22

Falling for an idol
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Ha In-ah!! Are you OK? Does it hurt a lot? – was what first came out of Peniel’s mouth as he whined like a puppy, the moment he broke into Ha In’s room.

She jumped on her place, startled, and I bit my lip in order not to laugh.

-Has hyung taken good care of you? – he asked the way a worried mum would.

She nodded and smiled widely, and I smiled too, a warm feeling spreading all over my chest.

-Ha In-ah – suddenly a voice came from the door, followed by Sungjae, well good bye warm feeling.

-Sungjae-ah – she greeted.

-How are you feeling? – he asked, placing his hand on her forehead.

-She is fine now – I answered – the fever is down, her wrist is a bit sore but it’s nothing to worry about, and I put ice on her cheek, it should be perfect in a few days.

-Thank you Minhyuk-hyung – Peniel said deeply grateful.

-No need to thank me, she’s my dongsaeng too – I muttered.

We had lunch all together in Ha In’s flat, Peniel told us the rest didn’t come because they thought it would be better for her to rest, I couldn’t agree more, the less the better.

Unfortunately, that statement was working against me.

It had to be around 5 p.m, when I started to nod off.

-Hyung, are you OK? – Sungjae asked.

-Huh…? Yes I’m perfectly fine… - I was interrupted by a yawn.

-Hyung have you slept at all tonight? – Peniel asked, clearly eyeing the shadows under my eyes.

-Yeah…well…kind of – I answered.

-Minhyuk-shi why did you stay up all night? You should take care of yourself! – Ha In scolded, I was happy to see she was worried.

But how could I worry about myself when she was sick? Even if I had tried, I would not have been able to sleep, not when she could wake up and need something.

-It’s fine! I’m used to it – I said, laughing.

-Hyung perhaps you should back to the dorms with Sungjae, I can stay and take care of Ha In-ah – Peniel suggested.

-No, you two go back, I will stay behind with her – Sungjae said.

I bit my lip, I didn’t want to leave, but it would be weird if I insisted too much, I was tired, and after all, she had now Peniel and Sungjae, she didn’t need me at all…

-Okay then, I will be going – I said and stood up – take care Ha In.

While I was putting my shoes on I heard Peniel and Sungjae argue about who was staying.

-Hyung, you go back, I need to talk with Ha In.

That was weird….What was he planning? There was something weird about that serious tone of Sungjae…Suddenly leaving seemed an even worse idea, but there was nothing I could do.

-Ok hyung let’s go! – Peniel said as I opened the door.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

-Do you need anything? Water or something? – Sungjae asked as he as he fluffed my pillows.

-Calm down Sungjae-ah, I’m not sick or anything, I can do stuff on my own – I laughed – in fact what about we watch a movie or something? I’m sick of being in my bedroom.

I stood up.

-Careful! – he warned, arms ready in case I fell.

-I told you I’m fine! – I said laughing again.

I managed to walk to the living room, despite Sungjae watching my every step, he didn’t allow me to put the DVD on the DVD player, so I just watched him doing it with a scowl on my face.

-You should stop treating me like this, it makes me feel as if I am agonizing or something – I complained when he sat next to me.

-Well you’ve gone through a harsh experience, it’s only normal we worry about you right? – there was something about his voice that made me feel uneasy, was he pissed?

I didn’t say a word throughout the movie, but I knew for sure there was something wrong with him, he didn’t talk at all, he didn’t comment or laughed, or interact with me in any way as he usually did,

Please log in to read the full chapter