The Debut

Please hold my hand :)

 

A bell is no bell 'til you ring it,
A song is no song 'til you sing it,
And love in your heart
Wasn’t put there to stay -
Love isn’t love
'Til you give it away.

-Oscar Hammerstein

 

"Unnie!" Hyoyeon called her sister who was preparing some lunch for them. Today is the big day. 

"Wait. I'm almost done." Soeun replied back as she fastened the lunchboxes' lids.

Hyoyeon was waiting inside the car for her sister. She was checking the mirrors when her phone buzzed in her pocket.

"Partner, Good Luck! ILY ^;^" -From Junho.

Hyoyeon made a small smile indicating the small happiness she felt. Afterwards,Soeun appeared and she opened the door. She then sat on the passenger seat next to her sister with the lunchboxes on her lap.

"Are you ready?" Soeun asked her sister.

"I think so." Hyoyeon shyly said as she started the engine.

 

The lights dimmed. This is the huge moment. Everyone is waiting patiently. The music started. The two figures on the stage started moving. Everyone is intensely focused on the two dancing bodies in front. 

 

"Who are they? New rookies?" One girl said.

"I think so. Hmph." The other replied as she crossed her arms.

"They're good. It's new to see a duo consist of a boy and a girl." Another girl said as she moved forward to take a better look.

"Do you think they will last? Do you think they will go far in this industry?" The other girl asked.

"Who knows? In my opinion, I don't think so. They are just a duo. " The other one said as she smirked.

 

A lady in the corner is watching their performance.

"I think  I like them. I want them on my show." She said as she smiled.

 

The Duo then bowed for the last time ending their debut showcase.

When they descended the stairs, Hyoyeon was wiping her head when a guy approached them.

"Partner, we did it--" Hyoyeon was cut off by a guy.

"Hello, I'm Mr. Hwang. A host of a show wants to talk to you." The Mr. Hwang said as he pointed to the lady in the corner.

Junho and Hyoyeon turned around to see who the "host" is.

"Partner, is she the one that hosts that famous night show." Junho whispered to Hyoyeon as he tried to recall the show's name.

"Yes, I think that's her but what are we going to do?" Hyoyeon said as she fixed her rumpled hair.

"I think that it's better if you talk to our manager." Junho said politely as he looked for their manager.

"Manager Jang, he wants to talk to you about a show." Junho said to her manager who just appeared seconds ago.

Junho slightly pulled Hyoyeon to the side that they wouldn't disturb the conversation.

"Partner, we did a great job." Junho said as he patted Hyoyeon's hair.

"I know but I wonder what people think about us. Did they like our performance?" Hyoyeon curiosly asked as she slid down on the wall to take a seat on the floor.

Junho sat next to her. "People have different opinions but be glad because there is a person that is already interested in us." Junho added as he took out his cellphone.

He texted his hyung. 

"Bummie Hyung,

Where are you? We'll come out later after the show." 

Hyoyeon was busy fanning herself when she heard her phone buzzed.

"Hyoyeon-ssi, 

You and Junho did a great job.

-Soeun"

The two of them were busy resting on the floor when their manager called them.

"Junho and Hyoyeon, Congratulations! You got yourselves a new show." Their manager happily said as she hugged both of them.

They were rejoicing backstage when Hyoyeon heard someone talked.

"A new show? That was fast but do they even know how to act in front of the screens. Aish These kids are just wasting their time." The girl said as she flicked her hair.

Hyoyeon was speechless. She doesn't know what to say so she just asked if they could eat.

 

"Hyoyeonnie!" Soeun said as she hugged her sister who just came from the backstage. Bummie gave them both a high five. 

"Here, I cook it for the two of you." Soeun said as she gave them the lunchboxes.

The two of them immediately opened it and to their amazement, the food has the words "Good Luck" on it.

"Thanks Noona." Junho said as he swallowed a spoonful of his food.

Hyoyeon just nodded because she's too busy eating.

After the two of them finished eating, Junho gladly asked, "Noona, can I marry you? I really love your food so much"

"Yah! She's mine!" Bummie said as hit Junho's head. Junho cringed a little then he turned around to Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon was looking the other way with her crossed arms. Soeun chuckled at the whole scene.

"I think these two object the idea. Sorry" Soeun apologized as she points the two grumpy people around them.

"I understand. I think I just need to stick with this kid." Junho added as he nudged Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon slightly pushed Junho's head away as she said, "Are you calling me a kid? Well...For your information, you're a nerd."

Hyoyeon then stuck out her tongue. Junho was slightly pissed when he crossed his arms. "I'm not a nerd." He slightly added.

"Guys, stop fighting and lets go home." Soeun said as she stood up and fixes her shirt.

 

 

Soeun dropped Junho and Bummie off  to their house because the two doesn't have their own cars yet.

...

Soeun was relaxing outside in their backyard when Hyoyeon appeared.

"Unnie!" Hyoyeon called as she sat down next to her sister who was sitting in a bench.

"What are you thinking?" Hyoyeon called as she glanced at the sky above.

The atmosphere is filled with silence. Soeun's face turned into a sad one.

"Hyoyeon, we know that our parents save some money for us right? I just realized that there is would be a point that it won't be enough for the two of us." Soeun said as she holds her sister's hand.

"Yes, I think I understand you. Don't you think the money I earn is not enough for us?" Hyoyeon asked.

"Hyoyeonnie, I don't want to give you the responsibility of being the one providing for us. I'm the older one so I think I should be the one working. Your job, I just want you to enjoy it." Soeun said as she gave her sister a small smile.

"Unnie, are saying that you're going to work for us?" Hyoyeon is starting to feel uneasy.

"Hyoyeon, I'm really sorry but I think I need to leave again. There is a job offer in Macau and like you, I want to reach my dream. You know I want to be an Interior Designer(A/N: My Dream. :D) since I'm young." Soeun was interrupted by Hyoyeon.

"Unnie...I don't want you to leave." Hyoyeon tears is starting to form as she tightens her grip on her sister's hand.

"Hyoyeon, it's just a two-year contract. You wouldn't even realize that it had passed when I come back. Besides, we're still young so let's just enjoy our life." Soeun said happily.

"I guess you're right. I also want you to enjoy your life and not be bored at home. Just promise me that you'll call me everyday okay?" Hyoyeon said as she extended her pinky.

Soeun intertwined her pinky with Hyoyeon's and added, "I promise."

"Have you already told Bummie-oppa?" Hyoyeon curiously said.

"I'll tell him soon." Soeun said faking a smile.

 

Author's comments: Everyone! Thanks for the comments. I just watched Harry Potter last friday. It was epic! but their accent is really hard to understand. BUMMER! 

I have an idea for my next fanfic but I have none for this one :(

Who is the host?

Let's find out soon.