o1 ~ The Promposal

♡ єχσgℓσвαℓ12 Admin Search One Shot Writing Contest! ♡

The Promposal​~


It’s late in May; everyone has a date to prom, except you and your boyfriend, Byun Baekhyun. Why hasn’t he asked you out yet? You hope that he will ask you out by the end of this week. “Hey (your name)! Do you have anyone to go to prom yet?” your friend, Do Kyungsoo, asks. “No, are you still going with Annie?” you reply with a question. “Yeah, let’s hope that you go with Baekhyun, alright?” That night, you lied in bed wondering if he’ll take you, or if he’s even planning to go. The many thoughts in your mind made you fall asleep.

When you woke up, you got a morning text message from your one and only, Baekhyun. “Good morning! Have you slept well? Smile big today~”, along with a selca of him. His texts always make you smile in the morning, not only because of the way he puts his words, but because he takes a bit of time out of his morning to make you smile, and it always works. The photo of him made you smile even more, and makes you look forward towards your day. You messaged him back, “Good morning Baekhyunnie~ ♥”. You got up, got ready for school, packed your bag, ate breakfast and headed out the door.

When you got to school, you immediately opened your locker. Why is everything so organized? Your textbooks are stacked in order of your classes, your loose pieces of paper in the appropriate binder. Other than that, there was a little envelope stuck to your first period textbook. You opened it, and it read, “Jagiya~ I ordered your locker for you! Keep it nice and tidy okay? Anyways, at lunch, meet me at the foyer. I have a surprise for you! – Baekhyunnie ♡” What could the surprise be? You grabbed your textbooks and headed for class.

As usual, your classes were long and boring. The only class you enjoyed was music and art. Everything else was the same, teachers teaching the same way their teachers taught them. All you really wanted to do was get to lunch, to see what Baekhyun’s surprise is. You finally got through calculus and biology, and it was lunch time. As the bell rang, you ran to your locker and put everything away, making sure not to ruin Baekhyun’s tidiness. You grabbed your bag and walked to the foyer.

As you got there, you noticed the many colourful balloons. Was this the surprise Baekhyun meant? The balloons filled the ceiling, and there were streamers wrapped around the pillars. In the middle of the room stood a boy. Could it be Baekhyun? As you walked up to him, his face became clearer. It was him. He took your hand and walked you down the hallway to the gymnasium. Why was he taking you there? In the middle of the gymnasium stood a single desk. As you walked up to it, there was a purple box. Inside was another note. It read “Meet me at the music room.” When you turned around, Baekhyun was gone. You once again made your way to your destination.

As you opened the door to the music room, music started playing. A familiar voice started singing. Baekhyun was singing for you. He wore a black suit, you wondered how he changed so fast. You recognized the song, it was Epik High’s “Love Love Love”. It was the first time you heard Baekhyun rap. His attempt at it made you smile. You sat down the in only chair there was, dead center of the room. As he finished the song, you gave him an applause. He walked up to you, held your hands and asked, “Will you go to prom with me?” Without hesitation, you answered the question. “Yes!” has you got up and hugged him.

 

 

 

 


Author: Elisa Luu

Country: Canada

Age: 13

Title: The Promposal

 

Reminder: Remember to vote for your favorite one shot!