Part eleven

Nice guys never win (Thunder and Mir Fanfic)
 

(Mir's view)

"So how about I buy you a drink?" I said leaning in close lightly touching her chin.

"Why would I want to do that?" She said returning my smile with an equally y smile.

"Don't you wanna get to know me?" I said my lips as I watched her look at my tongue. I leaned in closer so that our lips could almost brush. She pushed me off slightly and brushed her bangs away from her face. She was flustered, I could tell I had her attention now. 

"Stay here, cutie. I'll get us some drinks." I said touching the hem of her deliciously tight white dress. I walked toward the bar that glowed blue in contrast with the flashing white lights in the club. "Two lemon shots, please, Ms beautiful bartender."  The bartender winked before she turned around and began working on the drinks. While I waited I turned around from the bar to scan the crowd for more vulnerable girls. I swayed along to the beat tapping my feet and smiling at the girls who tried to get my attention. 

She walked in from the stairs above. She slowly descended with two of her friends. Her hair was pin straight and her dress was tight from top to bottom, leaving no room for imagination. 

"Hey, drinks are ready." The bartender said from behind me. I placed a ten onto the counter and without a glance at the bartender I took the drinks and blindly followed the girl. 

image

"Drink?" I asked the girl who had caught my attention, turning my charm on. 

"No." She said simply as she continued weaving through the crowd. Her friends giggling as they trailed behind her. I stared after her, speechless, never has a girl not even take one look at me AND deny me. 

"She is having trouble in paradise with her boyfriend, ignore her. How about I drink it instead?" Her friend said draping herself around my arm. I glanced at her, but my eyes followed the girl. 

"Here." I said handing the drinks over to her friend and chasing after her. I maneuvered my way through the crowd until I was standing beside her. "Can I at least talk to you?" I said sweetly, she glared at me.

"Go with him, come on! It's just talking." Her other friends said pushing her toward me. She shook her head trying to nudge me away until she realized she had no choice and allowed me to pull her away from her friends.

"Let's go to the cafe across from here." I said leaning in close to her as the music blared loudly around us. She didn't answer, but she didn't protest either. I played the nice gentleman card and opened the door for her.

"What do you want?" I said as we stood in line. She crossed her arms without replying. I smirked at her and without looking at her I said, "I'm gonna go with a iced mocha? Didn't hear a no, so I guess that's what you want." I ordered the drink and paid for it, she still stood beside me silently.

"So, why were you at the club tonight?"

"Do you really care or are you just trying to take advantage of me?" She said standing with one hand on her hip. I chuckled and watched the guy behind the counter make our drinks.

"To be honest, I was trying to find an excuse to get out of the club, my friends kept pressuring me to find someone to take home. I didn't want to. I was going to just let you go back in after I got through the door, but after I saw how cute you really are, I couldn't let this chance go." I grabbed our drinks and walked over to a table and set it down. 

She took the seat next to the window. I smiled and took the seat across from her. She was letting her guard down after the comment I just made. One false move and I could end up right back at the starting line. 

"Yeah, I like this seat. It's nice to watch the cars pass by." I said smiling softly and looking over at her. She smiled a toothless grin, making her dimples visible. She looked back at me about to say something but her eyes showed that she was tense and confused. "What?" I said looking around.

"You're.. Mir?" 

"Shh. Don't let anyone know, unless you want to be mobbed by fan girls." I said chuckling. Of course my charms were a reason why girls loved me, but it also helped that I was an idol. 

"Mir,MBLAQ,Mir?" 

"Yes, I know. It's hard to contemplate that I'm here sitting in front of you." I said taking off my sunglasses and wiping the lenses with the bottom of my cashmere wool sweater. 

"Then do you know where Cheondoong oppa is?" She said suddenly causing me to almost drop my sunglasses. 

"Wait, what? Who?" I said trying to regain my compulsure.

"You don't remember me? I'm Cheondoong's girlfriend. Cheondoong the doctor? Remember when he was taking too long to get back to the dance studio and you offered to take me home?" 

"Jeon?!" I said staring at her wide eyed. She looked nothing like herself. Her eyes were much more fierce with her cat liner and she always dressed so.. conservative. 

"Can you call him for me? He hasn't been answering me, I'm worried." 

"He is a big guy, he can handle himself." I said thinking of a way to escape. Should I just get up and run? My car is right down the street. She can't be that fast of a runner. 

"I know, it's just..."

"Just what?" 

"My friends have been telling me to keep an eye on him. He has always been so sneaky about his whereabouts." 

"You think innocent lamb, Cheondoong is cheating on you?" I couldn't help but laugh loudly at the idea. I wanted to tell her that the one she had to worry about breaking her heart is me not Cheondoong, not even in a million years. 

"Could you please just call him. I just want to reassure myself that everything is okay." She said smiling widely at me for once. Her smile was enough to make my heart beat faster. My hand reached up to my beating heart as I looked at her. How can this be? My cold heart has finally learned to beat again? Ew, what am I? Shakespeare? I shook my head trying to get rid of the thoughts, but I looked at her smile again and all I could do was reach for my phone and dial Cheondoong. As the phone ringed, I watched her twiddled her fingers. 

"Miss me already?" Cheondoong said through the phone. She popped up from her seat and leaned in closer. 

"Don't get your hopes up, buddy." I said looking at Jeon. She motioned for me to turn on the speaker phone so she could hear. 

"Then why did you call?" He said chuckling. " Am I on speaker phone?" He asked. I nervously looked over at Jeon who shook her head and mouthed the word no.

"No, must be something wrong with my phone." She whispered to me, "Ask him where he is."  I stared at her then at the phone and prayed that Cheondoong could read my mind and not reveal anything. 

"Where are you?" 

"Didn't I tell you last week? I'm in Germany to fil-" 

"Oh yeah!" I said cutting him off and laughing loudly to cover up the lie. She glared at me as I said, "Silly me." She continued glaring at me as she sat on the edge of her seat. I shrugged my shoulders playing innocent. 

"Oppaaa! take off your shirt." A girl's voice said through the phone. I quickly put it on mute and hid it from Jeon.

"Give me the phone." She said wrestling me for it. She pinched me causing me to release it. She turned off the mute button and stared at the phone taking a deep breath before saying,  "So this is what you've been doing.I should have known, you're exactly like George. At least he didn't hide behind some nice guy image. Save it." She said hanging up the phone and placing it in her lap. She looked defeated as she sat there just staring into her lap. 

"I'm so sorry." I said getting up to sit by her side.

"I don't ever want to see that jerk again." She said crying into my shirt. I picked her up from her chair and walked her out of the cafe.

"I'll take you home." I said helping her into the car. She sat there silently as I seat belted her in. 

"I don't want to go home. He will look for me there first." 

"It takes eleven hours to get from Germany to Korea. You have eleven hours to collect your thoughts and make a decision." 

"How do you know he's in Germany?" She said attacking me with her hand. "Have you been helping him hide the other girl?" 

"No! He said he was going to Germany for some class, that's it." I felt guilty throwing Cheondoong under the bus,but it had to be done. She looked out the window for most of the car ride until we were almost to her house.

"I don't want to be alone when he comes." She looked over at me as I parked the car. 

"I'll stay with you." I said as I got out of the car and opened the door for her. We walk up to her apartment and she takes out her keys. 

"What if he finds out you're here with me? Wouldn't he get angry? Maybe you should leave." She said turning towards me. 

"He is out cheating with another girl and you're here worried about his feelings?" I took the key out of her hand and unlocked the door myself. "Go in, I'll talk to your neighbor for a bit then I'll be in." I handed her back the key and closed the door. 

I stood with my back against the wall as I contemplated my choices. "Why am I doing this? I can't be doing this. This is Cheondoong's girlfriend and he is clearly not cheating on her. I shouldn't be doing this. I should be helping him clear up this mess."

I slapped my face a couple times as I walked back and forth. " It's just a girl. He can have all the other girls. It is just one girl, Mir. Just do it. "

I shook my head as if shaking the thought out of my mind, but my eyes kept glancing at her apartment door. "She is in there waiting for you, vunerable. It would be such a waste to let such a beautiful woman go to bed alone."

"You're right." I said out loud to myself. I walked toward the door across the hall from her apartment and knocked loudly. 

"Do you know how late .." The man said angrily when he opened the door. He stopped talking when I place a hundred dollar bill in his hand. 

"Give me your phone number." I said to him. 

"Why?" 

"Give it." 

" ****** " He said as I typed it into my phone. I placed the phone back into my pants pocket and looked at him. 

"When I send you a text you will come out and tell the man knocking on her door that she is on a plane to America, got it?"

"Wait, why? What do I get out of this?" 

"There will be a reward if you play your part right, if you don't you'll be paying me interest." I said motioning for him to scoot back. He looked at me weirdly as I closed the door for him.  I knocked on Jeon's door until she opened. 

"What?" She said her eyes all puffy. I smiled down at her and wrapped a strong arm around her back, kissing her lips hungrily as I pushed the door closed with my foot and pinned her against the wall. 

"Mmm." She moaned against my lips when I lifted her up and carried her over to the couch.

"Mir, stop." She said laying a hand on my chest. 

"Sorry." I said fixing my clothes and sitting up. She took a deep breath as tears started flowing again. Her make up began to run, revealing her soft looking eyes. I wiped her make up away with my sleeve and smiled at her bare face. "Do you want a drink?" She nodded as I got up to go to the kitchen.  I roamed around looking for cups and tea bags, but twenty minutes must have passed before I gave up and decided to ask her. 

"Do have any tea bags?" I asked as I walked back into the living room to find her crying. She stared at her phone, Cheondoong was her screensaver.

"What's wrong?" I said siting down next to her on the couch. 

"He just called me." She said sniffling. "Even to the last minute he won't tell me what's going on." 

"Listen, you can have the space and time you want if you just do as I tell you." 

"What?" She said wiping her tears. 

"I told your neighbor to tell Cheondoong when he gets here that you went to America already. All you have to do is not open the door when he knocks, then tah dah, you get a couple days of silence before he finds out the truth." 

"But.." She said frowning.

"I'll handle it. You deserve some time to yourself." I said hugging her. 

"Oppa." She said making my heart soar. I let go of her and look at her face.  She looked back at me with those eyes again, but something was different now. I stared at her pretty pink pout and said, "You know I will treat you better than he could ever." She smiled and hooked at hand behind my neck, climbing into my lap.

----------------------------------------

"Please open up, Jeon!" I heard his voice echoing and his fist pounding into the door like bullets. I sent the text to the man as I looked over at Jeon who snuggled closer to me. I kissed her forehead as I listened to his pleading screams. Then it was all silent, I knew it was over. She silently drew circles with her fingers around my bare skin as I hugged her tighter.