playing." She replied.