23

Falling for an idol
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Just promise me you won’t push me away.

-I won’t.

I stumbled backwards as the couple leaned in for another kiss, my back hit the door, I was too shocked to even care about the noise, but they didn’t seem to notice.

I opened the door and got out.

I could feel the shock all over my body as the lift went down.

-Minhyuk-ah did you get your phone back?- Eunkwang asked as I reached the street.

I was still speechless, my mouth was dry, and I’m not too sure about what my face was showing, but I simply shook my head.

-Minhyuk-ah was wrong? – he asked, now completely concerned.

I opened my mouth a few times trying to talk, but words wouldn’t come out, instead, I was starting to feel that now way too familiar oppressive feeling in my chest, my lips started to tremble, so I bit them and pressed my eyes closed before they had the time to start shedding tears.

-Minhyuk…- Eunkwang said, my eyes were still closed, so I couldn’t see him, but I felt his hand grabbing my arm and guiding me through the street.

We went to an empty park, and sat down in a bench, by then I was already a mess of repressed sobs.

-Okay Minhyuk shhh, calm down okay? Breath- he started taking deep breaths so I would mimic him.

I followed his instructions and my sobs slowly died down.

-Now- Eunkwang started –will you tell me what happened?

-It’s…It’s a nonsense, I’m a complete stupid for reacting like that.

-I can’t follow you if you don’t tell me what on earth is going on, Minhyuk.

I took a deep breath before answering.

-I…I entered the house to get my phone and before I could say anything I saw them…kissing.

I bit my lip again.

-Listen….- he started.

-No need to say it, I told you I was stupid for behaving like this- I  said before he had the time to say anything else –they are dating it was just a matter of time.

-You say all that, but obviously you don’t believe it.

I sighed.

-It’s just that I…

I looked around trying to think of a way to put down in words what I was feeling.

-I somehow kept believing I had a chance, after what happened with her father, we got so close, I won’t be able to forget what it feels like having her between my arms, and when I saw her with Sungjae right now, it’s just that reality crushed me.

Eunkwang sighed.

-I don’t know what to say.

-There’s nothing to say, I just have to get through it.

-But you’re not going to get away from her, are you?

-I swear I want, I really want to be able to let go, I was decided before, and then her father appeared and I found her in that alleyway crying and I…aishh! – I shouted frustrated – why does all this have to be so hard?

-Love is always hard Minhyuk-ah- Eunkwang replied softly.

-It doesn’t seem that way- I answered bitterly –some people seem to be able to get the perfect girl.

-Sungjae has also been troubled- he said.

I scoffed.

-I would give anything to have all the troubles he is bearing with if that means I can have Ha In by my side.

-I don’t think you would.

I looked at him, brows arched.

-Listen, you don’t know what it was like for us when that man appeared, you knew who he was, you knew what was going on.

He paused, I didn’t talk so he would continue.

-When you called saying you had found her and that she wanted to be alone in her flat it was…let’s say hard to keep both Peniel and Sungjae from running there, the only thing that made them feel kind of relieved was the fact that you had told us that she was fine, and that you would stay there just in case. That’s when Peniel explained us what was going on, and I can assure you it blew our minds, none of us did even imagine something like that was happening to her, she always looked so cheery, she even managed to fool Peniel.

-She was trying too hard- I muttered under my breath.

Eunkwang looked at me.

-Yeah…Sungjae also r

Please log in to read the full chapter