Part twenty- four

Nice guys never win (Thunder and Mir Fanfic)

 

RECAP: Cheondoong just invited Mir and Jeon to a breakfast with his new partner in crime  and fake girlfriend, Tessa. She convinced Cheondoong that she has a plan to make Jeon fall in love with him again. 

 

 

image

"Remember, don't look at her, act cool." Tessa said as she ran her fingers through my hair. She reached across the seat and turned my face towards her. "Remember we need to convince her that we are madly in love.  She will regret ever letting you go, Cheondoong. That is, if you don't mess up the plan."

"I'll try." I said looking down at the deep v-neck that Tessa had given me to wear. 

"It's y, don't question it." She said when she caught me staring down at my exposed flesh. I shook my head and got out of the car and approached Tessa's side of the car and opened the door for her too. 

"Cheondoong!" She said closing the car door and opening it herself. Once out of the car she placed a hand on her hip and looked at me like I was the dumbest person alive. "Thank you for opening the door for me, but your bad. Remember?" She said half yelling ,half whispering.

"So if I'm suppose to be bad that means I'm suppose to treat you badly?" I asked.

"No! You have a bad attitude to all other girls , but your girlfriend is the only exception. Don't open doors and be polite to others, only to me." She said taking my arm and draping it over her shoulder. She looks up at me and smiles. "Ready?" 

I look down at her and bit my lip nervously. "Sorta."

"Don't be nervous, if you can't handle it just give me the signal and I'll jump in." She said hooking her arm around my waist. We walked toward the resteraunt with our strides in sync.

"Tess.." I said with a hint of panic in my voice. "She's in there by herself and she is looking at us." 

Tessa squeezed my waist slightly and whispered. "Laugh. Pretend I just said something funny." 

"HAHAHAHA." I gave her the most loud and obnoxious laugh I could give while throwing my head back. 

"Too much, way too much. Tone it down." She said bumping me with her hip. I open the door for her and let her walk in first. As soon as we are through the doors I hooked my arms right back around her shoulders and kissed the side of her head. 

"Nice touch." She whispers to me as she pretends to scan the crowd for Jeon. "Ready?" She says squeezing my waist again. 

"Yes." I replied before she pretended to notice Jeon by window and waved to her. Jeon stared at me as I took my seat and ped my black leather jacket revealing way too much of my chest. I tried my best to look at everything , but Jeon. 

"Jeon, you've met Thunder right?" Tessa said as she smiled over at me. 

Jeon smiles and extends her hand toward me. I take it , not gripping her hand too tightly. I let go of her hand quickly and repeatedly chanted, "Don't look into her eyes. Don't look into her eyes." . I looked into her eyes. Her stare hypnotized me as she held my gaze. She was wearing that shade of purple again. The one that brought out her eyes. It was that shade between  purple and pink.. a dark magenta maybe? Wow. She looks wonderful with her hair curled and bangs on the side.

"When is Mir getting here?" Tessa asked, breaking me from the spell. She knew that I was falling for Jeon's trap. 

She smiled at me and then looked back at Tessa. "He said he is on his way." She said flipping her curls over her shoulder revealing that her purple dress was a strapless one. "Speak of the devil." She said getting up and pulling the hem of her dress down. "Mir, baby." Jeon said as she caressed his face and kissed him passionately. 

Tessa cleared causing me to look over at her. She looked at me with that look again. I was getting out of character. Tessa reached over for my hand and placed our intertwined hands on the table. 

"Hey buddy!" Mir said when he was done greeting his girlfriend. He slapped my back and then took the seat across from me. "What did you guys wanna order? I heard the noodles here are really chewy." Mir said as he looked though the menu. 

"Sweetie, do you wanna share? I don't think I can eat it all?" Tessa said releasing my hand and leaning towards me to show me the menu. Jeon observed as Tessa scooted her chair closer to me.

"Yeah.. that would be nice. Don't you really like to eat Crabs? We should get that since you love it so much. " I said to Tessa.

She glared at me. "No, sweetie. We should get what you like because I want you to be happy." Tessa placed a hand on my leg and squeezed it warning me that I was doing something wrong.

"No, you love crab. We will get that one." I insisted and kissed her on the tip of her nose. She wrinkled her nose and smiled a forced smile at me.

"Aren't you allergic to crabs, Tessa?" Jeon chimed.

"Am I?" Tessa said staring back at Jeon.

"Yeah, that one time I took you to eat with me and you got this crazy bad reaction to the crab we ate? You don't remember? I sure remember your face when you blew up from the crab." Jeon started to chuckle and cover her face with her hands.  

"She is. We're just joking. I like to about it. You remember that time we ate out and then you kept insisting that we get crab because it was my favorite even though you were allergic?" I grabbed Tessa's hand and kissed it. "Such a cutie." I said smiling at her. She smiled back at me confirming that I had redeemed myself. 

"I just like to . It's our inside joke. Right , Tess?" I said looking over at her. She smiled and nodded. 

"So. How did you guess even meet?" Mir said looking at me then back at Tessa. 

Uh.. what sounds romantic? At a cafe when I wanted to buy her a drink? Maybe I was running at park when I saw her and had to talk to her?

"Well, technically we met when Cheondoong was still geeky." 

"What?" All three of us said at the time same time as we all looked at Tessa. All of our reactions had different meanings. 

"What?!" Mir said as he slapped the table and started laughing really loudly.

"What?.." Jeon said as she glanced up at Tessa with a confused look.

"What!" I said startled as I stared at Tessa. How in the world did she know I was a geek? She is Jeon's best friend and maybe Jeon told her about all this.. but one thing I couldn't understand was why  she was helping me to deceive her best friend? And why in the world did she just refer to me as Cheondoong. What in the world is this woman doing? I'm getting myself into some deep trouble..

"Oh shut up, Thunder. I know you hate when I tell this story , but I think it is adorable." She reached over and held my hand tightly. "He was a year older than me, we went to the same high school, we only found this out after we started dating. Isn't it romantic? He was in my math class and I didn't even know."

"Oh my god. Did he have glasses?"  Mir said excitedly 

"No, but he did wear his pants above his waist and he did have braces. He was also very scrawny."  Tessa said smiling gently at me. While Mir was laughing his head off, Jeon looked like she was going to murder us. 

"So fast forward a couple years after Cheondoong debuted with MBLAQ, and I became one of their hair dressers. We started talking when he came in to dye his hair and that's it." She said sweetly. She aimed her smile at Jeon this time, and as if that smile was the cherry on top, Jeon exploded. 

Mir stopped laughing when he noticed that Jeon's expression grew dark and her fists were shaking. 

"So you knew this whole time. This whole time you hid it from me? You lied to me about being a doctor and you told me all these lies when you could have just said you're an idol?" Her eyes showed no signs of anything but pure anger.

"And you." She said glaring at Mir. " You knew that he was Cheondoong and Thunder and you never told me. You helped him hide it? Is everything I know about you two lies?" 

"You probably knew this. Didn't you? You're trying to get me back for stealing your boyfriend. Well you know what? You deserve it, you little ." With that Jeon stormed out of the restaurant and without a word Mir ran after her. 

I stared at the empty seats in front of me. What in the world just happened? I looked over at Tessa , who was  just sipped on her orange juice. 

"What.." I said to her. She tapped me on the head and just smiled.

"It's okay, Cheondoong. Give her time and she will come back to you." She said simply as she took a sip of Jeon's drink also. 

"What do you mean it is okay? I thought that your plan was just to make her jealous, not to reveal my identity." 

"So when were you going to tell her? When you finally won her back?" 

"Well.. yes."

"Cheondoong, you have failed to notice the opportunities I've created for you." She looked at me and made sure that I was looking back at her. 

"One, Mir now looks like the bad guy for covering up for you. Two, you look better now, cause she knows you're an idol and that's why you lied to her. Three, now that she knows you're Thunder you can use it to your advantage. Four, she is mad a Mir so now no matter what you do you'll always be better than Mir. Last thing you need to do is to show her that you still have no interest in her and that she was missing out on a great guy." I opened my mouth to ask how but she was already talking again.

"How? By using me to help you. Continue acting like my boyfriend and when the time is right you break up with me and she will be all yours." She said smirking. 

"And revenge will be all yours? Why didn't you tell me that you wanted to use me to get back at Jeon?" I asked. She bit her lip. 

"Sorry about that.. I should have told you why I really wanted to help you. It's just .. I didn't want to sound like such a mean person. I knew that you would be the only thing that could mess with her mind." 

I sighed and shook my head." This is the only time you can use me like this, next time, I will abandon you and your plan." She nods and gives me her puppy eyes. "This plan of yours better help me or you will owe me so much." 

"Just trust me." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry my friends for just abandoning the story.. I just felt like this story was such a mess and I didn't feel like anyone really liked it but after some time apart I did some thinking and I edited some parts. Now I am back! I will finish this story I AM DETERMINED! :) 

 

I would appreciate some comments with input on the new chapter! Thank you!