21

Falling for an idol
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Dad – she said, in an almost inaudible voice – what…what are you doing here?

-Isn’t it obvious you stupid girl – he answered, the way he talked, his words, his voice, the way he looked at her, it all filled me with a rage that went over any description, I just wanted to take Ha In’s hand and run away to somewhere where she would be safe from that man – I told you I would come to get you, you thought I really wouldn’t? That I would let my future and the future of my companies  get ruined just for the sake of a brainless girl’s silly dreams?

She opened to talk, but no voice came from , just by looking at her I could tell how scared she really was, that was not the Ha In I knew, the strong girl that didn’t let anyone step on her was crumbling under the look of her father.

-Now – he continued – you’ve already made me waste a lot of time you’re not worth of just by coming here, let’s get this done ,come over here already and let’s go.

-She’s not going anywhere with you! You hear me? – Peniel made his way through all of us, and by the looks of it he seemed to want to go to where Ha In’s father was standing.

-Peniel wait! – Ha In begged as she grabbed Peniel’s arm – please, just please don’t do this.

-I can’t let him take you Ha In, I simply can’t – he answered in a pleading voice.

-Peniel please, if you really are my friend, if you really care about me then don’t intervene, promise me.

-But I…

-Please.

Peniel sighed desperate, and looked intently at Ha In’s eyes.

-I promise.

-So you are the famous Peniel aren’t you? – Ha In’s father spoke this time, walking a few step towards us – the brat that spoiled my kid and filled her mind with nonsense.

Peniel looked as if he was about to answer, but Ha In pushed him back with the rest and talked.

-Let him out of this dad, he’s got nothing to do with it.

-Well finally you are talking, what a relief, and now, come on, start moving.

-I’m not going anywhere.

I looked at the suited man, as rage became more and more evident in his face, I was scared, scared of what it could possibly happen to Ha In, scared of what this man could do to her.

-Listen closely to me -  he said with a threatening voice – I’ve given you enough chances already, and I’m sick and tired of your attitude, you are going to come with me, either  you want or not, YOU HEARD ME!?!?!?!

Silence followed, and I could see how Ha In trembled under her father’s authority, I could feel how the other members were confused.

-Hyung, hyung what is going on? – I heard Sungjae ask Peniel – who is that man?

No one answered him though.

-No – this time, Ha In’s voice was louder and stronger.

-Excuse me?

-I said I’m not going with you – she answered.

-Just who the you think you are you stupid girl? -  he shouted as he walked forwards – you are no one, no one you hear me! Without me as a backup you have nothing!

Before any of us could react, he grabbed her wrist and dragged her away.

My eyes opened widely in fear, no, no, she couldn’t go away from me, that man couldn’t drag her away.

I jumped forward, ready to make Ha In stay by all means, but a pair of arms grabbed me and made it impossible for me to move.

-Minhyuk-ah, calm down, calm down and think – Eunkwang whispered.

Ha In, on the other hand, got rid of his father’s grasp.

-Just leave me alone will you? –she shouted, her voice breaking in the otherwise silent hall – I don’t want to do anything with you! Don’t you understand? Can’t you see that I hate you and the family I belong to more than any other thing on this world? Are you so focused on yourself that you are blind to see how desperate I am to get rid of all you want to make me live with? I don’t belong to you, I am not a pawn you can use, and I want to be FREE!

SMACK

Ha In stumbled and almost fell to the floor, and I fought against Eunkwang’s arms which kept me from moving.

I was mad, I was furious, and all I could think was about killing the bastard that had dared to touch Ha In, he, her father, had just hit her.

I desperately tried to get rid of Eunkwang as he struggled to keep me in my spot, by my side, I could see how Hyunsik was trying to stop Peniel, who also had his eyes focused on Ha In’s father, the angriest I had ever seen him.

Her father, on the other hand, red with rage, was looking at his daughter, as he stepped closer and closer to her, and a wave of fear washed over me, those eyes weren’t those of a sane person, and I truly believed she was in danger, why didn’t the others see it? Why didn’t anyone rush to help her? Why didn’t Eunkwang let me? I was so frustrated, so desperate to break free and protect the girl I loved from that horrendous man…

A low strangled and agonising sound left my throat, I was almost at the verge of tears, and fought against Eunkwang’s iron grip.

Finally, that monster reached her and grabbed her by the hair, forcing her to look directly into his eyes.

-You want to be free? Are you so desperate to forget about your family, about me? Fine, do as you like. You.are.no.longer.my.daughter – he spat, and threw Ha In to the floor.

She stumbled and finally hit the cold floor. For a moment, no one moved.

Her father left the building, and we all stared at Ha In almost without breathing.

She raised herself slowly, her back towards us, and, with much difficulty stood up.

-Ha In-ah – Sungjae spoke.

But she started running towards the exit, and disappeared.

Not a second had passed since she crossed the door and I had finally gotten rid of Eunkwang, who followed me, along with the rest of BtoB to the street.

-Where did she go? – Peniel asked, looking around.

-I don’t know – Sungjae answered, he was visibly confused, and also worried.

-Let’s split up and look for her, if someone finds her call the rest and we will see each other in the dorm OK? – Eunkwang suggested.

-Perfect, Sungjae why don’t you go to her house? See if she’s there and if not keep searching, Hyunsik and I will go to… – Changsub started.

He had not finished what he was saying and I was already running, I ran and ran with no particular aim, I don’t know for how long, loosing track of time as I desperately searched through the streets, then it started raining and I stopped, looking at the sky.

Stop, Minhyuk, stop and think, where could see have possibly gone?

She is crying, alone, scared and hurt, but she is also angry, think Minhyuk, think….

She doesn’t like people seeing her when she cries, she wants to be alone, her house? No, she knows we would go there.

It’s raining, but she doesn’t mind the rain, no, she likes it, so she isn’t in a building.

Think Minhyuk, think, an isolated place, close to the agency…

And then it hit me, I turned around, and went back on my steps, until I finally found the place I had been looking for, it was a small alleyway,  not too far away from the agency, and there she was, drenched, curled up in a sobbing ball.

-Ha In – I muttered, and kneeled next to her – don’t worry Ha In, everything is alright, it’s all over.

She looked up at me, blinking the tears away so she could see me.

-Min…Minhyuk-shi? – she asked confused.

-Yes it’s me – I answered relieved - are you alright, did he hurt you anywhere?

 I pulled her into a sitting position, and very carefully brushed the hair away from her face, the cheek where her father had hit her was red and swollen.

-Ha In, please answer me – I begged – are you hurt?

-My…my wrist hurts a bit – she answered, slowly lifting it.

I took her wrist between my hands as carefully as I could, and took a look at it, a bruise was starting to appear.

I carefully manipulated it.

-Does it hurt here? – I asked, she flinched – sorry…

She shook her head.

-Don’t worry about it, anyway it seems as if this wrist is fated to be bruised.

She laughed a bit and I looked at her confused.

I looked back at her hand, mine holding her wrist, and I remembered.

 

-Minhyuk-shi!! I’m so very sorry, I…- she said as she tried to clean my shirt with a napkin.

I grabbed her wrist, I was angry, what had she just done?

-Forget it, it’s already ruined, there’s no way of cleaning this- I answered through gritted teeth, my grip tightening, her hand started to shake.

-Hyung! Stop it! You’re hurting her!!- Peniel said, half standing up.

I looked down to look at her wrist inside my hand, my knuckles were white because of the strength, just what was wrong with me? I immediately let go of her.

She rubbed her wrist, had I hurt her too much?

 

-I’m sorry, I’m really sorry about that

Please log in to read the full chapter