6

Falling for an idol
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Ha In, are you done with cleaning the tables? – your boss asked.

-Nae! I’ve finished already! – you answered diligently.

-Then go and change yourself, there’s a young man waiting for you here.

You, shocked went to where your boss was waiting, to see a tall young boy, with sunglasses and blonde hair sticking out of his black cap.

Even though he was disguising himself to the point of almost being unable to recognise him, you instantly knew who he was the moment he smirked at you.

-Il…! I mean…What are you doing here? – you asked, looking at your boss, who was peeking discreetly from behind the counter, unaware of the idol standing in her café – I thought I was going to pass by your dorm to pick you up!

-This is a way of not wasting time, plus, what kind of date would it be if the girl picked the boy up? It would hurt my man’s pride…

-Aish OK, wait for me while I change... – you sighed and went back to the staff area, where you took your things, and got rid of your café uniform.

-You’re ready? – Ilhoon asked when you got out, you nodded – then let’s go!

And kept the door open for you, you went out of the café, and once you were sure nobody would hear you, you shouted.

-Yah! Ilhoon!, are you mad or what!! – and slapped him in the arm.

-What?!? And what’s with talking to your oppa in that way? – he asked, rubbing his arm.

-Oh lord, not you too!....I’m just worrying about you OK?, what if you’re recognised? Do you want to be involved in a scandal?

-Jeez relax a bit! Nobody is going to recognise me, what do you think these are  for? – he pointed his cap and sunglasses.

You snorted.

-Aish forget it already, c’mon let’s enjoy our date! – he said cheerfully.

You bit your lip, hesitant, he noticed it and looked at you, cocking his head to one side.

-What is it?

-Nothing…it’s just that…

-Are you awkward with us having a date? – he smirked.

-Well…yes…because I’ve never had a date before so… - you trailed off.

-Aigoo how cute you are! You don’t have to worry you know?, this isn’t a real date.

-It isn’t? – you blinked confused – then what is this?

-Two friends hanging around together, it’s not a good idea for me to ask you out.

You frowned, surprised and confused with that statement.

-Why not? If Peniel has been rambling about his duties to protect me as my “older brother”…

-Hahahaha! No that’s not it – he said – but I don’t think it would be a good idea for me to push things too much, nah I think this is enough, even though I’m surprised you reacted like that…Could it be…that you really want to date me? If that’s so then I won’t mind crossing the line…

-A…andwae!! That’s not what I meant at all!! I mean….I really like you, but as a friend! I mean… - you stuttered, then looked up – and what do you mean with crossing the line? What are you pushing?

-Nothing, relax, you’ll understand it when the time comes.

You looked at him, confused, wanting to question him again.

-Ah look at that! We’re here already! – he said, pointing at the cinema.

You looked up to see the cinema standing tall in front of you.

You felt excitement piling inside of you, you smiled, feeling happy to have someone to have fun with, and to go to the cinema with, you haven’t hanged around with people ever since you were in Chicago and you had Peniel with you, you had always spent your life locked in your room, or in the library, studying hard trying to comply with your father’s wishes, you never had had friends, and never had had the chance to enjoy the things you had enjoyed either in Chicago, or here, in Korea. Your smile grew wider, and then realised how Ilhoon was looking at you.

-Are you alright? – he asked.

-Sure! – you answered, and grabbed his hand, his eyes widened at your sudden act – come on! Let’s go!

And you childishly pulled him inside the cinema.

You bought the tickets, and went inside the cinema room, when the lights were off, Ilhoon took off his disguise, making sure there was no one around to recognise him.

You both had fun watching the film, and sharing popcorn.

When the film ended, you looked at each other.

-Well, that was fun – Ilhoon said, smiling at you.

-Yes it was – you answered, smiling at well.

-I guess is time for us to part? – he asked, standing up.

You bit your lip, you didn’t want this to end as well.

-Ilhoon… - you asked, standing up too, giving him his cap – would you like to have dinner with me? We could go to a restaurant, or we could go to my place and I could cook something.

He looked back at you, a smile growing on his face.

-I would like to try your homemade cooking – he answered.

You nodded and you both went back to your apartment, which was closer to the cinema than your workplace was.

You entered the code in your door, and invited Ilhoon to enter, he did, and after taking off his shoes he went to the living room.

-Ok, what would you like to eat? – you asked, he shrugged.

-I don’t really mind – he answered.

-Fine then, but don’t be picky afterwards – you scolded.

He laughed and nodded.

-Do you want me to help you? – Ilhoon asked.

-Mmmmh…you can set the table if you want.

After a while, dinner was ready, and you served it, Ilhoon took his phone and typed something.

-I’m telling Eunkwang hyung that I’m having dinner with you – he said, answering to your unasked question.

You simply nodded and placed a full dish in front of him.

-Enjoy!

-This smells awesome Ha In-ah – he said sniffing the food, you giggled.

-Stop playing with your food and eat it – you scolded.

-Arasso, arasso – he said, and took a bite, his eyes widened, and he looked at you before looking back at his plate – wow! This tastes great! I can’t believe you are this skilled at cooking.

-Wae? Is it so hard to believe? – you said smiling cheekily.

He shrugged his shoulders, and kept eating, you both had a lot of fun, you ate, chatted, and shared memories from your childhood, well, he did, and you dodged as well as you could his questions, not wanting to tell him too much about your life as a kid, though you shared with him as much as you could from your time at Chicago.

Eventually, you both finished your dinner, and he helped you clean the dishes, you were trying to put back a bowl in the shelf, but it was beyond your reach, you struggled to put it back, tiptoeing, and stretching your arm as much as you could, but it wasn’t enough, until another hand took the bowl and returned it to its place, you turned around to see an extreme close up of Ilhoon’s face, you gulped, and noticed how his Adam’s apple went up and down as well, still, instead of stepping back, he leaned closer to you, your noses brushing, you tried to take a step back, but you were already leaning against the counter, trapped against it and Ilhoon’s body.

-Il…Ilhoon – you muttered.

You saw him biting his lips, looking at your face.

-Ha In-ah…I… - he stuttered, clearing his throat – I know I shouldn’t do this…but I just…

He leaned even closer, closing his eyes, you didn’t know what to do, you wanted to push him away, but your body would not move, your breath quickened and your heartbeat increased, your eyes closed as well, as if your body and your mind wanted different things, you felt yourself leaning closer to Ilhoon, you panicked.

*No, no, no, this can’t be….my first kiss…it was meant to be for someone I love!* you thought *I like Ilhoon, but I’m sure I don’t want him that way*

But it was too late for you to do something, and then, when his lips were almost brushing yours, a song blasted in the kitchen.

You both jumped, and Ilhoon retreated, his eyes wide, as if realising what he had almost done, he took his phone, and answered.

-Nae? – he said panting – nae….I’ll be right there hyung…

After he hung up, you felt him looking at you, yet you couldn’t bring yourself  to look back at him, your cheeks red, and your heart still beating quickly.

He cleared his throat.

-hmmm…I’ll be leaving now, if that’s OK with you…hyung said it’s already late….and the managers didn’t know about me going out so….

You nodded absentmindedly, and accompanied him to the door.

-I had a good time with you, Ha In….we should…well….good night Ha In – he said, you weakly smiled at him, your mind somewhere else, he left, and you closed the door.

You stayed staring at the door for a while, spacing out, trying to process what had just happened, somehow you found that your body had managed to drag itself to bed, you turned around, and

Please log in to read the full chapter