Part twelve

Nice guys never win (Thunder and Mir Fanfic)

Listen to this in a new tab please (:

http://youtubeonrepeat.com/watch/?v=INkAjm4N-ME

I climbed into my car and set my bag in the passenger seat. A blinking light came from my phone, I picked it up from the cup holder and pressed the power button. The screen's strong glow stung my eyes as I stared at Jeon's flawless face smiling cutely back at me. I sighed again, unlocking my phone, I had to change my lock screen sometime. I know I had to let go of her ,but somewhere in my heart I still felt I could win her back. It has been two weeks since we broke up ,but the pain still feels fresh. 

I flicked the notification bar showing me I had missed an event on my calendar, "Five months anniversary" and Mir's call. I clicked the phone off and placed the phone back into the cup holder and the radio blasting the music loudly as I the car engine and start driving.

I thought about the couple ring I bought for her that still sat on my desk at home. I couldn't bring myself to return the ring, I still believed that she would come back. I couldn't help but think that she couldn't throw away  years of friendship like that, she couldn't just forget about everything we had. I looked into the rear view mirror at my frumpled blonde hair. I got buff, I got rid of my acne, I learned to socialize with people, but somehow I still looked like that geek Jeon left at the park four years ago. 

"Hello listener, got a problem? Call onto our show and we will help you. Our lines are open from 10-12pm every night, call *** " 

"Should I?" I asked myself. 

"Yes, hurry and call *** " The radio answered. I nodded, parked my car in a random shopping center, and dialed the number. 

"Hello listener, what's your problem?" The man asked after a few rings. 

"Hi, uh. Well,  just recently my girlfriend left me and she was my first love." 

"You wanna know how to get over her?" 

"Well not her, I just wanna stop feeling horrible every day.. maybe win her back?" 

"Not to sound cheesy listener, but if she was mean't to be with you she will be yours in the end." 

"So you're saying .. I should wait until I'm old and she will come back for me?" I said into the phone. I heard the man chuckle before replying. I frowned, I was not in the mood for jokes.

"You seem like a naive kid. Don't get offended but most girls get turned off by an un-experienced guy. Maybe what you need is to change your look, change the way you act, and gain some more experience before you go back to her. Or you can learn to just let her go, time heals everything." 

"I see." I said disappointed I was hoping for a more helpful answer, I get that answer from Mir all the time. 

"I think you're a nice guy." A girl said from the phone. I flinched and stared at the phone. Jeon? "But like as always, the nice guy never wins.Like, I think you should like be the bad guy, but without the like bad guy attitude of course."  It wasn't Jeon, the girl said "like" way too much to be her. 

"Thanks." I said hanging up the phone and rested my head against the chair. So this is how it is going to be like forever. Every day for the rest of my life I will not get over Jeon?I will never be able to get rid of her laugh that always plays on repeat in my mind? "Can you stop thinking about Jeon please?" I said slapping my head. I sighed and started up my car and looked at the shop in front of me. "Runway" the neon lights glowed and flickered, almost as if it was a sign sent from the gods. "YES! THANK YOU! THIS IS THE ANSWER!"