Home Alone Part 2

Jureumi's Diary

‘Yah! Jureumi! Stop scaring the hell out of me!’ Sunggyu shouted at me and ran 10 steps away from me. What did I do again? *Sigh* I only took a step nearer to him and he was already running away from me. How am I going to be close to him at this rate? Look, I was trying my beat to make him overcome his own fear and there he was, running away from his own problem like a coward.

 

No choice. I have to use my last ‘weapon’ that Sungjong gave me last night already.

 

Last night

 

‘Jureumi-ah! Come over here.’ Sungjong signaled me to go towards him and when I was close enough, he took out an envelope. ‘I know that Sunggyu hyung will not get closer to you so easily and without a reason, he will not do what we ask him to, as in, taking care of you. Now, if he don’t listen or he is still to afraid to go near you, I want you to take this under my bed and bring this to him. Okay?’ I meowed.

 

I ran into Sungjong’s room, crawled under his bed. Aha! Gotcha! I quickly retreated from the bed and ran back to the living room. Sunggyu’s small eyes enlarged when he saw me running towards him.

 

‘Help!!!!!!’ He cried and covered his eyes with his hands.

 

I stopped in front of him, placed the envelope beside his feet and walked away. He timidly peeped through his fingers and when he saw that I was already walking away, he heaved a sigh of relief. Sunggyu then noticed the envelope that I placed beside his legs and wondered aloud, ‘What is this?’

 

He picked it up and opened it. Inside was a piece of folded white paper. Sunggyu slowly unfolded it and read aloud the contents. (I noticed that he had this habit of reading aloud whatever he is reading.)

 

‘Our dearest Sunggyu hyung, Hyung, I know that you will be very angry after you know that we leave you alone with Jureumi. I know that you really don’t like animals and is actually scared of them. Deny it all you want. Everyone know that. What? This Lee Sungjong! You are going to DIE when you come back!’ After scolding Sungjong aloud, he continued to read the letter. ‘But don’t you ever think of running away from the dorm! We already added an extra lock that you can’t open.’

 

‘Wait! What extra lock?’ Sunggyu brisk-walked to the door. He tried to open the door but failed. ‘Damn it!’ I could heard him cursed under his breath. ‘So please complete all the tasks the members gave you and there will be a surprise waiting for you! Love you, maknae Sungjongie~’

 

‘I wonder what surprise....’ Sunggyu once again walked towards the things-to-be-done wall and reread all the task again. ‘Hmm... Which will be the easiest to be done without touching the cat?’ He squinted his eyes and scanned through every paper.

 

‘Aha!’ He suddenly cheered and removed one of the paper from the wall. ‘This one! Feed Jureumi!’

 

Grumble. Oh! Came to think of it, I hadn’t even had my breakfast yet! Yay! Food! I ran into the kitchen and hovered around my feeding corner. *Sniff* I smelt food~ Sunggyu! Faster! I was starving!

 

‘Please, Jureumi, don’t come near me. If not, I’m not giving you your food and milk okay?’ Sunggyu threatened me. Okay! Deal! Just give me my food!

 

Like I promised, I didn’t go near him when he was pouring the milk into my bowl and the cat food into my tray. The moment he finished pouring the food, I didn’t think much and ran towards my food and in a blink of eye, Sunggyu was already in the living room. (He really was a ninja!) Food was always the best.

 

‘The next one that is easiest...’ I could heard that Sunggyu was still finding another task that didn’t require ‘skin-ship’ with me. ‘Hmm... Play with Jureumi... That sounded okay... I just have to throw a toy at her then she can play by her own already right? Okay, I’ll do this.’ Oh? Play time now?

 

‘Jureumi! Stand in front of Sungyeol’s room!’ Sunggyu ordered me. Eh? Why in front of appa’s room? Sunggyu went inside Sungyeol’s room and took out my purple rubber mouse (which is obviously bought by Hoya, that purple mania.) and threw it in my direction. Huh? Why weren’t he playing with me? No fun! Humph! I ignored the mouse and started to clean myself using my own tongue like other cats would do.

 

‘Jureumi! Play the mouse!’ Sunggyu sounded desperate. Who cares what he was saying? I can’t hear you~ I swore to myself that I had to help Sunggyu to overcome that stupid fear of his so that I could help the members to get complete the mission so that the members could get that two weeks of holiday.

 

Oh! Sunggyu was walking towards me cautiously, his hand slowly reached out for the rubber mouse that was thrown in front of me. I continued cleaning myself. I wouldn’t be the one who make the first move this time. ‘Hey, play with the mouse. Good kitty~’ Sunggyu had no choice but to coo and come closer. I didn’t budged at all but waited instead.

 

‘You promise me that you are not going to scratch or bite me right?’ Sunggyu asked me. Hahaha! Was he so desperate that he was talking to a cat without realizing himself? I was laughing aloud in my mind. Okay. I would not attack you, I mean, there was no reason to right? Not like Sunggyu was some old enemy of mine. I stared into Sunggyu’s small eyes, his hand slowly reaching out towards me. Huh? What was he trying to do?

 

His hand was getting closer.

 

Ta-dum

 

A few cm away from my head.

 

Ta-dum

 

The next second, I felt a big but soft hand on top of my head.

 

‘Yes! I did it! I patted Jureumi’s head!’ Sunggyu’s eyes turned into a crescent and he smiled. Then, he even tried to pick me up slowly, but the moment I moved, he got scared. *Sigh* Still scared of me. That was one great step or rather, progress that he made. I felt happy for him.

 

Being happy was one thing, at the same time, I was concerned about the other thing: There were numerous task that he had to complete and he had used almost two hours before he dared to touch me. Would he be able to complete everything in just 5 hours before the members came back? And would he complete without any problems? There were a lot of ‘first time’ for him, like helping me to bathe and cutting of nails.

 

A big drop of sweat actually appeared on my wrinkled forehead.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Yay! I managed to update despite being very tired and because of the muscle ache I was having from yesterday's training. Oh! Take about training, I'll be away for a week for a oversea trip to help kids  fix up their classrooms and teach them (I really love kids btw ><) So before I leave for the trip, I'll make up for the update and try to do a double update if I can. X.X Anyway, hope you all enjoy this chapter and our Sunggyu had made us proud here! Finally some progress for our scaredy cat! Okay, last thing, you all know what I'm gonna say. Thank you for subscribing and reading! Please do comment! I don't mind criticism by the way, just tell me what you want and in what area of improvement I can improve on. So yup! Look foward to all kinds of comments! Once again, thank you for reading! ^^