Sungjong's plan

Jureumi's Diary

Last night (because of Myungsoo), Sungyeol appa felt bad and cried himself to sleep. Aish… That foolish appa of mine… Well, partially my fault too. My stupid plan that failed. I was so hopeless man. I lie flat on the floor and closed my eyes painfully. I couldn’t help Sungyeol appa at all.

 

‘Hey Jureumi.’ Someone called my name. I opened one of my eyes and found the person was Sungjong. I ignored him and closed back the one eye that I opened and turned, my back facing him. He shook me a little. Okay. He won. I got up and gave him the what-do-you-want face.

 

‘I know your plan didn’t work out well but hey! We’re in this together right? So this time, I’ll do the planning, deal?’ Sungjong whispered, but loud enough for me to hear. Umm… Okay… I guess I’m not really good at planning.

 

‘You’re good in planning, but just that sometimes, there will be some unexpected situations that happen. It is beyond our control. As a beginner, you’ve already done well.’ Woollimy said while walking towards me.

 

‘Okay kittens! Time for meeting. So now, my plan will go like this…’ Sungjong clapped his hands once to gain our attention and then, his voice dropped to whisper again.

 

‘Get it?’ Sungjong asked after he explained everything to us.

 

We nodded our heads in union.

 

‘Then let’s do it.’ Sungjong said with a smirk plastered on his face.

 

Plan begin.

 

Target No. 1: Kim Myungsoo

 

‘L-hyung!’ Sungjong went into Myungsoo’s room without knocking.

 

‘Yes?’ Myungsoo looked up from his camera and raised a brow.

 

‘Hyung! I want to cook kimbab for someone I like. But as you know, my cooking is the worst among the seven of us. Can you help me, pleeease?’ Sungjong even gave him the puppy eyes. *Cough* He should be an actor seriously.

 

Whack! Ouch! Who’s that? I turned and found Woolimy behind and signaled me to keep my mouth shut and watch. Fine.

 

‘Can’t you ask Woohyun-hyung or something?’ Myungsoo sighed, then he continued. ‘You all know that the only dish I’m confident in cooking is ramyun. How can you ask someone who don’t know how to cook to cook kimbab for you?’ Merciless rejection. Oops.

 

‘Please?’ Sungjong was on the verge of crying. Wait. Correct me. Acting to be on the verge of crying.

 

‘…Okay then. But don’t you blame me if it chase away your date. Or else I’ll kill you before you can open your mouth to say a word.’ Myungsoo finally agreed after so much begging of Sungjong.

 

Yay! Moving on to our 2nd target.

 

Target No. 2: Lee Sungyeol

 

‘Yeol-hyung!’ Sungjong cheered.

 

‘Hey. What’s up?’ Sungyeol appa greeted back.

 

‘Can you bake some cute cupcakes for me?’ Sungjong asked.

 

‘Huh? I’m not really good at baking you know. If you want a sandwich, maybe I can handle that.’ Sungyeol appa pondered.

 

‘No! I don’t want sandwich!’ Sungjong wined.

 

‘Okay, okay. Stop winning. I’ll go and make you some now alright? Just give me 2 hours.’ Sungyeol appa answered and at the same time, he was finding something.

 

‘Huh? Where did I put my phone?’ He wondered aloud.

 

Oh Gosh! I forgot about those phones! What should I do now?

 

Sungyeol appa walked out of the room and announced to everyone, ‘Guys! I lost my phone. Any chance that you all see it or something?’

 

‘Yeol, not again.’ Woohyun shook his head.

 

‘I lost my phone too. You all see it?’ Myungsoo came out of his room and asked.

 

‘What’s wrong with you two? Sungyeol I can understand but Myungsoo?’ Sunggyu, who seemed to be still frustrated by last night’s incident, was getting irritated by the two ‘trouble maker’.

 

‘Woohyun-ah! Go and comfort your wife please. Is he menstruating or going through menopause? How come he gets irritated easily?’ Dongwoo blurted out innocently, but shut up immediately after Sunggyu gave him a dead stare.

 

‘Aigoo~ Gyu gyu, don’t get angry over small matters okay? I don’t want my cute hamster gyu start to have wrinkles.’ Woohyun walked towards Sunggyu and back hugged him and got shooed away by Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu exhaled some air and tried to calm himself, then he grabbed his phone.

 

‘You two, go back to your room and listen for your own phone ring tone. I’m going to call both of your numbers now.’ No matter how irritated he was, he helped his dongsaeng no matter what.

 

‘Woollimy, Myungsoo’s phone is under his bed. Go and get it. It I’m the one who help him find back his phone, he will sure take it as I hid his phone and will kill me.’ I whispered to Woollimy and she nodded. Then, she set off to Myungsoo’s room.

 

‘Aish. Where is it?’ Sungyeol appa scratched the back of his head as he looked around.

 

I climbed into his closet and dug out his phone then I placed it on his mattress when he wasn’t looking.

 

‘Ah! How come it is on my mattress? So I had been sleeping on my own phone all the time?’ Sungyeol appa face-palmed himself.

 

Well, all I could say is, being a slow thinker could be a good thing sometimes.

 

Sungyeol appa unlocked his phone and called someone.

 

‘Omma! How do you bake cupcakes?’ Oh! So he was calling his mother to get the recipe. ‘… Yes… Uh-huh… Hang on, let me get a piece of paper and pen… Go on…’ Sungyeol appa kept scribbling onto the piece of paper furiously. ‘Okay… That’s all? That’s really easy. Thanks omma! Yes. I’ll visit you when I have my holiday. Bye.’

 

With that, Sungyeol appa brought the piece of paper with him and entered the kitchen.

 

‘Myungsoo, what are you cooking?’ Sungyeol appa was rather surprised to find Myungsoo in the kitchen as he usually wouldn’t cook.

 

The kitchen was very messy and there were scrapes of food lying all around the place.

 

‘I’m making kimbab for someone.’ Myungsoo answered him without looking up.

 

‘You should at least clean up the kitchen while you cook.’ Sungyeol appa’s face showed a hint of disappointment when he heard that Myungsoo was making kimbab for someone.

 

‘You need to use the kitchen too?’ Myungsoo asked.

 

‘Uh-huh. I’m making cupcakes for someone too.’ Sungyeol appa answered while he picked up a broom and began swiping the floor.

 

Myungsoo’s face muscle moved a little when he heard that, then he continued to do his own cooking.

 

‘Ah! This looks much better!’ And with that, Sungyeol appa started baking.

 

Two hours past.

 

Awkward silence in the kitchen ever since two hours ago, only the sound of the kitchen utensils chattering and the sound of opening and closing of the dust bin.

 

Sungjong ah. You sure that this plan’s gonna work? The two pabos were not even interacting with each other.

 

I was just about to leave the kitchen (As I had already wasted two hours in there but nothing happen at all) when Myungsoo finally opened his mouth and talk.

 

‘I’m going out first. I’ve finish cooking already.’ Myungsoo then stepped out of the kitchen with a lunch box in his hand. Eh! Hello! You’re just opening your mouth to announce that you’re going out?

 

‘Um…’ Sungyeol appa barely answered him as he was busy staring at the oven to make sure that his cupcakes wouldn’t burn.

 

A few minutes later.

 

‘Yes! It’s done!’ Sungyeol appa gingerly took out the baking tray and set it onto the kitchen counter, and then he took out one of the cupcakes and took a bite on it. ‘Hmm… My cooking skills have improved!’

 

‘Hyung! You finish baking?’ Sungjong appeared and asked him with a big smile on his face.

 

‘Yup! Thee you go. All yours. But you’ll have to clean up the kitchen.’ Sungyeol brushed off the crumbs off his fingers and washed his hands in the sink.

 

After making sure that Sungyeol appa was gone for good, Sungjong started to pack the cupcakes into a box, then he attached a piece of paper full of writing onto the box with a scotch tape and took out a black paper bag from one of the drawers. He place the box into the bag and bent down, said to me, ‘Now, take this bag to Myungsoo. He’s in his room.’

 

I pulled the bag using my teeth. Gee. It’s really a tough task.

 

‘What the hell?’ Myungsoo said when he saw me dragging the bag towards him. Then he realized that there was something in the bag. ‘What’s in there? Is it for me?’ He asked and I nodded in return.

 

He took the bag from me and I watched him. He saw the note and began reading it. (But sadly, not aloud.) Then he blushed. Oh! He blushed! What did Sungjong wrote on the paper?

 

‘Sungyeol asked you to deliver this to me?’ Myungsoo asked me again. Eh? It’s Sungjong , not Sungyeol, but I nodded anyway, hoping that I did the right thing.

 

‘Jureumi-ah!’ Sungjong called for me again! Gotta go! I sprang out of Myungsoo’s room.

 

‘Now, Sungyeol’s turn.’ He handed me a pink paper bag this time.

 

Same as just now, I dragged it along with me and into Sungyeol appa’s room.

 

‘Jureumi! What is that?’ Sungyeol appa was shocked when he saw me struggling to pull a bag towards him. He took it and opened it.

 

‘Eh? There’s a note.’ Sungyeol appa looked at it and his eyes were widened in surprised. But he blushed too.

 

Why did both of them blush upon reading the note Sungjong wrote? Urg… I wanted to read too! Yay! Appa was putting down the note on the floor beside him and opened the lunch box. I’ve got to hurry!

 

‘Be mine?’ I only managed to catch a glimpse of two words and Sungyeol appa realized that I was reading the note. Well, not exactly reading but he thought I wanted it as my toy.

 

‘Jureumi, no touching of that note. It’s not your toy okay? It’s very important to me.’ Sungyeol appa picked up the note with care and placed it somewhere where I could never reach.

 

What does ‘Be mine’ means?

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Hey guys! Not dragging already right?(Cuz I'm tired of myself draggin also...)  But a cliff hanger for all of you (though I think that you might have already guess it), but life is full of surprises. >< Okay. So much nonsense of me. -.-' Anyway, I still hope that you all will enjoy the chapter. I updated thrice for this week. You guys happy with them? I finally am able to update so much, like what I said in chapter 7, that I'll update 3-4 times a week. ^^ I hope I can keep it up and end this fanfic before January arrives. ;)

 

Anyway, I really want to thank you all my subscribers here and readers, who supported me and put up with all my nonsense and naggy chapters. >< (Okay, how come I feel that I'm writing as if this is the last chapter?) Really, thank you guys. /cry/

 

Do drop me a comment okay? ^^ Thank you. *bow*