[D.O] Prove to you

“EXO ♥” ✎ ONESHOT SCENARIO COLLECTION

"!" You exclaimed, cutting your finger with a knife by accident. Mumbling even more curses to yourself, you went to go get the first ait kit and looked at it irritated. Letting out a long exhale, you gripped the square shaped box, trying to pry it open but failed.


"What the is wrong with this thing!?" You hissed, kicking the metal box. "OW!" You yelped in pain as you hopped around in circles on one foot and you held the other, trying to soothe the pain. Tears weld up in your eyes.

"Michelle I told you heaps of times that thing is kuput! Sayonara! No one can open it like it's crazy" Your co-chef worker Rebecca said washing some vegetables, running the under cold water. You glared at her back and sighed.

"I cut myself though." 

"Here run your finger under cold water." 

You did just that and ran your finger under cold water. "What's with you today? Your stressing over nothing Michelle." She sighed, shaking her head, side to side. 

"You don't get! Tonight is the night! I'll prove to him i can beat his !." You exclaimed, clenching your right into a fist. Rebecca rolled her eyes and groaned. "Ugh. Just give it up will you, who cares if his restaurants more popular?" 

You clenched your hands into fists. "His restaurant won't be more popular after tonight! I already set up a new layout for the restaurant, even created a new special menu! I'll make the people come running into here!" Determination seeped through your voice as you clenched your hands into fists. 

"Look Michelle I understand how you feel, really. Um but you need to have faith in your cooking skills. You are an excellent chef" You forced a smile at her, appricating her attempt to make you feel better. 


"Thanks." You said in a hushed tone, before turning around stretching out your limbs. You breathed in and out trying to calm youself. "Okay!" You yelled, smilling. "I am definietly not going to loose to him!"

"You know Michelle i personally think your a better chef than him, just saying." You chuckled and ruffled her hair. "Whatever, just get cooking." Grinning to yourself, you continued preparation for the opening night. 

This fued with Kyungsoo, started way back in high school. You both did the same HSC course for hospitatlity. You being a straight A student and the teachers pet and Kyungsoo being the new guy, who was super shy and conservative and was an exellent cook.  Kyungsoo was always not so far behind you. From the moment he walked into the class you knew, you knew something wasn't so right about this boy. He was handsome, yes. He was polite, yes. Quite and shy, yes. He literally only spoke when someone else started the conversation.

You eyed him from the moment he walked into the classroom. For nearly 3 years you have secretly loved this boy. The only issue was, well you. You didn't like rivalry and started competitions with Kyungsoo, pushing yourself to max, just to make sure you beat him. You started seeing Kyungsoo's as a rival, rather than a crush. Stupid simple, heart felt emotions wasn't gonna get you an A. It took you years to somehow get this son of a teacher to like you, and here is Kyungsoo, the new kid. Who just waltz his way into the classroom and almost instantly the teacher accepts him. total utter bull.

You felt it, the pain, the pain of loosing to him. He got 1st place in the end, he even opened up a new restaurant which happened to be litterally right next door to your very own. Oh the pain. You thought this was his way of playing a sick joke, but nope. Even now instead of worrying about anything else, you put your love, blood, sweat and tears into this restaurant and tonight was a special opening night for your restaurant and you ain't backing down. "I'll show you Kyungsoo." You hissed in your head.

**
It was time and you finally turned the sign on the door to read "open". Not long after that Customer's starting piling in. "YES!" You screeched with enthusiasim. "AHA I haven't seen you smile like that in a while now." Rebecca chirped, rustling your hair. "Aye quit it." You smirked waking her hand off your head. You both giggled your way back into the kitchen, preparing food for the customer's.

"MICHELLE!" Robyn, a waitress at the restaurant exclaimed in panic, bursting through the kitchen door. "What?" You asked startled by her sudden exclaim. "T-That K-Kyungsoo guy, you have been fueding with just entered the restaurant and he's asking to speak with you!"

Your eyes widened in shock. It took you awhile to process what Robyn actually said, but when it did, it hit you. You became furious, your blood was boiling as the information sank in.  He came to see me?

"What the actual !?" You exclaimed storming out of the kitchen. Robyn hurrying after you. "There!" She pointed to a boy in casual clothes. There was no doubt about it. Those full lips, round eyes and small structure. It was definietly Kyungsoo. You eyed him up and down. Yup. He was still definietly attractive. You ignored your pounding heart and made you way towards him. With each step, the louder your heart pounded in your chest.

Nervous, you felt so extremely nervous. It's been nearly 3 years since you've seen him properly. Now, here he was. Inside your restaurant. Asking to see you. What a shock.

Kyungsoo's eyes shot up, as if he heard your pounding heart, he scanned you up and down, taking his time to admire you. His expression, unreadable. You swallowed some built up saliva and raised your head up high, trying to act a bit more confident. Kyungsoo and you made eye contact. You heart shot up in your chest, as a smile crept onto his face. You hesitated to make another step, watching his full lips form a genuine smile. "Wait what?" You looked at him confused. "W-What are you doing here?" You asked, trying your best not to stutter. Kyungsoo smirked, slightly chuckling. You glared at him, growing impaitient. "Now he's just gonna laugh at me huh?" You thought, totally judging him. 

"You always we're straight forward." He smiled at you, striding over to you. He stopped right in front of you, his smile never fading. You we're taken aback at how straight forward he suddenly was. Back in high school he could barely look you in the eye than again, come so close to you. You glared back at him and smirked. "What's wrong with being straight forward?" You hissed at him.

"Nothing. It's kind of y." He smirked back at you. WOAH WOAH. Your eyes widened in shock. He glanced at your lips than back up at you. Was he always this y? You shook your head, tying to erase the thoughts. "Remeber, i hate him." You told yourself.

"Shut up." You spat him, taking a step back. His smiled faded slightly at the curt response. "Listen Michelle...I came her tonight to try your food." Your glare returned and you snorted. "To try my food? Give me a break." You chuckled stepping closer to him. He's eyebrow shotup in confusion. "No i definietly came here to try some of your food." His genuine response made your eyes waver, from the sterness and you softed your expression, but as quickly as it left, it returned. Your glare maybe even a little sharper than before. "Ahuh. Well." 

"I'll let you try my food." You smirked. Taking a step back, turning away from him. Your back was facing him. "You are going to see how talented i really am." Your words spat out, you were serious about this. Here your rival was, wanting to try you food, It had to be perfect and you liked the challenge. "Bring it on."

Kyungsoo frowned at that. He knew you we're talented, he's always knew. To him, you we're perfect. From the moment he layed eyes on you, he's loved you. The only reason why he even decided to go with opening a restaurant was because you did. He purposely put his restaurant next to yours, but it wasn't for rivalry it was to see you.

He honestly didn't know who was better at cooking. He cared about you. He made sure his restaurant was amazing, just so you could be impressed, not to make you sad or angry. He wanted you, to fall in love with him. The same way he fell in love, with your hard working self.

The only reason he went along with being rivals with you, was because at the time in high school, he was too shy anyway to start up a conversation with you. Then again ask you out. If being rivals meant he meant something to you, why not? at least you we're paying attention to him. This led to him working harder. He got inspired seeing how hard working you were. He tried harder. eventually realising he didn't want to loose to you either. Blooming, the competition. Even though he won 1st place in the end, it never satisfied him because you weren't his.

"Sir, let me you to a table." The waitress Robyn, politely guided him over to a table, which happened to be the number 9. Kyungsoo sat at the table silently, feeling a little giddy that he was about to eat some of your food. It wasn't a very long wait after you stormed out of the kitchen, you yourself placing the plat down in front of him. "Enjoy." You barked, smirking at him. You weren't the least bit worried. You made sure this dish was perfect. Kyungsoo smiled at you, before helping himself to the meal.

His eyes widened in shock. It was good. Really good. Kyungsoo turned to look at you, not knowing how to react or how to even find the right choice of words to tell you how delicious it tasted. Maybe, everything just tastes better when the person you love makes it.

"Well." You asked waiting for his answer. "It's absolutely delicious." Your heart lept in your chest. "R-Really?" You asked grinning widely. Kyungsoo nodded helping himself to more of the meal. Your heart jumped. You knew it. You still had feelings for him. No matter how much times you tried to deny it, you did and now you yourself confirmed it. You sighed turning to face away from him. It was so frustrating. You we're supposed to hate him. But deep down, even you knew you couldn't.

"Michelle." You turned your head to face him again, as he stands up. Your eyes widened in shock at the sight of the clean plate. "He ate all of it! How fast!?" You stood there stunned, as he takes your hand, slipping a piece of paper between your fingers. "It really was an amazing meal, please come over to my restaurant soon, so i can treat you to a meal." His smile was as genuine as his words. You smiled back at him for the first time in so long. Kyungsoo gasped. "W-What!?" You asked alarmed at his reaction. "You smiled, you smiled for me."

"Y-Yeah?"

"You don't even know how beauitful that smile was, please come to my restaurant soon, please call me later." Kyungsoo boldly, strove towards you, placing his hands onto your shoulders as he nervously, but hurriedly kissed you on the cheek before storming out of the restaurant. You stood frozen on the spot stunned at his action, a blush krept onto your cheeks as you stared at the spot kyungsoo was once standing.

"M-Michelle?" Your co-worker called out to you, you quickly snapped out of your daze, glancing down at the piece of paper in your hand.

"I LOVE YOU, PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL. XXXXXXXX - Kyungsoo"

"no way.." You gasped. Tightening your grip on the paper. You smiled widely clutching onto the paper, bringing it to your chest. Holding it close to your heart. 

 


________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WOW! This one went on for awhile, i really didn't know how to end it HAHA. Thank you for reading! ^^

HAPPY EASTER! <3