26 Last Chapter

Falling for an idol
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Oh dear are you sure you want to do this? – my grandma asked worried.

-Of course I am, granny

-There really is no need, you shouldn’t listen to what he said.

-Grandma, we’ve talked about it – I interrupted – I’ve made a decision.

I heard my grandmother sigh on the other side of the line.

-Well then…

-Go to bed grandma, it’s already late there.

-Good night sweetie.

-Goodnight.

I hanged up the phone and sat on my bed,  I stood there for a while, staring at the wall with a blank mind, I was so absorbed in my contemplation of the wall I didn’t realise my phone was ringing until it fell from my night stand.

-Peniel?

-You girl! Why aren’t you opening the door?

-What? – I asked, heading towards the door, at the same time, someone started knocking the door powerfully.

I opened the door shouting.

-Jesus Christ! Do you intend to knock my door off?

Peniel laughed at me.

-What?

-Nothing, your accent is so funny when you get pissed.

I stared at him blankly.

-Laugh at my accent again and imma kick your , bro

He laughed once again, and entered.

-What were you doing? You must have been busy if you didn’t hear me.

He walked towards my room, and I rushed in after him.

-Peniel wait!

-Ha In…what on earth does this mean?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

I paced up and down the living room, my hyungs’ eyes following me.

-For lord’s sake call her already!  - Ilhoon-hyung exclaimed, throwing a pillow at me.

I dodged it and answered.

-Should I? Perhaps she needs to be alone…

-Call her! – Hyunsik and Changsub-hyung shouted at the same time.

I jumped startled.

-You should call her Sungjae-ah – I looked at Minhyuk-hyung, surprised he had finally talked, he had been really absent ever since he came back from Sukira yesterday – she isn’t OK, and she would be better if you were around to cheer her up.

I nodded and took my phone out of my pocket while eyeing hyung, he hadn’t been too well these days.

-Yes? – Ha In answered.

-Ha In-ah! – I said surprised she had answered so quickly.

-Hello Sungjae-ah – she said.

-Ermm….  – I said

-Yeeees….? – she giggled.

-Would you like to go for a walk and… I don’t know, to eat something? – I asked.

-Ermmm…yeah sure! –she said – I will be around in like half an hour.

-Fine, see you – I said smiling.

I hanged up and sighed relieved.

-Was that so hard? – Ilhoon asked sarcastically, rising a brow.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

-So, so, so fuuuuull! – Sungjae exclaimed patting his belly.

-No wonder, you almost ate half the menu – I laughed – if you keep eating like that you will end up having to diet again before your comeback.

He shrugged.

-I don’t gain weigh that easily, plus, we aren’t going for a manly y concept this time – he answered making quote marks on the air.

-Jeongmal? Then what?

-Well…this time is more like… - he stopped and looked at me narrowing his eyes – eeeeeeiiiish! Stop trying to get information about our comeback out of me!

He pushed me softly and I stuck my tongue out at him.

-What can I do? The wait is killing meeee! – I glared at him when he started laughing.

We kept going on like that, he teasing me and I stomping annoyed like a kid, until we reached my flat.

We stopped by the door, and I noticed how Sungjae’s expression had changed radically, mine too.

Peniel’s words echoed in  my mind “You are free to do whatever you want and you know I will always help you, but you should tell Sungjae yourself”

-I need to talk to you – we both said at the same time.

I smiled awkwardly but Sungjae cleared his throat and asked.

-Mind if I go first?

I nodded.

He bit his lip as he thought how to speak up his mind.

-Ha In…if I told you that I love you, what would you answer?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Her eyes shot wide opened in utter surprise.

-Well that I lo….

-The truth Ha In, seriously.

She opened and closed it once again, unable to speak up her mind.

-Just what I was guessing – I muttered.

-Sungjae I’m sorry….

-Don’t be! This is my fault – I interrupted before she had the time to continue.

 

She furrowed her brows.

“-Are you going to fall asleep again? – I teased as I saw Ha In nodding off.

She looked at me apologetically.

-You mind if I do? I am so full, you ordered too much, as always – she said, poking my stomach.

I laughed and protected my tummy against her attacks.

-Do as you want, that way I will be able to play a little bit without you being bored – he smirked and crossed the room to turn on the Play Station.

-Are you seriously going to play? – she asked, one brow raised.

-Why not? I am doing you a favour you know? You have this here getting covered by dust, at least now it has me to take care of it!

She chuckled and I looked at her from the side of my eyes, supressing a smile as I continued my act.

-Anyway, what was the point in buying a Play Station if you don’t even like video games? – I asked.

-I didn’t buy it, Peniel gave it to me as a gift – she answered.

I looked at her feigning indignation.

-Since when does Peniel give away such expensive gifts?

Once again she laughed.

-It was his old one, he didn’t buy it for me you jealous maknae! – she softly punched me on the arm.

-Ok, ok, come on go on and take your nap! – I urged as I focused in the about to start game.

-Naeee! – she answered, as she placed her head on a pillow on the other edge of the sofa.

 

It was when I had been playing for a while that it happened.

In her sleep, Ha In started stirring, and mumbling things in English I didn’t understand.

I looked at her and smiled.

-She is a sleeptalker huh? – I eyed how she moved around and then snapped my head back to the TV startled – oh crap! I got killed!

-Wait! – I suddenly heard, and I thought I had woken her up.

I turned around once again to see her still deeply sleeping.

-Jeez she also speaks in Korean when she sleeps? I got such a fright – I sighed, a hand on my chest.

-Please – she said with a broken voice – please don’t go away.

-Ha In? – I asked, getting closer to her.

It looked as if she was having a nightmare, she had probably eaten too much with me.

I looked hesitantly at her, wondering if I should try to wake her up, though I also was curious about what was she dreaming of.

-Please don’t leave me alone! – she said, louder this time, she was definitely about to cry, was it a nightmare about her dad?

-Please, Minhyuk-shi

My eyes opened at the same time as my mouth did…she was dreaming of hyung?

-Minhyuk-shi please, I love you….

-Ha In-ah, Ha In-ah wake up – I said suddenly, shaking her shoulder.

She opened her eyes startled.

-Wha…What is it? – she asked, sitting up straight.

-You were having a nightmare – I muttered, still shocked.

-Was…was I? – she asked, I looked up, she looked utterly confused.

-You don’t remember?

She shook her head, absent minded, obviously making an effort to remember her dream.

-I never remember what I dream, it’s been like that since I was a kid – she answered.

-Oh I see – was that a good or a bad thing? Was her subconscious trying to tell her what her mind didn’t yet know?

-Are you OK? You don’t look too well – she asked, staring at my face.

-Yeah I’m fine, I just think I have eaten too much too – I muttered standing up – I think I should go home already, it’s getting late.

-Oh – she muttered, standing up too – well, goodbye then Sungjae-ah.

I nodded and left her flat.”

That was the day our relationship changed, at first I decided not to care about it, I knew Ha In wasn’t cheating on me, I wasn’t worried about that, and after all, a dream is just a dream right?

But I guess unconsciously I also started to pay closer attention to Minhyuk-hyung, it was then when I realised how depressed he looked, going back in memory, I realised how depressed he had been all this time…could it be…could it be he loved Ha In?

Now more than never I had started thinking he did, I didn’t think about it when her father appeared, or when he brought her from the gym, but now… I remember his face when the other hyungs asked him if Ha In was going to leave…how could have I been so blind?

-Listen Ha In-ah – I said, looking at Ha In in the eyes, I had been thinking a lot about a lot of stuff lately, and it was time for me to speak up, before this brought only suffering to all of us – I don’t think this is working.

She went pale all of sudden.

-Are…are you breaking up with me? – she asked, her voice weak.

-I think it’s the best thing – I answered, looking down, I couldn’t keep looking at her in the eyes, it was killing me.

-Ha..Have I done anything wrong? I don’t un… - she started, her voice was shaky and made my heart clench, the last thing I wanted was to hurt her.

-N

Please log in to read the full chapter