Television

Jureumi's Diary

‘Wake up Jureumi! Good news!’ Woollimy had woke me up excitedly and was literally shaking the hell out of me.

 

‘Huh? What good news?’ Don’t blame me. I’m blur in the morning.

 

‘Sungjong’s going to help us! Yay! Everything will be easier if there is a human who understand us!’ Woollimy was jumping all over the place.

 

Sungjong? He’s going to help us? ‘Wait Woollimy, you went to his room to ell him everything? How did you do that?’ I was still confused how she managed to get Sungjong into all these mess that we created.

 

‘That’s easy. I used his phone to type out what I want to say! Remember how I used Myungsoo’s phone? But Sungjong is not going to in. He was too fed up with how stupid Myungsoo and Sungyeol are. So yup! He will help when things don’t work out the way we wanted but we still have to do most of the part, to be more specific, you are going to do that part since I will only be living here for a month.’ Woollimy hurried me. ‘Come on! Go and have a quick breakfast and we’ll start planning.’

 

I pushed myself up into a sitting position and sighed. Walking to the kitchen to eat my food, I found Sungjong in the kitchen too. He looked at me and smiled.

 

‘Morning Jureumi! Good luck with your plan! I look forward to see how you are going to work. Such smart kittens like you and Woollimy are rare these day. I guess that two pabo hyungs of mine are so lucky to have the both of you.’ With that, he went out of the kitchen, holding a cup of hot chocolate. Huh? Me? Plan? I wasn’t the one who plan all these stuff. Humph. Woollimy must have set me up for these. I ate my breakfast with a little out of sorts and went back into Sungyeol appa room after that.

 

‘So you practically set me up and said that everything is done by me?’ I was actually irritated.

 

‘Chill. I will leave here after a month stay and 4 days had already past. I’ll have to teach you what I know so that you can do all the planning yourself in future. Don’t worry.’ Woollimy smiled warmly.

 

Sigh. I guess she’s right.

 

‘Lesson one: Learn how to read and type.’ Woollimy was strict with me during the teaching and by lunch time, I was so sick and exhausted from all the learning of words and stuff.

 

‘You are such a quick learner. Okay. Very good. I’ll now move on to how to type the words. You just have to find…’ Woollimy was going on and on, I felt my head going dizzy.

 

‘Woollimy, can I rest for a while? I think we continue after lunch. I’m getting tired.’ I requested.

 

‘Not a bad idea. I’ll give you a break from learning. But you have to watch the television after lunch. It can help you recap what you have learnt this morning.’ Woollimy said.

 

After lunch, Woollimy jumped onto the television cabinet, jumping up and down and stared hard at the television, hoping that someone in the living room could understand what she want.

 

‘What is that irritating cat doing on the television cabinet?’ Asked a grumpy grandpa gyu. (Yes, he’s my grandpa now. Hehe!)

 

‘I think she want to watch television.’ Hoya said and switched on the television at the same time. Woollimy winked at me as she jumped off the cabinet and landed safely on the floor.

 

A drama was playing and I watched the interaction between the actors.

 

‘Who do you think you are?’ said Female A

 

‘What? I’ve been the daughter-in-law much longer than you. You think just because that you’re rich you can don’t do the housework?’ Screamed Female B.

 

And the fight continued. I looked at Woollimy and gave her the I’m-bored-face, she nodded and walked towards to Hoya, who was engrossed in his own conversation with Dongwoo, took the remote control and randomly pressed a few buttons.

 

‘Ah! What’s that?’ Sungyeol appa immediately covered his eyes. Huh? What’s wrong? I turned and looked at the television screen. Oh. It was a recording of a surgery.

 

‘How interesting.’ Commented a rather calm Sungjong, who continued watching while nibbling some biscuits, ‘So this is the heart? And that is the liver? Whoa. So amazing! Sungyeol hyung! Where are you going?’

 

Sungyeol appa was already turning green and rushed to the toilet. Change the channel. I signaled Woollimy. She pressed a few buttons again.

 

‘Oh my gosh! Hyungs! Who bought this channel!’ This time, Sungjong covered his eyes and rolled on the floor. ‘I know I’m not innocent but you don’t have to show me THIS right? Gosh!’

 

Great. Wait, what am I saying! It’s not great! The screen show a woman who was, erm, . . I quickly looked down. I shouldn’t be seeing this man!

 

I waved one of my front paws at Woollimy who was shock but recovered quickly, and frantically pressing a few button desperately.

 

‘Ah! This is must better.’ Sungjong heaved a sigh of relief.

 

It was dark. The lightning strikes. Footsteps could be heard. The girl turned around and found no one behind so she continued to walk in the dark alley, the dark alley was so dark that she couldn’t see things a meter away. Only a few lamp that are fixed to the wall allowed her to see what’s ahead of her. Lightning strikes again. This time, the lamp flicked, the girl looked a around, then, it blackout totally. When the light came about suddenly, a man, with his face bleeding and an eye missing, was staring at her in the eyes and an outstretched hand wanting to strangle her. The girl screamed.

 

Scream. A dolphin-like and high-pitched scream and a deep scream and yelling could be heard. I turned to looked back. Sungjong was normal. Grandpa gyu didn’t have a reaction. Neither Woohyun. Myungsoo was his normal self, but something was hiding behind him and shivering. I walked over.

 

It was Sungyeol appa. So he was afraid of ghost huh? Better note it down. Might be useful to our plan. Myungsoo sihed lightly and reached over to comfort Sungyeol.

 

On the other hand, Dongwoo was also covering his face with Hoya’s hands.

 

I signaled Woollimy to change channel, or else, we’ll never have peace in the dorm. Worst, the neighbour’s gonna complaint.

 

She pressed a few buttons again.

 

‘There is a man who was caught shoplifting at 1 pm and he tried to…’ Oh my goodness. There isn’t anything to watch. I looked at Sungyeol appa again.

 

‘Oh I’m so sorry.’ Sungyeol appa said to Myungsoo when he realized that he had been clinging onto Myungsoo.

 

‘Nah. It’s okay.’ Myungsoo waved him off.

 

‘No. It’s not okay. You like someone and I should act this way.’ Sungyeol appa said seriously.

 

‘Actually, the person I like is--’ Oh! He’s gonna say it out!

 

‘Da-da-dadada da-da Circus! Da-da-dadada da-da Afro! Circus! Afro! Circus! Afro! Polka-dot, Polka-dot, Polka-dot! Afro!’ And Woollimy changed the channel. Great. What good timing.

 

Dongwoo got up and started dancing to the music and Hoya joined him.

 

‘Madagascar!’ Sungyeol appa was excited and looked at the screen attentively.

 

A crazy zebra was dancing in the show along with a lion, a hippo and giraffe.

 

Forget it. I’ll watch the television the next time. I began to walk back to appa’s room. Maybe some thinking would be great. I wanted some peace to be honest.

 

‘So, is it entertaining? That television?’ Woollimy started the ‘interview’ again.

 

‘No. It is full of bull.’ I snapped. ‘None of the programs is interesting! You shouldn’t have changed the channel! Myungsoo was about to tell Sungyeol appa that he likes him you know.’ I was a little annoyed.

 

‘I know. That’s why I changed the channel.’ Woollimy gave me her signature smile.

 

‘Why? Don’t it mean lesser work for us if Sungyeol appa knows?’ Now I was confused.

 

‘Nope. If Sungyeol knows now, do you think he will accept it immediately? Obviously not. He is still in the denial state. Our job is to make him realize that Myungsoo actually like him, he have to believe first. But now, the timing isn’t right. Moreover, he made that stupid bet with Key already, so how will he admit that Myungsoo likes him?’ Woollimy explained. ‘The other reason is to let you have more experience so that you can handle all these stuff by your own when I go back.’

 

Okay then. I guess I should help instead of being lazy.

 

‘Have you observed anything while watching the television?’ Woollimy asked me.

 

‘Not really. But I noticed that Sungyeol appa and Dongwoo are really afraid of ghost, while the others are not. Sungyeol appa is also easily disgusted by certain stuff.’ I remarked.

 

‘Not a bad progress. I will now leave the planning part yourself. Although I had also planned for you, but it will be better if you can plan everything yourself. Remember to tell me before you act and make use of what you already know. If you need any help just ask from me when I’m awake of course.’ With that, she climbed back onto her own bed and took a nap.

 

Well, didn’t I mention before that kittens sleep a lot? Yeah. But I couldn’t sleep. My mind was in a mess. How the hell am I going to plan those stuff? Wait. Sungyeol appa was afraid of ghost right? Aha.

 

I have a splendid idea.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Sorry. Another short and boring chapter for you guys. :( Well, forgive me. I rushed this out in an hour since I was rushing to pack for my camp and I wanted to update before I go for the week. Yup. I’m so glad that some of you did comment. I was so happy and I replied them. (I believe) Once again, I'm sorry if you all don't like or find this chapter boring.

 

Thank you for subscribing and reading! ><

 

And yup, please do comment. ^^