Part twenty one

Nice guys never win (Thunder and Mir Fanfic)
(Mir's view)

tumblr_inline_mukcz3bnyT1qfdx1m.gif

 

 

“Really? Thank goodness, you feel the same way. I don’t know why I've been worried about-” I said getting up from the swings and walking across the mass of spread out mulch and toward the bench she was sitting on.

“Mir. I meant that I don’t think we are suitable for each other.” She said uncrossing her legs. I stopped in my tracks and stood there rooted in my spot. I was one foot away from her, but I felt like I was miles away.

“You were much more fun when you were playing hard to get. I knew you would eventually fall for me too. I just didn’t think it would be this soon. I thought you were much stronger.”

Her words echoed in my mind. She was playing with me. This whole time she was playing with me too.

“Mir, you just got played. Are you going to take that?” A voice in my mind said.

“I really like her.” I answered.

“ No you don’t.”

“ I do.”

“Trust me. No, you don’t.” The voice said.

I looked at her just sitting there in her skin tight black and purple dress with her high heels. Her hair flowing down her back, but that wasn’t what I longed for. I longed for her cute face when she didn’t wear makeup, when she was feeling cutesy and would kiss me awake. I liked that Jeon. She wasn’t Jeon.

“Fine.” I said turning on my heel and walking into the darkness leaving her stranded in the middle of a playground.

“She doesn’t know how to get home from here.” I said trying to reason with my voice.

“Shut up. Just continue walking.” My voice said pushing me toward my car. Without a moment of hesitation I revved up my engine and zoomed out of the parking lot.   

“I thought you were much stronger.” Her voice echoed in my silent car. Her voice slowly fused with my father’s voice.

“So what? She left, you still have me. Don’t be such a baby, be like me. I’m not crying, and she is the one who left me for my best friend.  Come on boy! I thought you were much stronger.”

“I am!” I screamed as I rolled down the windows letting the harsh winds slash up my face, whipping my hair around. My phone rang in my pocket as the red light appeared. I stepped onto the brake way too late causing me to cross the pedestrian cross line. I sighed taking out my phone and looking at the screen. “Jeon” my screen flashed with a picture of her covering her make up less face. I placed it back into my pocket and pressed onto the gas pedal driving 80mph on a road for 50. I sighed taking out my phone and dialing her number. I didn’t say anything when she picked up the phone and she didn’t say anything either, all I could hear was the sound of her heavy breathing. “Oppa, please come back.”

 

My mind flashes back to my first victim. “Oppa, please come back.” She cried as I walked away from her after taking her ity. I cringed at the pain in her voice. I should have stopped when I could have, but she deserved it, she was asking for it. She knew I was trouble, I said trying to comfort myself.

“Oppa.” Jeon said through the phone. It was clear she was afraid.

“I’ll be there.” I said hanging up and making a u-turn.