[Baekhyun] Begin

“EXO ♥” ✎ ONESHOT SCENARIO COLLECTION

A/N: The first part is continuing from the previous chapter which is called 'Strangers.' The reason why i added the previous oneshot into the beginning of this one is because some people may or may not have read the first part so this is for those people! I hope you all enjoy :)

~

"So, how was your date with Sehun?" Baekhyun dejectively asked as you smiled warmly. "It was amazing, Baek!" You whined happily as you clasped your hands together in a victory pose. Baekhyun held back another sigh threatening to escape past his dry lips. 

How were you acting so happy in front of him? When you knew about his feelings.

"Yeah? Pfft. What did you guys do?" Baekhyun asked with disinterest, his eyes noticeably darker. He was super jealous and beyond angry. You knew how he felt about you and you still continued to spit all this bull about Sehun in front of him. Baekhyun finally sighed before you could answer. "Actually, don't answer that, i don't really give a ." Baekhyun spat in disgust, face contorting in displeasure.

Your eyes widened in shock and your heart dropped at Baekhyun’s harsh tone. "B-Baek, don't you think your being a little rude?" The words just left your mouth before you could properly register them. 

You said what you said because of the feeling of anger bubbling up inside you. The bitter look on Baekhyun’s face has become a prominent aspect in his life and in yours too. Why? Because you were both best friends and saw each other nearly everyday, if you guys didn’t meet up, you would either video chat or call, even text...heck, you guys did everything together. 

Baekhyun chuckled darkly tugging his arm out of your grasp as he swung his legs up and leaped off the bench you both were sitting down on at your favourite local park.

"Forget it, (Y/N)! Me? Being rude!?" Baekhyun shouted in anger as he turned to face giving you a hurt expression as he slowly made his way towards you. "Me...Being rude? You ing know that i like you and you never talk about anything besides your boyfriend who doesn't even love you!!" Baekhyun spat, as he raised your chin up, you both made eye contact. You felt incredibly hurt by Baekhyun's words that you started to feel tears well up in your eyes. Baekhyun almost softens at your tear filled gaze but is quickly snapped out of his trance when your shouting fills his head.

"W-What are you talking about!?" You asked as the tears continue to stream down your face. Baekhyun feels himself instantly softened at the sight of you crying, but his words continued to come out just as harsh, trying to push his soft spot for you behind him. "D-Don't be stupid (Y/N). Sehun has ten girlfriends at the moment. You being one of them. I don't understand why you chose someone like that over me." 

 You could see the glint in Baekhyun's eye disappear as his gaze dropped to his shoes at the same time he gently let go of your chin. "I don't even care anymore (Y/N). Do what you want, i'm giving up on you and our friendship.

Sure, Baekhyun was being a jerk at the moment, but you still loved him dearly hearing him break off your 12 year friendship made your eyes fill up with salty tears as you felt your heart split into two. "W-Why?" You whispered deeply hurt. Baekhyun turned his face away, not bearing to look at the expression you were making.

"Listen, (Y/N). I love you and i want to support you and your relationship because it makes you happy and I-I God, I just want you to be happy, (Y/N). I really, really do, but I-i can't! I can’t stand you being so close to him! I keep telling you the truth, that he doesn't love you and he's just using you but do you listen? Like what's the ing point! You don't even have time for me anymore!! I thought we were bestfriends!!" Baekhyun shouted in pain, as his own tears fell down the sides of his face. He finally turned back to look at you and your stunned expression. 

"I-I'm so sorry, Baek-"

"Don't apologise. Just don’t ing apologise, it isn't going to fix anything. I can't support your relationship, because i love you more than a friend. I also can't support it over the fact you are dating a two-faced jerk who practically has a harem! Also you being with him is tearing us apart and i no longer have the physcial or emotional stength to put up with his or your anymore!" Baekhyun shouted at you, his tears falling onto your shoes, he growls gripping onto his fringe, tugging into his thread of hair in agony. “See? Do you see what I’ve become?”

“B-Baek, please I beg of you-” 

Before you could finish your sentence, he’s walking off in an incredibly fast pace. You peer at his fading silhouette, begging for him to turn around and come back to you. You feet stood planted on the ground, your eyes wide and red, as tears continued to pour down your face. You heart cringed at how stupid you were. "I'm so sorry Baek." You whispered covering your face with your hands as you fell to your knee, breaking down whining and crying. 

~

How long have you been crying? Probably two hours by now. You continued to scan through pictures of you and Baekhyun together on your phone. You smiled faintly as you landed on a picture of you smiling widely as Baekhyun planted as kiss on your cheek. You reluctanlty swiped your index finger on your phone screen, your eyes widened as you saw a photo of you and Sehun to together. You didn't nearly look as happy as you were in your pictures with Baekhyun. You heart dropped again at the realisation that you weren't really happy with Sehun, compared to how happy you were when you were around Baekhyun.  

You phone rung in your hands, you yelped startled at the sudden ringing. You cringed seeing Sehun's name on the screen. Somewhere deep in your heart you hoped it was Baekhyun. You stared at the phone until the ringing halted. You held a debate in your head, as you pondered over the thought of calling Baekhyun and settling things right between you two. You just knew you couldn't manage without him. You sighed as you crossed your fingers, praying that he picks up and that everyrthing will just fall back into place.

"No luck." You sighed in annoyance as you cancel call for 20th time that night. "Pick up, Baek." You whispered feeling your eye begin to water. You felt your phone vibrate indicating you had a call, you quickly shot up to see the caller id. Your dropped seeing it wasn't Baekhyun's name on the screen, in fact it was Sehun's you quickly ended the call and threw your phone across your room in irritation. 

"Baekhyun! Please call me back." You whined crying yourself to sleep, ignoring the constant ringing of your phone, as your  boyfriend continued to call you over and over again.

Two months past and Baekhyun cotinued to ignore you, as if you never existed. You felt your heart sink even deeper than it has already sunk, everytime you pass him in the hallway and shamelessy stared at him, just to be completely thrown off by him not even taking a second glance at you. You continued to ignore Sehun's calls, getting fed up with your lack of communication your relationship crumbled and he ended breaking up with you. 

You barely spoke at school and continued to wonder the corridoors as if you were some lone spirit. Baekhyun's heart broke a little everytime he laid eyes on you but neither of you made the effort to communicate. Which is what led you to where you are now. Your relationship with Baekhyun, well your strangers now. 

"Goodbye, Baek." You whispered as you passed him in the hallway, recieving the same heartless treatment as your previous encounters with him. Baekhyun paused in the hallway only slightly turning his head to acknowledge he heard what you said, before nodding his head and he whispered.

"Bye, (Y/N)." 

______

2 years later

 

You stopped in the middle of the hallway, eyes automatically landing on Baekhyun. You clenched your hands into fists, as you felt your heart waver at the bitter sweet feeling building up in your chest. 

It's been too long...Does he even remember me? Come on you’ve come this far, at least say hi. You shoo away the voices playing in your head.

 Fate works in dangerously, unexpected and ridiculous ways. You and Baekhyun graduated high school from best friends to strangers. You do not even go back to those painful memories, but they were necessary. Everything happens for a reason right? You'd like to think that way, this optimism didn't just come out of nowhere. This is the strength you have built for yourself in the two years with Baekhyun’s absence. 

Baekhyun was like your rock. He kept you grounded, protected you, encouraged you, gave you happiness and in the long run gave you heartache. Baekhyun’s presence in your life, made things easy. He was just always there. He fought for you and was there for you. He loved you. You knew deep down, that you just always thought he would stay. No matter what you said or did to him, that he would stay. That, he would be a constant person in your life. This made you realise one crucial thing about yourself...You practically took advantage of him. 

That last two years of high school consisted of your grades falling and you just despising, yourself. You felt horrible. You were in such a sad and gloomy black hole and was unable to get yourself out of it for a really, really long time. The ing irony of all this is that somehow, some way, you and Baekhyun ended up applying and studying at the same University and you felt like this was a sign from heaven to make things right with Baekhyun.You both have been at the Uni for a few weeks now and you were positive Baekhyun hasn't seen you or noticed you yet. You slyly figured out his timetable throughout the week. Let's just pretend your not a creepy stalker. I mean you guys aren't technically strangers right? 

You sighed lifting your right hand in the air and placing it over your heart. Anxiety. That's all you ever felt, since two years ago. You observed Baekhyun as he highlighted a few sentences on his notes in front of him. He looked so handsome leaning his now, broad back against the wall. You swallowed nervously and proceeded to take careful, almost silent, hurried steps towards him. 

"Baekhyun!"You cringe when you see Baekhyun physically stiffen at the sound of your voice. His face emotionless and unreadable. He slowly lifts his eyes up to your face with the same unreadable expression on his face that you were used at this point. "B-Baekhyun." You whisper and softly make your way over to him. He continues to stare at you silently with a stoic expression on his face. Well he hasn't told me to go away yet, so that must be a good sign right? Please tell me its fine.

"(Y/N)." He whispers, equally as quiet. He straightens up his posture and places his his notes onto the ground gently, then places his hands into his jean pockets. His eyes waver as you are now only a few inches away from him. "Hey Baekhyun! L-Long time no see!" You exclaim, forcing a smile on your face. Baekhyun watches your pathetic attempt at a smile and sighs silently to himself. "Yeah." He casually answers, face still emotionless. Your smile slowly starts to fade, along with your confidence. 

"So...um how are you?" You ask searching his eyes for an hint of life, as he shrugs, as if he was bored, disinterest shown in his body language. "So um-"

"Just stop (Y/N).”  You ignore his disregarding tone and forced your smile back on your face, trying not to easily crack. 

“S-Sorry?”

“Why did you come up to me? What exactly do you want?" He ask eyebrow creasing as he glares at you. You are taken aback at his cold words. You feel your heart sink but it is soon replaced with anger. “I-I Just wanted to say hello? Like what’s wrong with that?” You passive aggressively answer him, the words coming out a lot harsher then you intended them to, crossing your arms. You exhale trying to calm your emotions down as much as possible. 

. I cam here to make things right with him. 

Baekhyun sighs in annoyance, turning his face away from yours. “We are not friends. At least, not anymore. You don’t need to say hi or anything to me at all.” You roll your eyes at his very much expected answer.

You wanted to so badly make things right With him. But, Baekhyun was incredibly stubborn and his attitude was seriously starting to piss you off.

“You are getting pretty ing predictable, Baek.” You say firmly, you almost smirk as his body flinches hearing your nickname for him. He turns to face you wide eyed, his mouth twitches slightly. You feel a grin tug at your lips, from finally being able to get another reaction from him, other than anger or annoyance. 

“Leave it be, (Y/N).” Baekhyun harshly growls at you, dark eyes showing no emotion as he presses foreword, touching his forehead to yours slightly. “It is far too late to fix this-”

"What do i want? You asked me that earlier! What do i want? I want you!! I want you back, Baek!! That's what i want! T-That’s all I want" You exclaim, in fear of rejection. “I don’t wanna keep doing this, Baek.” You sob, feeling your eyes begin to water. “W-We were so close. I miss you.” You shameless admitted, trying to suppress your tears from falling. 

You hear Baekhyun shakily, exhale. He steps forward and grasps onto your clenched wrist, tightly. You look up at him through your lashes and begin to let your tears stream down your face. "Don't be like this, (Y/N)." Baekhyun chokes out, barely able to hold back his own tears. "You need to forget about me. I need to forget about you." You glare up at him and roughly pull your wrist out of his grasp. 

"Why do we have to be like this, Baek?" You sob and move your hands up to cover your face. "Why do you keep pushing me away?” You could barely speak, lips quivering, your mind too caught up in your feelings. You slowly removed your hands from your face to look Baekhyun in the eyes. 

You didn't know if you would ever get this opportunity again, so you wanted to see him, talk to him, drown in him as physically and emotionally possible. To whatever you had to for now, before he pushes you away again. You needed to take advantage of this moment, even if the conversation wasn't very pleasant. 

Baekhyun grunts and runs his hand through his hair and the movement seemed almost like deja vu. You mind quickly rushes to Sehun and you couldn't stop yourself, you couldn't stop the words from tumbling out of your mouth.

“B-Baek, if this is still about Sehun. I made a mistake. A huge mistake. I realised that day, that I need you Baek, I need you more than I ever needed him. Please, I’m sorry-”

"Because i love you, (Y/N)." Your mouth hanged open in shock. Eyes widen, your breath hitched in your throat as Baekhyun moves towards you, you take a step back and he takes a step forward. You have no choice but to halt in your tracks when you feel him push you towards his now strong body, his hands on your back. You scan his face as it inches closer and closer towards you. And, there it was. It lasted less than a second but you felt it. Baekhyun kissed you. 

"B-Baek." You whisper, pushing against his shoulder. Baekhyun looks you dead in the eyes. "You are driving me insane. From today onwards do not approach me." His says closing his eyes and making his mood and feelings clear with you, before hurriedly walking down the hallway. You remain rooted to the ground as you mindlessly watch Baekhyun's silhouette disappear. 

"Y-You just told me you loved me and you walk off!" You scream, your voice echoinng down the hallway. You sigh and lifelessly lean against the wall Baekhyun was previously leaning on. "F-Fine! If thats how he’s gonna be. I-I'll approach him everyday!!!" You harshly whisper to yourself. You ignore the weird glaces people gave you as you spoke to yourself and with a determined heart and anew mind set you walk home that day in a more confident spirit. 

~

Days quickly turned into months, you did not give up. You weren’t giving up. No matter how horrible he treated you. Or how emotionally distressed you got from it, you did not give up. You knew deep down, Baekhyun wanted you back. Whenever, he pushed you away now he would always check if you were okay, sometimes even going as far as asking your close friends if you were alright. You knew he felt bad.

 It all became clear one cold winter morning. 

There was a ski trip. A trip to Hokkaido for a week. You were confident Baekhyun would go, since his new current best friend was, Park Chanyeol, A tall, derpy, good looking boy at your University who happened to be insanely good at snow boarding. So, you knew he would be one of the first people to sign up. You almost snort at the sight of his name on the list hanging in the hallway. You see Baekhyun’s name neatly written underneath his and feel a slight ache in your chest.  You glare bullets Into the paper, before finally deciding to sign your name down too. 

Baekhyun was good at sneaking off, leaving and vanishing into thin air. He avoided you and was harsh but this trip to Hokkaido meant he couldn’t go to far to be able to avoid you like he usually does, it just wasn’t physically possible, so the chances of success was more visible if you go to this trip. And what an amazing decision you made.

Park Chanyeol, got motion sickness on the plane and was forced to sit towards the front of the plane with a plastic bag covering mouth. All the seats were taken which meant you had to swop seats with Chanyeol, since you were in the best spot for someone with motion sickness. 

“Yuck, Chanyeol Man.” Baekhyun groans turning his gaze from Chanyeol. “Dude, I can’t help it.” Chanyeol gags and moves down towards his vomit bag for the tenth time. 

Swapping seats with Chanyeol meant one thing, you were gonna be sitting next to Baekhyun. You look at Baekhyun hesitantly, he eyes bore back into yours, his expression displaying nothing but disinterest. Although, there was a touch of warmth in his gaze that you haven’t seen in a very long time. You conversation with Baekhyun was mostly one-sided, with you doing most of the talking but that did not surprise you in the slightest. You kept talking for hours on end, ignoring Baekhyun’s harsh words or actions and instead remaining firm and spirited. 

Baekhyun is taken aback and almost angry at you for putting up with his . His gaze lingers longer than it should and he feels a familiar ache in his chest at your visibly upset expression or when his harsh words leave his lips. You keep coming back. 

~

“(Y/N)...Why do you keep letting yourself be treated like this.” Your friend says as you finally land in Hokkaido. You were all currently sitting on the bus, heading to your hotel. You sigh and look up at her with a reassuring expression. “It’s fine. I’m fine.” You say confidently, trying to convince yourself more than her. 

Baekhyun, who was sitting behind you hears this and sighs in irritation. He couldn’t believe this. He was beyond horrible, with his words and actions and you kept running back to him. He sat behind you, because he missed you. He thought his harsh treatment on the flight would have pushed you away again and he was scared you were going to give up on him. No matter how much he pretended to despise you, he couldn't deny the flutter he felt in his heart, every time you would glance his way, or smile or when you try to engage in small talk with him. 

He missed you. It was simply that. He forgot how beautiful you were when you smiled, laughed, cried or even when you got angry. To him you were perfect. 

Seeing you try so hard for him to open up to you again, made his feelings towards you deepen. Oh Sehun? , Oh Sehun. That was all in the past now and he could careless about that name. He was more mature now, to be that petty. He wasn’t mad anymore, he wanted you. But he was terrified. Terrified that he will be hurt again.

“I-I Just think I'm in love with him.” You say, sweetly smiling at your friend and she squeals, clamping her hand over yours. “You know I’m here for you, (Y/N)” Your friend says, pulling you into a warm embrace. Baekhyun feels his face flush in embarrassment. The word ‘Love’ sinks into his head so deep, so far gone he’s really, really considering becoming friends with you again.

Getting to the hotel and unpacking was not the first thing on Park Chanyeol’s mind. “LET’S ING GO SNOW BOARDING BAEK!” Chanyeol exclaims in excitement. “Calm the down, weren’t you a vomiting mess a few minutes ago.” He groans as his tall friend whisks him out of their shared hotel room. 

Your heart almost leaps in your chest as you exit your hotel room simultaneously to the two, Chanyeol stares between you and Baekhyun as you both seem to not be able to take your eyes off each other. You can’t seemed to pull your gaze off Baekhyun as he stares back at you. You noticed throughout the days his eyes have a bit more emotion in them and he seems more accepting of your advances, despite his still harsh demeanour. But you really did not want to get your hopes up just yet. 

God bless, Chanyeol. Park, Chanyeol notices the slight fade of red dusted on his friends cheeks and immediately leaps into action. “Hey, (Y/N)! Do you wanna come snow board with us?” Chanyeol asks, side eyeing Baekhyun. Baekhyun quickly turns to Chanyeol his eyes sending daggers his way, but Chanyeol only grins back down at him, before turning to face you. 

“Join us, (Y/N). I won’t take ‘no’ for an answer.”

Which is how you ended up in this particular situation. “Do you need help?” Baekhyun says just slightly, above a whisper, as his eyes soften at you struggling to strap your board to your boots. You look up at him in shock, at his sudden gentle words. But what he does next shocks you even more. He bends down, his face only a few inches away from yours. He overlaps his hands with yours and teaches you gently teaches you how to straps your boots down. You were nodding, but definitely weren’t listening. You blush at his close proximity, you suddenly felt incredibly nervous. Too distracted at his features. He was more handsome than he was in high school and definitely more muscular. 

You were both practically alone as Chanyeol, was busy doing his own thing and you marvelled at his snow boarding tricks. You turn your gaze away from Baekhyun, hoping to distract yourself from the nervous mess, Baekhyun’s presence is making of you. Baekhyun’s grip on your hand suddenly tightens, which draws your attention back to him. You both stare into each others eyes for what felt like minutes, none of you refusing to break the lock. Baekhyun exhales, silently. He moves a little closer towards you and whispers. 

 “(Y/N), I'm sorry. But I need to talk to you. Can we go somewhere more private? I'll teach you how to snowboard another time.” 

Was it your birthday?

You were beyond stunned at Baekhyun’s sudden change in attitude. You were flabbergasted as you nodded, lips parted and eyes wide. You were both sitting on the snow, side by side, knees almost touching, watching Chanyeol as he did his flips and tricks. The silence was eating you alive. But you refused to make the first move. You have been doing that for months on end. Baekhyun, asked you to talk to him so he can start. 

“Y/N, I-I’m so sorry...for how I treated you.” 

You quickly turned your head to face him. His face is dark and sullen as he looks down at the snow. “What?-”

“I’m sorry, (Y/N)” He says again, this time turning to face you. You did not know how to react or say, so you thought it would be better to just keep silent. Baekhyun takes your silence as a hint for him to continue and he does, he proceeds carefully, takes cautious glances. 

“I was just young, jealous and immature and I-I should not have ended our friendship over something so selfish.”

“Baekhyun, stop.” You say chuckling darkly in disbelief. “I was the one who ed up. Not you.” You say taking his hand into yours. Baekhyun exhales, pleased with the sudden warmth of your hand on his. His body is noticeably more relaxed as he leans gently into your body heat. Your sides are now touching, as he places his lips to your hair and continues, despite the flinch he felt from you. His confidence seems to have increased. “No. You shouldn’t even be talking to me right now, after everything I've done and said to you.” Baekhyun chuckles, lowly. 

You blush and turn your head slightly closer to Baekhyun’s.  “I-I want to be friends again.” You say hesitantly. Baekhyun hums into your scalp and you shiver at the delicious feeling. Baekhyun smirks and leans down towards your ear teasingly. 

“I do not want us to be friends again.” He says almost instantly and he chuckles at the drop of disappointed clearly visible on your face. He breaths onto your ear, creating goosebumps to appear under your heavy, layer of clothes. “You didn't give up on us, (Y/N). I believe were connected by fate. I need you, I want you, I-I love you.” 

You gasp and tighten your grip on Baekhyun’s hand, which clasps back to intertwine fingers. “B-Baekhyun, I-I’m sorry too-”

“I want to be your boyfriend, (Y/N).”

Your breath hitches in your throat, as he slides his free hand from your thighs to your back. He gently massages circles into your spine. You moan softly at the feeling. “Well?”

“O-Okay.” Baekhyun smiles in satisfaction and he gently pulls you onto his lap. You place your hands onto his shoulders, gripping them tightly to suppress your nerves from showing. Baekhyun bites back a grin as he your hair, soothingly. 

“Thank you for not giving up on me, (Y/N). I’m sorry I took so long to come around. I’m not treating you like that ever again. I promise, from this day onward s to make you happy. Will you let me?”

“Yes.”

 

~~

Hey guy!! Guess whose back? Here's a preview for a chapter 29 sequel!! I promise it has a happy ending! Please stay anticipating for the next chapter! <3