11

Falling for an idol
Please log in to read the full chapter

-I like you Kang Ha In.

You didn’t answer, you felt your throat dry and you were almost sure you had heard wrong.

-Do you understand now why I couldn’t tell you? – he asked, his voice breaking – I like you, a lot, much more than I should, and I know you don’t feel the same, I know you can´t accept my feelings, and that’s why I kept quiet the whole time, that’s why I acted as your friend, doing silly things and acting all carefree, I was just trying to hide what I felt, but….I just can’t do it anymore! Do you know how much it hurts? Do you know how much it hurts knowing you don’t see me the way I see you? Do you know how hard it is to keep all my jealousy to myself when you get too close to another guy? 

Tears stained his beautiful face, and you felt yourself crying too, you had never realised realized, not even once….Pain crept all the way through your body, and clenched your heart, you didn’t know how to act, what to say, you just knew you wanted to make him happy again.

Sungjae calmed down, and stared at you, his eyes filled with sorrow.

-I’m sorry Ha In-ah, I didn’t want you to see me like that…I’ll go first then – he gave you a broken smile and walked towards the door – I swear everything will be as it was before.

And he left you alone in the room.

……………………………………………………

Weeks flew by, and the day for BtoB’s comeback arrived.

After Sungjae confessed to you, you hadn’t showed up in the CUBE ever again, you were busy with exams, and you didn’t know how to act in front of him, his anguish pained you so much you had cried yourself to sleep that night, and remorse haunted you, yet you couldn’t bring yourself to call him, your heart beat painfully when you thought about him.

Still, it was their comeback day, and you had to be there to cheer for them, so you dressed all nicely, and decided to bake something for them.

You talked to their manager in order to give them a surprise before their stage, that’s how you managed to get in the backstage, and made your way to their waiting room.

Their voices and excited shouts were heard from outside, and you couldn’t help but to smile.

You knocked on the door.

-Yes?? – Ilhoon opened the door, and his face lit up when he saw you.

-Ha In-ah? – you waved at him.

-Ha In-ah you’ve come!! – Peniel pushed Ilhoon away and hugged you.

-Yes I have, and looked what I’ve brought!! – you escaped Peniel’s bone crushing hug and showed him the cupcakes box.

-I’ve never loved you more than I do now – he said as he snatched the box from your hands.

-Should I take that as a compliment? – you laughed – I guessed since you’re already done with your diet you would like to try these.

-Thank you Ha In-ah – Hyunsik said smiling widely to you.

-So guys are you nervous? – you asked.

-No, not really – Ilhoon answered nonchalantly.

-Don’t listen to him, he didn’t sleep at all tonight – Changsub said secretively.

-Hyung! – Ilhoon protested.

You laughed and turned around to look at the boys.

-Where’s Sungjae? – you asked, noticing the maknae wasn’t there.

An uncomfortable silence followed, proving they all new knew about your current situation.

-He went to get his contact lenses, he forgot to put them on before – Minhyuk answered, you looked at him for the first time in a while, he looked as handsome as always, his face as cold as it used to be.

-Contacts? – you asked, acting normally, glad the walls around your heart were as safe as they could be.

-Yep we are wearing them, as an accessory to our concept – Ilhoon answered, pointing to his dual coloured eyes.

-Yeah I noticed those…You were scary on the MV you know? – you said to him.

-Oh did I? – he laughed – I thought I looked handsome.

-Yeah well, you did too, though Peniel was the most handsome – you teased, as Peniel gave you a satisfied nod.

-Hyungs I finally got them! – the door flew opened and Sungjae came inside the room shaking the box in his hand, he froze on place when he saw you.

A few seconds passed, and you saw how his face changed, too quickly to decipher his expressions.

-Oh! Annyong Ha In-ah! – he then greeted cheerfully – you finally came! We thought you had grown sick of us.

He pouted and you stared at him wide eyed, then you remembered what he had said to you the last time you talked.

-How could I? I was just busy, but I would never miss my favourite band comeback, especially if I can get in the backstage….

-Aigoo! Are you turning into a sasaeng all suddenly! – he acted all scared and then talked to Peniel – you better keep an eye on her, EXO is around here too.

You played along and turned to face Hyunsik.

-That’s true! Hyunsik you knew D.O right?

-Andwae! – Peniel shouted – you’re staying away from all those hormone filled guys, understood?

You all laughed.

There wasn’t much time left for their live stage, and the atmosphere was growing tenser each second, even you were feeling nervous.

-Aish jinja! This bloody thing! – you heard someone curse.

It was Sungjae, he seemed to have trouble with his contacts.

You looked around, but everyone seemed to be busy getting the last touch of makeup, fixing their hair or practicing some part of the song.

-Sungjae, are you alright? – you asked getting closer to him.

He looked at you.

-Yeah, I’m alright, just having some trouble to put these on.

-Do you want me to help you? – you asked without thinkin

Please log in to read the full chapter