part two

Nice guys never win (Thunder and Mir Fanfic)

“Whoa, those cookies are my favorite.” I said picking up the package and adding it to our cart. Mir pushed the cart slowly checking out the girl at the checkout counter. I rolled my eyes at him, I knew he didn’t want to come for candy, he wanted eye candy.

“Look Mir, strawberry milk!” I said waving it in front of his face. At the mention of strawberry milk he lost his mind and jumped up and down.

“Strawberry milk?!” He grabbed it and added it to the cart.

“You’re still a little kid inside that cool guy mask.” I said laughing at his face. He stared at the milk as if it was the prettiest girl he has ever seen. We pushed the cart into the checkout line of the girl he thought was cute.

“I’ll go buy some coffee.” I said to him,he nodded not breaking eye contact with the girl. I walked out of the market and into the warm summer air. I crossed the street carefully, as my eyes caught onto a girl who was being tugged by a man.

“Let go.” The girl said prying his arm off. I looked around at other bystanders and people who just ignored this girl.

My mind started to asses the situation. He is way too buff for me, he might be able to rip my head off with one finger, but she needs you Cheondoong. DO IT! 

“Hey!” I shouted, walking over to them. “She said to let go.” I touched her shoulder lightly asking her if she was okay, she nodded silently.

“Get away little boy, mind your own business.” He said pushing me away.

"Look, I'm not here to fight, and I don't think I want to, but please, respect the lady." I said politely to him as I backed away with the girl.

He glares at me with his nose flared. "I said, mind your own business." His arm swings so quickly I didn't see it as it came hurling into my stomach. I fell back as I doubled over and held onto my stomach. I squinted up at him as the fire in my heart ignited. 

image

 

“Move away.” I said to the girl through my teeth as I winced in pain. I stood back up and wrapped my legs around his and took the man down. “Leave her alone.” I said steadying my voice as I breathed heavily. I looked back at the girl who hovered in a corner as her friend came to her side. I looked back at the man and glared at him, he stared back with a strong gaze then got up to leave as he clutched his jaw.

“You okay?” Her friend said to her. I walked over and addressed the girl. “Did he hurt you?” I said softly touching her head. She smiled up at me and said, “Thank you.” I smiled back at her.

“Cheondoong oppa?” Jeon said, her facial expression clearly surprised. “You knocked that guy down? I thought..” She drifted off feeling embarrassed.

“Jeon." I said surprised to see her standing in front of me. Oh god, why did I chose to wear skinny jeans on a day like this. Please don't look. Please.

"Wow." She said smiling at me.

I chuckled finishing her sentence, "You thought that I was wimpy?”

“No..” She said shyly.

“That I was small?”

“That you’re too nice to hit someone.”

“Thanks, Cheondoong-shi.” The girl said bowing her head. I smiled at her again and noticed Mir across the street, Jeon noticed too.

“Hey, I got our groceries.” Mir said ignoring the girls. He knew that by ignoring them, he was increasing their interest in him. By tell them he got the groceries it would make him look like he such a romantic guy. I chuckled at his plan.

 

image

 

“Ah, sorry to be rude. My name is Mir.” He said looking at the girl first then giving Jeon the full on y stare.

“Jeon and ah..” I said addressing the girl. “Tessa.” The girl said

“This is Jeon and Tessa.” I said introducing them.

“We have to go make dinner, but you’re welcome to join us.” Mir said trying to not make eye contact with Jeon. I smirked and just shook my head.

“Maybe next time.” Jeon said grabbing her friend by the arm and bidding us farewell.

“She digs me.” Mir said as we watched them walk away. “Both of them.” He gave me some of the grocery bags to hold as we walked to our car. I sighed, taking the bags as I felt a vibration in my pocket.

“You promised me a movie and dinner coupon, I want to use it next Friday.  – Jeon”

I smiled to myself, “Yeah, she digs you.” I said laughing to myself. I knew Mir was not Jeon’s type.