3

Falling for an idol
Please log in to read the full chapter

The day after, you woke up from your “little” nap, you mumbled while you searched around your flat looking for your phone, your watch, or something that could tell you what time it was.

Finally you found your phone, buried under a pile of books, you checked the time, it was 7.30 pm, you rubbed your eyes sleepily, then stopped, then checked the time again, you jumped and started shouting like there was no tomorrow.

 -SO LATEEEE….PENIEL’S KILLING ME!!!!

That’s what basically you kept screaming while you showered, brushed your teeth, and combed your hair.

You dived into your wardrobe looking for something to wear, you decided to keep it simple, since it was Peniel you were going to have dinner with you didn’t need to wear anything fancy, or so you thought.

So you took your skinny jeans and a hoodie, you tied your shoes and sprinted towards BtoB’s dorm, praying for Peniel to have also overslept.

For the looks on his face you could tell he hadn’t.

-Peniel! I’m….i’m- you panted heavily, since you hadn’t stopped running all the way from your house, you bent your  waist and rested your hands on your thighs –sorry…I overslept.

-No joke you dummy-he said, gently pushing you while you still struggled for air.

-Come on, the members must already be worried.

Your head darted up the moment you heard his words.

 

-Members?

                                                                                          

You stood right in front of a crowded table in the restaurant, a grin plastered on your face while you secretly cursed Peniel. *He could have told that when he said we he meant the whole WE!!*

Someone pulled your sleeve, and you looked down, to see a happy Sungjae looking at you almost like a child.

-Aren’t you going to sit?

-Ah…yes- you looked around awkwardly, just to see that there were no free seats next to Peniel.

Sungjae pulled your sleeve again.

-Come on                           !! Sit here!!- he said, pointing the seat right in front of him.

Right next to the red haired boy, fantastic.

You took one stepped forward and cleared your throat.

The red haired boy looked at you.

-You mind if I sit here?- you asked.

He didn’t answer and just kept coldly staring at you, but didn’t do anything that signalled he didn’t want you to sit, so you just sat there, as far away from him as you could.

-                              what do you want to eat??- Sungjae asked.

-Mmmm…I don’t really know, you see I haven’t tried too much Korean food yet- you smiled apologetically.

-That’s great!!, then we could share this, and this, oh you also have to try this- he said cheerfully pointing out dishes from the menu.

-Isn't that too much food?- you asked laughing at his behaviour.

-Don’t worry the maknae eats a lot, you will have to hurry up and eat before he cleans the dishes- Ilhoon said, slightly turning his chair, so he could face you better.

-Hyung!! Don go saying that kind of things, it's embarrassing!!- he said elbowing him softly.

You laughed again, it was really easy to be with those two.

After you told the waitress what you wanted to eat, both Ilhoon and Sungjae started to ask you questions about both your life and your relationship with Peniel.

-So, where are you from?- Sungjae asked –it’s obvious that you’re not Korean, are you from Chicago?

-No not really, from London actually.

-Woaaah! You’re English?? Then how come you met Peniel??- Ilhoon asked.

-I went to study my first years of high school to Chicago, and I stayed at Peniel’s house.

-I see, that’s how you two got that close?

-Yep, at first it was horrible, he would not leave me alone, pulling pranks at me…god I hated him so much…

-Hey!! I can hear you, you know?- Peniel shouted, frowning.

You stucked your tongue out at him and turned around to face Sungjae and Ilhoon again.

-But eventually we got to know each other and now he’s my beloved big brother- you smirked at the satisfied face of Peniel.

-Then he’s older than you?

You nodded.

-I’m a 95 liner.

-Jinja? I’m a 95 liner too!!- Sungjae yelled excitedly.

You chuckled.

-Yes, I know.

-Then let’s be friends, ok                            -ah?- he said excitedly, struggling to properly pronounce your name.

-Hahahaha!, sure let’s be good friends, and you can call me by my Korean name if you have trouble pronouncing the English one.

(A/N: ok, I’m making up the Korean name thingy because it’s a pain to do the                                 stuff everytime they talk to “you”, I’m actually using my Korean name, but bear with it kay ^^’?)

-You already know your Korean name?- asked Changsub, who had clearly been eavesdropping from his seat beside the red haired boy.

-Nae, when I was living at Peniel’s, his mother told me –I said smiling, as all the boys started paying attention to me, except, of course, the one sitting right by my side, who seemed very interested in the bowl of rice placed in front of him.

-Ah yes, I remember that day- Peniel said, swallowing what he had just stuffed in his mouth –wasn’t it the day you broke your pants at school??

You choked on your food, and glared at Peniel, while the rest of the members bursted out laughing, even your silent companion (A/N: a.k.a the red haired boy) seemed to smirk a bit, which made you feel even more irritated.

-That’s not funny at all- you hissed under your breath, your voice breaking because of embarrassment, trying not to tear up at the infuriating situation.

Through the corner of your eye you could see the raid hair boy turning his face at you, *Has he heard me?* you thought *or is he just going to make fun of me??*

You never knew, because in the moment he seemed like he was about to say something, Sungjae’s voice interrupted.

-Sorry, it’s just that the situation…

-Yes, I know, I would laugh too if I were you- you smiled tensely.

-But what happened? I mean…how did you…?- asked Ilhoon wiping some tears away from his cheeks, he seemed like he had teared up from too much laughing.

-Some classmates decided to play a prank on me since I was the new weirdo of the school- you said, your face darkening.

-But anyway, that’s not we were talking about right?- Peniel said, changing topic as he noticed how you were approaching some memories you didn’t want to reveal –the thing is that as a distraction my mom started teaching her Korean related things, she even taught her how to cook some basic dishes…

-Yeah but I forgot the recipes- you pouted, making the boys around the table laugh again, this time because of your cuteness, even your silent companion giggled a bit, or so you thought.

-Then what is your Korean name?- Hyunsik asked from the other side of the table.

-Kang Ha In –you answered smiling.

-Kang Ha In?? That’s a pretty name- Eunkwang said.

-Yes it is, almost as pretty as you- Ilhoon said, winking at you, causing you to choke again, as a wave of laughter covered the table again.

-Then I can call you like that? Kang Ha In?- Sungjae asked while his hyungs kept laughing (the red haired one had gone back to staring the rice)

You frowned and made an annoyed expression, which surprised Sungjae.

-Yah! I thought we were friends, what’s with the formalities Sungjae-ah??

S

Please log in to read the full chapter