[Kai] Christmas Day

“EXO ♥” ✎ ONESHOT SCENARIO COLLECTION

All I want for Christmas is You

barista au x reader (Y/N)

Pairing: Kai x Reader (one shot)

Genre: Fluff x Romance 

Word count: 1.1k

A/N: Omg I really hope you love it girl!! This was inspired by the new exo teasers! HAHA have a wonderful Christmas my love! I hope this didn't disappoint! Love you lots <3

 ______________________________________________

“Next please!” Jongin exclaimed while patting the bottom of the cylinder-shaped metal can, containing chocolate powder to sprinkle over the hot chocolate placed in front of him. 

“Hi, can I please have a hmm…” An unsure female voice murmurs and he rolls his eyes in annoyance without lifting his head, not bothering to look at the customer ordering.

“Is that mine?” The male customer who ordered previously says while pointing at the hot chocolate in his hands. Jongin looks up at him with a warm smile nodding his head while placing a take lid on top of the drink before placing the hot drink in front of him gently.

“Yes, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!”

The customer does not return his smile or say anything back at him at all for that matter. His face is emotionless as he grasps onto his hot beverage, pulling it out of Jongin hands before skimming off. He sighs to himself audibly watching his rude strut off, eyes slimming into a small glare.

“Can I have an uh-” He feels irritation begin to build up in his veins as he forces him to turn his head to the side, finally coming face-to-face with the female customer ordering next. Jongin’s eyes widen in shock at the beautiful girl in front of him. Her gorgeous face is tilted upwards, index finger caressing her chin as she stares at the menu.  

 


“I’m sorry, uh-” She mutters, while slimming her eyes as they dart side to side, skimming through the large selection of beverage options. Jongin shakes his head knowing fully well she wasn’t looking at him. He takes the opportunity to check the girl out without being too obvious or coming off as creepy. 

His eyes scan her from head to toe and he could feel himself begin to feel incredibly nervous at being so close to such an attraction person. Her beauty seemed to be radiating off her and he nervously curls his fingers, gripping onto the bottom of his apron. 

“You know what, I’ll just have a latte please!” Her equally beautiful voice cutely exclaims joyfully, while shifting her eyes off the menu above him to finally meet his gaze.

Jongin could see her eyes automatically widen when meeting his face. He flinches slightly when her eyes meet his and twitches into a small genuine smile.

 “Uh, please...” She murmurs shyly, feeling warmth rush to his cheeks. Jongin nods his head slightly. “Ah-Yes, of course!” He exclaims embarrassingly loudly, he stands still eyes lingering on her face and she tilts her head to the side in confusion, he quickly realises this and hastily gets to work.

She smiles feeling extremely intrigued by his actions. You couldn't seem to peel your gaze off of him. His beautiful dark hair was showing his forehead, his sleeves were rolled up hugging his muscling physique and you loved his dark ominous eyes. You watch him cutely dart around the café for a take away cup and press the machine to grind some more coffee. 

While waiting for the coffee to finish grinding, he takes the opportunity to quickly turn back to take a quick glance at you. When he sees you still watching him, he awkwardly smiles at you and you mimic his actions feeling your pulse begin to hasten. The coffee machine stops grinding and he turns back to the machine and you sigh in relief at the minor distraction. 

You continue watching him in a daze and a thought finally hits you and you snort to yourself silently. “Um, excuse me!” You call out to him sweetly, while leaning your body closer to the counter. “Y-Yes!” Jongin retorts, halting dead in his tracks before nervously shifting his eyes back to you.

“Can you please make it a caramel latte! I’m sorry I forgot to tell you,” You feel yourself blush as his eyes begin to trail down your figure before lifting back up to meet your gaze once again.

“Ah okay, of course! I’m sorry I should have asked.” He murmurs, while tightening his grip on the take away coffee cup he was holding in his hands.

“Also, please make it a large.” You wink at him with a grin plastered on your face and you see his lips pulling into a smirk. He nods his head quickly before getting ready to make the coffee.

He presses start on the coffee machine and watch you watch him making the coffee. His skilful hands pouring the milk into the coffee take away coffee cup. He lifts his gaze off the cup temporarily to smile at you and you automatically blush at the gesture. His practiced hands skilfully makes the milk form a cute heart shape on top of the coffee cup and he gently places the lid on top of the coffee cup before picking up a black marker. You watch him completely puzzled as he writes what seemed like a good paragraph onto the coffee cup.

He finally places the lid back on the marker and he grasps onto the cup lifting it up towards you with a bright smile across his beautiful face. You bashfully return his smile, while reaching your hand out to grasp onto the coffee cup. 

You found him so attractive but very intimidating at the same time, it seemed like everything he did was done so perfectly. He felt so far out of your reach and skill that you came to the conclusion that there was no way someone like him could ever like you. 

“Thank you so mu- “You were cut off your sentence when you felt his other large hand cover over your own. Your eyes widen at the warmth from his hand, the bold action making you blush an even darker red.

“Can I please have your name?” He bashfully asks and you don’t miss the glint in his dark eyes. “A-Ah it’s (Y/N) …” You shift your eyes down nervously and you read his name tag placed on his chest of his white button up collared shirt.

“That’s a beautiful name. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas (Y/N).” You feel his hand slowly let go of your own and you still feel the lingering sensation of his touch on your hand. “Thank you Jongin,” You quietly murmur, as your heart pounds harder against your chest. “I hope you have a delightful Christmas too.”

The gentle gaze his eyes, makes your knees weak and you nervously push a strand of hair behind your ear and grasp onto the warm cup of coffee with both hands. 

“Oh, I will.” He winks at you, while grinning widely. You swallow the built-up saliva salivating at the back of your mouth and you timidly nod your head before giving him one last look and hurrying out of the coffee shop.

Once outside your feel the breath you’ve been holding finally release past your lips as you exhale frantically. You feel a warmth spread over your heart and you shift your eyes to the coffee cup in your hands. You lift it up to your face and your eyes widen at the neat writing on the cup.

“I really hope you are single because this would be really awkward if you aren’t,”

You chuckle lightly at the first sentence written and quickly began reading the rest of the paragraph.

“From the moment, I laid eyes on you, I felt as though my heart would burst out of my chest. I don't want a lot for Christmas but I want to see you and hear from you again. You are so breathtakingly gorgeous and I really hope you will give me a call,”

xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx

I hope you have an amazing Christmas filled with love and joy! All I want for Christmas is You. 

From: Jongin <3

 Without hesitating you sent a text that Christmas Day <3

_______
Merry Christmas everyone!! <3