I guess we are going to be partners...

Please hold my hand :)

 

“Unnie, you didn’t tell me what happened in your classes yesterday.” Hyoyeon curiously complained to her sister.

“Hmmn…let’s see..I saw a lot of new faces and there are a lot of girls that became my new friends. It’s a fun day. How about you? I know there is a single thing that might have caught your attention” Soeun asked her sister.

“There’s one thing that caught my attention. It’s a guy in my—class.” Hyoyeon suddenly stopped.

“A g-guy in your class?” Soeun interrupted her sister.

“Unnie, the thing is that when I was about to get out, he grabbed my hand and he just introduced himself to me. He’s weird. He wants me to be his friend and I was thinking, “Why me?” Hyoyeon’s raised an eyebrow.

“My little sister caught some guy’s attention. What did he look like? Is he cute? “ Soeun sister.

“Unnie!... Well he doesn’t look that attractive to me. He looks like just a typical lazy boy that is forced to go to school by his parents.” Hyoyeon explained to her sister.

“A lazy boy huh? That sounds interesting especially the thing he spent his time just to talk to you. Just tell me what happens next.” Soeun gave her sister a big grin.

“Wait unnie, what about the boys in your class? I’m just curious too.” Hyoyeon happily waited for a reply.

“Let’s not talk about the boys in my class.” Soeun face became serious.

“Sorry unnie.  I’m really curious why didn’t you tell him about what’s the reason you broke up with him?” Hyoyeon asked her sister.

_flashback_

It was Soeun and her boyfriend’s third year anniversary and they were supposed to meet in a restaurant.

Soeun waited for three hours and the sky began to dim so she realized maybe something important happened with her boyfriend so it’s better for her to go home but when she was walking in an alley on her way home, she saw her boyfriend kissing another girl. She felt like she was being stabbed in the heart. She decided not to cause any scene so she just went home. There she hugged her little sister and cried her heart out. After that incident, she ignored her boyfriend but one day, he came to the café where she was working.

“What’s wrong with you? Why aren’t you answering my calls and you’re not replying back to my text messages?” The guy asked Soeun who was working in the counter.

“Nothing, I just realized that there are people in the world that you couldn’t trust even you knew each other for such a long time now.” Soeun replied back as she continues wiping the glasses in the counter.

“What do you mean? I don’t understand this.”He complained back.

“I just need some space” Soeun glanced at him.

“Why? What did I do?”His face looks puzzled.

“I just realized that I’m not good enough for you.”Soeun bit her lip.

“I really don’t understand you.” His eyes met hers but Soeun just smiled as she said, “I realized that we are not meant for each other so let’s just end this. I hope you find happiness.”

“You know what? You’re crazy!” He gave her an evil smirked as he added, “Yeah, let’s just end this. It’s your loss not mine.”

Then he left slamming the café’s front door. She tried to stop her tears but it started to flow slowly from her sad eyes. She resumed working but she hid her emotions by creating a fake smile.

After the break up, Soeun was deeply hurt so she decided to use her time in painting.

_end of flashback_

“I don’t know too but maybe I want him to realize that if he loves me that time, he’ll never do it or if he did love me, he’ll feel bad that he cheated on me and he’ll try to fix our relationship at least once. He never came back so I guess he’s fine that we broke up. I guess our relationship is just a joke and it’ll be like that forever.”Soeun explained to her sister.

“Now I understand it better. I’ll be here forever for you unnie.” Hyoyeon assured her sister as she gave her a tight hug.

“Hyoyeon, after you’re done with your food, go take a shower and dress up. We have school again.” Soeun ordered her younger sister.

“Okay, unnie” Hyoyeon then took a shower and dressed up.

The two sisters then drove off to their school.

“Same place okay?” Soeun asked Hyoyeon.

“Yes unnie” Hyoyeon gave her sister an O.K sign and then she started to walk towards her classroom.

________________________________________________________________________

“Hey hyung, what happened to you at school yesterday? I’m just curious” Junho asked Bummie.

“Well I played soccer at PE yesterday. Guess what? I have a painting class today and I don’t know what to anticipate.” Bummie gave Junho a confused look.

“Hyung and painting? I don’t know if that’s a good combination.” Junho .

“Stop teasing me. How about you? How did your bad boy image go?” Bummie asked him curiously.

“Well I think it turned out well but there is one girl in my class. She looks interesting for some unknown reasons.” Junho answered his question.

“Junho, this is the first time you liked a girl. To think of it, that girl might have something unique for her to catch your attention. Let’s just see what will happen next. To be honest, you do need a girlfriend.” He gave Junho a smirk.

“Hyung, are you done with your food? We’ll be late for school.”Junho changed the subject.

When they arrived at the gate of the university, “Hey Junho, let’s meet at the gate again, ok?” Bummie clarified himself.

Junho nodded and they proceeded to their classes.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Author’s POV

“Okay class, Welcome again to “Introduction to Literature”. My name is Ms. Jang and I’ll be your teacher for this year. I hope we’ll both have fun and learn together.”The teacher said to her class.

Hyoyeon still feels awkward beside Junho but she was trying her best to stay focus. On the other hand, Junho also feels weird towards his seatmate.

The teacher suddenly announced “Guys, our first project this year is about this book.”She showed the class the book. “You’re going to be working by pairs and your seatmate is going to be your partner. You’ll be creating a book report that describes the different perspectives of the characters towards the same problem. One will be the protagonist and the other one will be the antagonist. Go on, talk to your partner and plan this out.”The teacher concluded her message.

Junho and Hyoyeon were both shocked and speechless but because they are both into academics, they ignored the awkwardness and they greeted each other—

“Hi” said Hyoyeon

“I guess we are going to be partners.” Junho said.

“Yes we are but to start this project, who’s going to be the protagonist or the antagonist?”Hyoyeon replied.

“I’ll be the antagonist and you could be the protagonist” Junho suggested.

“If that’s what you want then I think we’re done with the plan.” She gave Junho a smile and they she went to get the books.

“Do you like reading books?” Hyoyeon asked Junho

“Me? Of course…not because I think books are boring.”Junho answered

‘Woo, that was close. I thought I was going to break my image before it is being created.’ Junho thought to himself.

“That’s what I thought” Hyoyeon whispered.

“What? Are you saying something?” Junho heard it but he pretended that he didn’t.

“Nothing I said you just have to deal with this if you want to pass” Hyoyeon reminded him.

“Whatever. This is just a waste of time. I’ll just try my best in reading but remember I’m doing this because of you. What I mean is I don’t want someone not to pass because I’m not responsible.

‘I’ve read this book a long time ago but just looking at it makes me want to read it again. It’s filled with a lot of memories. ‘Junho said to himself.

“Good, I guess we need to start reading but I’ll just get the requirements for the project” Hyoyeon happily said it and then she went to get the requirements. She gave one to Junho.

Junho glanced at it and then he said “It’s the first project but why does it looks so hard?”

“That’s why we are working in pairs” Hyoyeon gave Junho an intense look.

Junho browsed the book. He quickly flipped the pages and then he just dropped it in his table.

“Aish. This book doesn’t have pictures on it. Words. Words. Words. I hate this!”Junho complained.

“Well if you don’t like reading it then I’ll ask the teacher to change my partner.”Hyoyeon stood up and was about to talk to the teacher but Junho stood up and pleaded. “No, it’s okay. I’ll start reading” and then he picked up the back and started to read the first page. Hyoyeon made a big grin and chuckled.

“Okay class, the due date for this project is in three weeks. I hope you will work well with your partners.”The teacher said to her class.

Hyoyeon and Junho just stared at each other.

“Okay, just read the book and when we’re done with the book, we will start on the report. Just focus on the antagonist perspective.” Hyoyeon reminded Junho.

Junho nodded.

Then the school bell rang. Junho blocked Hyoyeon who was about to leave.

“Hey partner, what’s your next class?” Junho asked.

“Why do you want to know?” Hyoyeon answered while she raised her eyebrow.

“I’m just asking. You don’t have to be that mean.” Junho replied.

“I have Chemistry 101 at room 231” Hyoyeon said

“What? Did you just say Chemistry 101 at ROOOMM 231? That’s my next class too.” Junho laughed.

Hyoyeon gave him an unpleased look and then she continued to walk to her class.

Junho decided not to stop her so he just followed her.

When they arrived, they greeted the teacher at the same time. Hyoyeon then gave him a glare.

Junho apologized and then they proceeded to their seats.

Junho saw a seat on the back next to the wall but when he was about to walk over there, he saw Hyoyeon took the seat so he just sat on the seat that’s in front of Hyoyeon because it’s the only that’s free.

‘Yey! I’m seating on the back. Aish. Now this guy is seating in front of me.” Hyoyeon said to herself.

The class went on like forever. The teacher is talking about cells while some students are taking notes.

Hyoyeon was just doodling in her notebook when she saw a glimpse of Junho’s notebook. She saw that it was really neat but it doesn’t amaze her for she thinks that Junho is bored in class and he’ll rather sleep than listen to the teacher and write some notes down. Junho then asked the teacher if he could go out to drink. When he went out, Hyoyeon saw that the other side of the notebook has words on it. She tried to read but Junho already came back. Junho immediately closed the notebook.

‘I hope Hyoyeon didn’t see my notes. I don’t like anyone to know that I was really paying attention in class.’ Junho thought.

After that the school bell rang, the students began to pack their things. Junho and Hyoyeon glanced at each other and then they looked away again. Junho decided to find Bummie while Hyoyeon looked for her sister…

Author’s comment: This story is weird. This chapter is really long. OOPS/ I’ll work on Chapter 4. I really don’t know how and where to end a chapter :|