Part seven

Nice guys never win (Thunder and Mir Fanfic)

tumblr_inline_mtlif7kbYc1qfdx1m.gif

 

"MBLAQQQ! AHH!" The crowd cheered from outside of the studio. We finally wrapped up our Japanese tour and returned to Korea for our comeback stage. 

"You're so dumb." Mir said as he watched me run through the dance steps again. 

"Am I doing it wrong?" I said looking at him through the mirror. Mir looked around and made sure the other members were gone before he started talking. 

"Yes, your leg movements need to be more sharp. And! You are really dumb for not calling her yet. Seriously, do you need your brain checked? What kind of boyfriend doesn't call for a month? Not even text. I'm surprised she didn't bomb your house already." He tapped his feet along to the music as our dance moves synced together.

"She isn't like other girls, Mir. She will understand."

"The food is here!" GO shouted from the dinning area. Mir and I raced over to the other room as our mouths started drooling over the smell of fresh pizza. 

"Ah. No. Wait until Joon gets here." GO said slapping Mir's hand. Mir pouted and went over to where all our backpacks were.  I noticed him trying to be stealthy and peeking into my bag. 

I walked up behind him slapped his back. "I'll call her, but only to prove she isn't what you think she is." I said taking the phone out of Mir's hand. He leaned against the wall and stared at me ,amused. 

I placed the phone on my ear and gave him a smirk. 

"Hello?"

"Jeon, how are you." I said casually. Of course I was scared out of my mind, I hadn't called her in a month, I didn't even wish her happy birthday. 

"Oppa. Have you been busy?" She said through the phone. I took a deep breath.

"Yes, I'm sorry I couldn't call you. I was in another country." 

"I know."  She said making the the silence between us more awkward. "Did you at least take care of yourself well?"

"Yes." I said biting my lower lip. I felt so horrible that she was still being so sweet to me after disappearing for a month. I couldn't do this, I had to apologize.

"Jeon, I'm really sorry! I'm sorry I didn't tell you before I left, I'm sorry I missed your birthday, and I'm sorry for not calling you when I got back. I was just so afraid that you would break up with me for not calling, so I've been putting it off. I'm so sorry, please forgive me." 

She sighed and I knew what was coming. She was frusterated and now she was going to at me or break up with me. 

"I won't lie. It was pretty disappointing when you didn't even call me while you were away for my birthday. I'm more angry that you didn't call me when you got back. Do you know how worried I was? I thought you died or that you were ignoring me." Her voice quivered and I heard a little whimper from her end of the phone.

"I'm really sorry. I promise I will never do that again. I swear." I said into the phone. I desperately did not want her to cry. We only dated for two months and if I've already made her cry I would feel so bad.

"Okay." She said simply. Which scared me, what was running through her mind? "Where are you right now?" She asked. Oh no, plase don't come her to hit me.

"I'm at the dance studio." I said letting it slip out. I stared wide eyed at the phone thinking of a way to fix my mistake. I looked at Mir for help. He continued to swallow his pizza whole. 

"You dance?" She asked.

"Uh, no! I'm just... uh was visiting a friend." I said while looking at Mir as he pointed to himself.

"Oh, I made you some desserts, could I bring them over?" 

"Yeah, I'd like to see you. It's been a while." I said smiling at the thought of seeing her again.

"Text me the address. I'll go get ready." 

"Yeah, I'll see you." I said hanging up the phone and heading over to the boxes of pizza.

"So?" Mir said passing me a plate. 

"Everything is good. Told you, she wouldn't overreacted." I said as I sat down next to him and texted her the address. 

"Okay, that's good for you. You didn't catch a crazy fish. But you did beg her and sound like a whiny baby so.. sounds like you're the crazy fish." He laughed at his own analogy as he sat down by the wall to eat his five slices of pizzas stacked high on his plate. 

"She is so sweet, she made desserts." I said sweetly.

"Alright, no need to brag." Mir said picking the bacon off of my pizza. "Save some of the desserts for me." He said with his mouth full.

"I don't need to,she is coming here later." I said folding my pizza and folding it into my mouth.I looked over at Mir as he made choking sounds. I stared at him amused. "You alright,buddy?" I patted his back.

"You what?" He screamed spitting chunks of un-chewed pizza at me causing everyone to look at our direction. I calmly place another slice of pizza into his hand and repeated myself.

"She is coming here."

"That is it! I'm taking you to the doctor. You really are dumb." He slammed his pizza down onto the floor. 

"What?" I said trying to pull his arms off of me.

"Dude! Are you forgetting something? Something really important?" He said shaking me. I looked back at him and thought about it for a long time before he sighed really loudly and shook me again and turned me toward the big mirror. "Look, look at yourself."

I looked at myself, just plain old me with my old wife beater on and my newly dyed black hair. 

 

tumblr_inline_mtlivboAB91qfdx1m.gif

 

 "Aw, you're trying to tell me I look handsome in my new hair color?" I said hugging him from behind. I looked at his annoyed expression, he was annoyed but decided to give up. 

"No, my dear Thunder. That is not the point." He said holding my face between his hands and squishing my cheeks. "You're Thunder right now, and you're girlfriend is in love with Cheondoong*" He stared at me until I realized the trouble I've just caused.

"What do I do?" 

"Only thing you can do. Pretend you're Thunder."