25

Falling for an idol
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Ha In-ah…did you hear me? – I asked, my arm slowly reaching to grab her hand.

-Oh look the two sweethearts are here! – Ilhoon suddenly appeared, followed by the rest of the members, I looked at them surprised, but they were all staring at Ha In, her eyes still fixed somewhere far away from us.

-Ha In are you alright? – Minhyuk-hyung asked.

She didn’t answer, and I gave hyung a pleading look, expecting him to be able to bring back some sanity into my girlfriend.

-Ha In, what’s wrong? – Peniel took a step forward, and crouched next to her, shaking softly her shoulder – what is it?

She finally reacted to her first language, and looked back at him, she looked truly confused.

With difficulty, she started talking, she spoke in English, and explained Peniel whatever her grandmother had said, I didn’t understand anything but a few words, and both Peniel and Minhyuk-hyung faces made clear that something bad was going on, what was it? Did her grandma also want her to go back home? I heard the word dad, so it definitely had something to do with him…I was just so lost.

Suddenly, Ha In stood up with Peniel.

-What is it? Where are you going Ha In-ah? – I asked.

-I am going home Sungjae-ah, I need to calm down a bit, and think….I will see you later, okay? – she said, and hugged me before leaving the cafeteria with Peniel, who apparently, was giving her a lift.

I followed them with my eyes, and then turned around to join the rest of the members, who had surrounded Minhyuk-hyung, eager as me to know what had happened.

-Apparently her grandmother called her to tell her that her dad had had a heart attack – Minhyuk-hyung said, sitting where Ha In had been sitting not that long ago, also playing with the spoon between his hands.

-Wow – Ilhoon muttered – is he…?

-For what I’ve heard he is stable…but things don’t look too good – hyung answered, his eyes fixed on the spoon.

-Minhyuk-ah – Eunkwang called – is she going to leave?

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

-Minhyuk-ah , is she going to leave?

The question I didn’t want to ask myself came, and I bit the insides of my cheeks to keep myself from reacting in any way.

-I…I don’t know – I answered, tightening the grip on the spoon, my knuckles turning white – I don’t know what she is going to do.

Would she really leave? For how long would she leave if she did? Would I be able to let her go? I don’t think I would be able to see her go towards the man who had pained her that much throughout all these years, just the thought of it hurt so much it made me breathless.

-She won’t go right? – Ilhoon suddenly said – she would have to be crazy to do so, you saw her dad right? He even said she wasn’t his daughter anymore.

-But it’s her father nonetheless – Hyunsik intervened – I don’t think she will be able to completely ignore her father in such a situation.

-That’s true – Changsub said – but still….

I couldn’t stand it, I couldn’t stand there doing nothing, hearing them calmly talk about that man…about the possibility of her going back to him…it made me sick.

I abruptly stood up, startling everyone.

-Hyung where are you going? – Changsub asked.

-I left my phone upstairs – I answered, hurriedly leaving.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

I entered the dance room and sat in the furthest corner from the door and hid my head in between my arms.

Not too long had passed when I heard the door open and close, and footsteps echoed on the room, reaching the spot where I was sitting, I felt someone sitting next to me. I didn’t even bulge, I unfortunately, already knew who that person was.

-Your phone was in your pocket – Eunkwang said.

-Yes I know – I answered my voice sounding muffled, since I hadn’t changed my position a bit.

-Minhyuk…

-You’re becoming a real stalker, Eunkwang-ah, do you realise that? – I said, half laughing – you are constantly following me.

-I am worried about you – he answered with a serious voice.

-You aren’t my dad – I snapped.

-That doesn’t keep me from caring.

I didn’t answer, there was nothing I could answer.

We sat there, in silence, he didn’t ask me anything, though I knew what he wanted to say, I knew what he was worried about.

But I didn’t know if I would be able to talk about it once again, every time I talked to Eunkwang, I voiced too  many things, things that if I kept unspoken I was able to deal with, things that didn’t hurt that much if I chose to ignore them.

-I feel trapped Eunkwang – I confessed, still avoiding looking at him.

-Why?

-Every time – I gasped – every single time I try to get away from her, every time that I choose to take a step back, to let her go, something happens, and I end up running to her, desperate to help her…why is fate playing with me this way?

-Perhaps it’s just giving you opportunities – he answered.

-I already told you I am not going to try and take Ha In away from Sungjae – I said through gritted teeth, my nails sinking on my arms’ skin.

-I know that – Eunkwang sighed – but this may still be an opportunity, perhaps if she goes…

I knew what he meant, if she left, wouldn’t I be able to forget about her? Wouldn’t that be the best option?

-Even so, she can’t go back to that man, he will destroy her.

To my surprise, Eunkwang laughed.

-You really are willing to go through hell as long as she is fine, aren’t you?

I pursed my lips, looking at him for the first time ever since he entered the room.

-You already know there’s nothing I wouldn’t do for her.

-Yes I know…but if you really want to let go of her, you should stop caring about Ha In so much.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

-Okay! We are here Ha In-ah! – Peniel said, pushing my house’s door open for me.

I chuckled.

-Thank youuu – I singsonged.

He smiled at me, but then his smile faded.

-Please don’t start giving me that look – I pleaded, jumping on the sofa.

-Can’t I be concerned about you? – he asked, sitting next to me, placing my stretched legs over his.

-You shouldn’t everything is fine  - I answered.

-Yeah sure it is, mind reminding me what happened last time you told me that? – he scoffed.

-Yes but this is completely different! – I said rolling my eyes – I am not being blackmailed or anything.

-Still…

-I told you, there’s nothing to worry about, grandma said she would call me if anything else happened -  I interrupted – so there’s no need for you to stay here.

-Psss, don’t give yourself so much importance will you? I wasn’t staying anyway – Peniel said, standing up while I laughed.

-Yeah sure you weren’t -  I answered walking him to the door.

-Just call me if something hap

Please log in to read the full chapter