Part nine

Nice guys never win (Thunder and Mir Fanfic)

image

 

"Oppa?" Jeon said when her eyes landed on me. "Your hair." She said to me as I came closer. I waved back, but then quickly replaced the smile on my face with a scowl. 

"Jeon, you shouldn't have let Mir take you home." I said holding onto her arm.

"What?" She said pushing my arm off. "I didn't even get mad at you for all that you've done and you're gonna get mad at me for letting Mir take me home? I waited for an hour for you. You said that you would be there! I'm beginning to think that you don't keep your promises." 

"I was trying to surprise you, but it took longer than I thought." I said quietly.

"You dyed your hair pink for me? I don't think that is very suitable for a doctor." She said staring at my hair. I sighed trying to think of a better reason than, "because I'm actually an idol and I didn't want you to know who I am." 

"Look, I'm sorry. I just don't trust you alone with Mir." I said slightly touching her fingers. She stared at me with wide open. 

"You don't trust me with Mir? What is that suppose to mean?" She looked at me wildly as the space between us grows further apart. 

"I didn't mean it like that, Jeon. I mean't that Mir is a bad guy." I said moving closer to her.

"Right." She said building a wall around her.

"Jeon, I'm really sorry. I just got jealous when I came back to the dance studio and heard that Mir took you home. Mir isn't really known for being a gentlemen." 

"I can control myself." She said coldly. 

"Please, don't be mad. I just wanted to surprise you, but it turned out wrong." I said pouting and shaking her arm. She glared at me, until the corners of her eyes showed signs of forgiveness. 

"Don't make me wait again." She said hooking her fingers into mine. I smiled down at our hands. 

"I promise." I let go of her hand and wrap an arm around her.

"What's in the bag?" She asked poking the plastic bag I held in my hand.

"It's your birthday cake." I said smiling at her. She took my hand in hers and lead me towards her house.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Inside, we're already here, might as well come in." she said as she reached into her purse and pulled out a key. I looked around at her small apartment that gave off a warm feeling. 

"Have a seat." She said as she walked into another room leaving me in what I assumed to be the living room. "Tea?" She said from the kitchen.

"Yeah." I said as I looked at the photos on the wall. Pictures of high school graduation, her family, and her group of friends. I looked closer at the photos of her friends and sure enough I was the dorky guy next to her. I had my glasses on and my hair was a wild mess, my smile was crooked. The only thing that didn't change about me was the person who had their arm hooked around my neck. I was always the outcast but she always invited to the events and talked to me. 

"Do you remember that night?" She said from behind me. 

"Yeah." I said embarrassed as I took the cup from her hands and followed her over to the couch. 

------------------------------

The night was cold and she was sitting next to me wrapped up in her big knitted scarf. We silently watched the fire crackle as I nervously fidgeted with the thread hanging from my sleeve. 

"So, how are things with you and this "mysterious girl" you keep asking me advice for." She said nudging me with her shoulder. I smiled at her and watched the fire's shadow contour her soft features. 

"She hasn't expressed her feelings back yet, but she broke up with her boyfriend." 

"Good for you, oppa! Now you just gotta man up and fight for her." 

"Yeah." I said staring at the fire again. "Jeon." I said turning toward her to say the words I've been keeping in but when she looked at me with those eyes I couldn't help but sit silently and admire them. 

"Jeon, we need to talk." Her ex-boyfriend, George said pulling her up from her seat. She tried to wiggle out of his grip and yelled at him to let her go. I stared at her helplessly and decided to fight for her love in another way. 

"Leave her alone." I roared at him.

"Haha little punk thinks he can talk to me like that. Stay there." He said jeering at me and pushing Jeon into the nearest seat. She looked at me pleading me to run away.

"Wanna say that again, punk?"

"Beat me up, but I will not let you treat Jeon like that anymore."

"Ha. Fine, we will play your way." He said grabbing my shirt and slamming his fist hard into my jaw. The blood in my mouth was mixing with the grass that was now surrounding my face. 

"Stop! Stop it, George." I heard Jeon say as she helped me up. "You're nothing but big muscle pabo who abuses his power. At least he fights for the right thing. Come on Cheondoong." She said hooking my arm around her neck and helping me stand up. 

"Why did you do that? You could have gotten seriously hurt, oppa." She said sitting me down on a bench and dabbling my bloody mouth with her white sleeve. 

"Because you told me to man up and fight." I said with a goofy grin on my face.

"Yeah, for her." She trailed off when she realized that she was the one all along. "Oppa."

"I don't care what you say, I just wanted you to know that there are other guys out there who will treat you better than he does." 

"I know." She said chuckling under her breath as she looked down at her lap and reached over to touch my hand. I smiled at her as I began to wrap my fingers around hers.  My smile faded when she suddenly said ,"Please don't wait for me. I'm going to study in America."

---------------------------------------

"What if I never dated George and you were my first boyfriend. Wouldn't things have been perfect?" She said leaning against my shoulder and wrapping her delicate arms around my waist. 

"Yeah.. things would have been much different." I said resting my head on hers. I closed my eyes and smiled to myself, I finally landed the girl of my dreams. 

"Could you stay with me tonight?" She said. My eyes popped open as I looked down at her. 

"Please?" She said hugging my tighter. I smiled and said warmly, "Of course."