Getting to know

Please hold my hand :)

"Hey unnie, how's your date?" Hyoyeon cheerfully asked her sister.

"Its fine. We just rode a  lot of rides. We ate together. That's all" Soeun replied.

"Okay." Hyoyeon felt disappointed.

What really happened that day--

[Flashback]

"I guess we're alone." Bummie said to Soeun.

"So what are we going to do now?" Soeun asked him.

"Do you like riding those?" Bummie asked as he pointed to one of the roller coasters.

"Those? I really like those but I guess I change because now, I'm not that interested.. Do you?" Soeun asked curiously.

"I guess I have the same case. Lets just sit down for a while and lets think of things to do." Bummie suggested.

"Okay." Soeun and Bummie then sat on one of the benches inside the food court.

The two of them are just looking around when Bummied decided to create a conversation.

"Soeun-ssi, you said you just started painting two years ago. Is there something that happened two years ago that made you like painting?" Bummie asked seriously.

Soeun's cheerful face vanished but she tried to smile. Bummie noticed her face, "If it's something bad or personal, you don't have to tell me." He said. 

"It's okay, so what happened two years ago is it was my and my ex-boyfriend's third year anniversary. We were suppose to meet in The Cafe. I waited for him for about 3 hours but he didn't come. On my home, I found him kissing another girl." Soeun's starting to be teary but she continued her story.

"--After that day, I kept ignoring him then he came to The Cafe to talk to me. I said to him that I need some space and it's better to just end it. He said its my lost not his. I didn't tell him what I saw. You wanna know why?" Soeun's tears then started to fall.

"I guess I fell in love with him so bad that I don't want him to feel bad for what he did. I'm crazy right?" Soeun said as she wipe her tears.

"You're not crazy Soeun." Bummie comforted her.

"It's so embarassing. I'm crying in front of you. I'm really sorry." Soeun was trying to laugh.

"It's okay Soeun. To be honest, I'm experiencing the same feeling too." Bummie said as he gave Soeun a bottled water.

"You see, I have a girlfriend before. We love each other very much to the point I even told her that I will propose to her after college but one day, she told me that she's going to the U.S. It's been 4 years but I'm still waiting for her to come back. That's why I keep ignoring the girls that are telling they like me.Now I think I'm crazier than you." Bummie commented. 

Soeun laughed at what he said. "Who knows? Maybe she'll come back." She added.

Bummie nodded. "What do you think the other two are doing right now?" Soeun asked.

"They're probably riding those roller coasters" Bummie added.

"I think they just called us to be chaperones for their "own" date." Soeun commented.

"I think so too." Bummie chuckled.

"Bummie-ssi, how did you became friends with Junho-ssi?" Soeun curiously asked.

"Junho? Well I love soccer since high school and everytime we have a game; I always see him watching the game. One day, I asked him why he always watch our game. He said that I look so cool when I'm playing and he's a fan. From that instant, our personalities clicked. I saw how smart and hardworking Junho is. He's a very cool younger brother too even though we're not connected so my mother treats him like a son too. Sometimes, I even feel like he's the favorite. I'm just kidding." Bummie explained.

"That's a long friendship. By the way, you're living together right?"Soeun started to feel happy again.

"Yes, we started living together about 2 years ago. He's a very good housemate."Bummie said.

"That's cool. I guess both of you are so independent." Soeun smiled. Bummie smiled back and added, "I don't know if I'm suppose to tell you this but the true independent one is Junho. He grew in an orphanage till was 16 and I don't know how he managed to survive high school by himself. I think that money he earned in every spelling bee, math competition or any academic contests he joined are the ones he uses to provide from himself. He said the only thing he got from his parents is a single picture but Junho never showed any signs of hatred towards his parents. He's so kind."

Soeun was speechless by the sudden confession.

'I never realized a boy with a bright smile everyday has a very dark past. If he's the one for Hyoyeon, I wouldn't mind. I have a good feeling he'll going to take good care of my sister.' Soeun thought.

Soeun was looking around when she saw Hyoyeon and Junho. She was approaching them when they ran away. She just went back to the bench.

"I guess your sister is afraid of you" Bummie joked.

"I guess too. Those kids are adorable. Do you know that they are classmates in middle school?" Soeun informed him happily.

"Really? That's nice. Do you know that Junho never liked a girl before? I guess Hyoyeon is the first." Bummie added and chuckled.

Soeun laughed. She then added, "Hyoyeon never noticed a guy before too except the guy in her middle school. The guy turned out to be Junho."

Bummie and Soeun both giggled at what they said. Soeun was laughing when she noticed Bummie's dimples.

'This guy has dimples. No wonder a lot of girls fall for this guy.' Soeun thought to herself.

"Bummie-ssi, can I ask you a favor?" Soeun suddenly asked.

"Sure, what is it?" Bummie faced Soeun.

"Can you teach me how to play soccer?" Soeun shyly said.

"Sure! No problem." Bummie said.

"I'm free on weekdays? Are you okay with that? By the way, I think we need to exchange numbers in case." Soeun suggested.

"I'm okay with that. " Bummie agreed then they exchanged their phones and entered each other's number.

"Are you hungry?" Bummie asked.

"To be honest, I am" Soeun replied.

"Okay, just wait here and I'm just going to get some food." Bummie then stood up and went to get some food.

Soeun's POV

My sister said we are going to bond today but she left me with Bummie. He's a new friend of mine. He's a nice guy though and who knew, he has some problems too. I asked him to teach me soccer because I'm having a hard time on that subject. My sister said this was suppose to be a date for us but I think she is enjoying this day more than me. I mean I enjoy talking to Bummie about a lot of things but there's nothing more to it.

Bummie's POV

Junho said we're going to celebrate but he left me with Soeun, my new friend. She's pretty indeed. She asked me to teach her soccer and I agreed. It's a nice way to pay her for teaching me how to paint. She have a very sad past though. I wish I could help but I can't help myself too. By the way, I really like talking to Soeun. She's always smiling. 

[end]

Bummie came back with a tray of food on his hands.

"Thank you!" Soeun said.

"It's my treat." Bummie said and then smiled.

Soeun looked at the her watch. [4:00PM](A/N: Just imagine they talked about a lot of things...a lot)

"O time sure flies. It's already 4:00PM" She said then started eating her noodles.

"We didn't even notice it. After we eat, lets look for those two." Bummie suggested. Soeun nodded.

When they finished eating, the two were walking around when they saw Hyoyeon crying and Junho was hugging her. The two of them  both rushed to see what happened. They look at each other and smiled before they  said "What do we have here?" in unison.

------------------------------------------

To Soeun:

Soeun-ssi, I had a great time talking to you. 

-Bummie

-------------------------------------------

To Bummie:

Me too! See you on school :)

-Soeun

 

 

Author's comment: Sorry for another lame chapter. "Getting-to-know" chapter.

Thanks for liking my JunHyo moments. don't worry I'm going to try to speed things up :D