Part twenty-three

Nice guys never win (Thunder and Mir Fanfic)
 

image

 

I turned up the volume on the speakers as I practiced every detailed foot movement. 

"Looking more buff." Mir said as he appeared in the doorway. He leaned against the frame of the door casually, as if he wasn't afraid this meeting was a setup for me to beat him up again.

"Hope you don't mind, I borrowed your wife beater, couldn't find any of mine." I said still not looking directly at him. I still looked at him though the mirror, and the fire in my chest would not extinguish, not even with all the water in the world. He was still with the girl I loved, but he was still my best friend. I couldn't help but hate him, envy him, and love him.

"Not mad at me? Are you going to punch me? Go ahead, do it." He said getting closer to me. I could see him the big mirror in front of me. He was approaching, I dodged him as he came toward me with open arms.

"Dude, stop. Ew! I'm sweaty." I said pushing him away with my hand. He hugged me anyway. 

"You had no idea how much I missed you. Seriously, I had no one to talk to." Mir said as he rested his chin on my shoulder. I let myself hug him, my hand patting his back. 

"I missed you too." I said sincerely.

"I'm sorry, I know I should have asked you." He said letting go of me and frowning towards the ground.

"It's okay, I'm over it now, I found myself an even better girl." I said hoping at the mention of the words, "better girl", his player instincts would kick in. The plan was to get Mir to be interested in Tessa and then somehow show Jeon that Mir was trying to hit on Tessa, ultimately that he was the bad guy here, not me. Then I can finally scoop Jeon back into my arms and tell her every little detail about my life. She can go on tours with me, she can walk red carpets with me, go to movie premiers. 

"I knew it, that hairstylist?" Mir  said interrupting my thoughts and taking a seat on the freshly polished wooden floor. So he had noticed her,of course he did. It's easy to get Mir to flirt with other girls, it was just hard to make Jeon believe that Mir is flirt. Jeon is just as innocent as I am.

"Yeah." I said smirking at him. He took it as a proud smile, it was, but not because I had a girlfriend,but because my plan was working. 

"Did you tell her about Thunder?" He said looking up at me, I sat down with him on the floor,legs criss-crossed. 

"Yeah." 

"I'm proud of you, you learned from your mistakes. That's why you date, you make mistakes, you learn, you become a better boyfriend for the next girl." He said lecturing me as if he was my father. 

"So, how about I formal introduce you two, lunch tomorrow?" I asked getting to up to grab my black duffel bag. 

"Yeah, I'll bring Jeon, if that's okay with you." He said smiling at me. Of course it's not okay. What kind of friend brings his ex-girlfriend to lunch with his current girlfriend? If this wasn't all apart of the plan I would have slapped him for being inconsiderate. 

"Yeah, that's fine." I said not looking him in the eyes again,a little part of me always felt guilty for betraying Mir,but I always think about the way he betrayed me,and I think to myself he deserved this. No mercy. 

"I'll see you at the same place.. buddy." I said lightly tapping him on the back and walked to my car on the opposite side from where his car was parked. He waved and shouted, "I miss you already!" I laughed and pretended to gag like old times as I climbed into my car. I picked up my phone and dialed her number.

"Tessa, you don't have to invite Jeon, he invited Jeon himself." I said into the phone and my other hand putting the key into the ignition.

"Perfect. Tomorrow, swing by my house before you go, we have some business to take care of." She said deviously. I chuckled and replied,"I'll be there."