Life's Falling Apart...

Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Life's Falling Apart...

Cheongdam-dong…

It is one of the busiest streets in Gangnam-gu, Seoul… recognized for a wealthy lifestyle of Koreans… a place for fashionable and trendsetting destinations.

 

I’m living a life that some people would dream to have. We’re not that rich but we’re not deprive of things that would set a nice and comfortable lifestyle. Let’s just say that we’re in a middle class mark.

 

That’s what my life was before…

 

I was in high school when things started to fall down on my family, senior high to be exact. When the news of my family business’ bankruptcy spread out, the friends and people I hang-out with at school suddenly avoided me… you would hear them gossiping… some even began bullying me. It becomes harder and harder each day passed. I even got to the point of not wanting to go back to school. Thanks to Ye Rin, the only person who stayed by my side... my only true and best friend. She’s my pillar of strength at that moment. We’ve been friends since middle school. She has a funny and cheerful personality…

 

“Yah! Ye Eun~ah…” I was a little bit startled when Ye Ri just pop out of nowhere in front of me. I was walking on the hallway absent-mindedly.

“What the… are you trying to give me a heart attack?!” I shouted at her as I hit her lightly in her arm.

“Heart attack? Oh come on~ you’re in perfect health,” she said jokingly. “…Ye Eun~ah, please come with me?”

“Hmmm… where?”

“I’m buying Shinee’s album and….” Hanging up what else she has to say.

“…and?” I asked.

She smiled at me so sweetly before she continued. “…and there’s also a fan signing?”

“Aigoo~ this fanatic girl…” I said sounding like an old person.

“Oh please, please… please come with me… I’ll treat you out… just name it… please!” she kept on pleading.

“Ok… Ok… dinner is on you.”

“Oh sure! You’re the best Ye Eun~ah.” She hugs me excitedly.

 

…Yeah, Ye Ri is one of those Kpop Idol fanatics… always dragging me around in any Kpop events that she went to. I’ll be a hypocrite if I say that I don’t enjoy those events. I’m not a fanatic as she does but I really do appreciate their music.

The fan signing went well… so many screaming fans. I could see on Ye Ri’s face how happy she was. This is the only way I know how I could thank her for everything she done for me.

“Kyyaaahhhh! Ye Eun~ah… I don’t know what to say anymore… Taemin is so damn cute!” she said a little bit hysterically as we get out of the crowd and out of the building.

“I know… I know… would you mind calming down… stop screaming, my ears are aching now.” I tried to hush her as I check my phone. “Oh Dang!”

“Wae? What’s wrong?” Ye Ri asked as she saw the worriedness that registered at my face.

“I got a lot of miscalls from mom… I think I have to go home right now.” I said to her and then I dialed my mom’s number. “Hello, mom?”

“Ye Eun~ah?… Ye Eun~ah, where are you? Why aren’t you answering my calls?” It was mom on the other line, you can hear in her voice the anxiety and gloominess.

“I’m sorry mom… I’m with Ye Ri right now. What’s wrong… anything happens mom?” I concernedly asked.

“Your dad, Ye Eun~ah… your father had a heart attack… we’re in the hospital right now…” mom started to cry. “They’re taking our house, honey…”

My heart begins to ache and can’t breathe properly as I heard what my mom told me at the phone… I hang up after hearing what hospital dad is admitted.

“Ye Ri~ah… ” that’s the only thing comes out of my mouth and then tears just flow down on my cheeks, can’t contain the emotion I’m feeling at that moment.

Ye Ri calls for a taxi as she tried to comfort me…

 

Dad used our house for collateral to a loan he made in a bank to save our family business. But unfortunately things don’t go well and now the bank is taking our house. It’s been two weeks since dad received the notice… tomorrow is our last day in the house unless we pay back the loan along with its interest.

                                   

I never thought that we’ll experience this kind of situation… just with possession of some personal things we still got from the house and a couple of money left, we’re totally homeless. Mom asked Ye Ri’s parents if I could stay with them while my dad is in the hospital and until she could find a place we could stay. With these bad things happening to us, I’m still thankful because we have Ye Ri and her family who never turned their backs on us.

“Ye Ri~ah… thank you… thank you for everything” I was suppressing my tears as I said that. “…I don’t know what I would do if you’re not here with me… thank you so much.” We were in the porch connected in her room looking blankly at the night sky.

“Aish!... what are friends are for… and besides we’re like real sisters already. I’ll do anything for you.”  She said back as she tried to mess my hair.

“I don’t know how much more I could take… I don’t know what would happen to us after this. All of these are diff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter