The Truth Comes Out

SHINee's American Dongseng

Sunday, August 24

 

There’s a very good explanation as to why I didn’t write yesterday. I was busy.

I had to practice all day yesterday for our upcoming performance, and when I wasn’t practicing, I was crying.

 

I don’t know what to do.

 

Last thing you heard from me, there was someone at my door. It was Jonghyun inviting me to join the guys in the living room for a movie.

For some reason, the decision was made to watch a romance. I think it was mostly Key’s idea, but he got a lot of support from Jonghyun.

 

In the movie, there was something about the main boy being the only person the main girl had ever kissed. (just my luck, right?)

When the movie was finally over, Taemin looked over at me and smiled. “I’m glad I’m the only boy you’ve ever kissed. It makes me feel really special.”

 

I looked down at the floor and started tapping my feet. “Yeah, about that.”

“What about that?” He asked, his voice full of suspicion and anger.

 

“Um… Well… you remember that day last weekend when Jinki and I came home from practice early?”

He stood up from the sofa and stood above me. “What are you trying to say?”

 

I avoided his gaze. “Well, we had both had a little alcohol and were pretty messed up. It didn’t mean anything. It was a mistake.”

“You two kissed?” He screamed at me.

 

Jinki stood up from his spot on the floor. “Don’t be mad at her, Taemin. I was the one who let her have too much to drink.”

Taemin stomped over to Jinki, balled his fists, and punched Jinki in the stomach.

 

TAEMIN” I screamed and jumped to my feet.

Minho and Key ran over to Jinki to see if he was okay as he curled over in pain and slumped to the floor. Jonghyun jumped between him and Taemin.

 

“You can all stay out of this!” Taemin yelled before turning back to me, anger masking his usual sweet and cute face. “How could you do this to me?”

I looked at Jinki who was still on the floor clutching his stomach, but it appeared he would be alright, so I turned back to Taemin, stunned at what he had just done. “I… I wasn’t in my right mind. It was a mistake.”

 

MISTAKE?!?” He screamed. “Mistake or not, you still kissed a boy who isn’t your boyfriend. And of all people, it had to be HIM?!?” He pointed to Jinki. “Do you have any idea how much the rumors about you two bugged me? You’re supposed to be MY girl.

 

I had had enough. “Well what about YOU?!” I yelled. “If you didn’t get all worked up like a little kid about a bunch of stupid rumors, this would have never happened. Why do you have to be such a child?”

 

A child? YOU’RE CALLING ME A CHILD?! At least I don’t cheat on my girlfriend!”

“AT LEAST I TRUST YOU! IT’S LIKE YOU EXPECT ME TO MAKE OUT WITH EVEY BOY I MEET! WHY CAN’T YOU TRUST ME?!?”

“WELL OBVIOUSLY YOU DON’T DESERVE MY TRUST! LOOK WHAT YOU DID AS SOON AS YOU TWO ARE LEFT ALONE!”

 

Jinki stood up from the floor. “Leave her alone, Taemin.”

DON’T TALK TO ME!” Taemin screamed. “YOU DESERVE AS MUCH BLAME AS SHE DOES! YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED HER! THIS IS YOUR FAULT TOO!!”

 

“LEAVE HIM ALONE!” I yelled. “THIS IS BETWEEN YOU AND ME.”

Taemin turned back to me. “OH SURE, COME TO HIS DEFENSE! WHY DON’T YOU DATE HIM IF YOU LIKE HIM SO MUCH?!”

“WELL AT LEAST HE TRUSTS ME AND DOESN’T ACT LIKE A BABY!”

 

Taemin paused and looked into my eyes. I was furious. Why did he have to act like such a child? It was a mistake, why couldn’t he see that? I never meant for any of this to happen. If he had gone off, gotten drunk, and kissed some girl, I would be upset, but I would get over it. I certainly wouldn’t have done what he did then.

 

“Oh is that so?” He asked, so calmly that it was scary. “Well, in that case, we’re OVER!!!”

 

He stomped out the front door, being sure to give Jinki a shove on his way out.

The other 5 of us just stood there, dumbfounded.

 

“He broke up with me?” I started crying.

Jonghyun looked at me and then the door. “I’m gonna go after him and see if I can talk some sense into him.” He ran out the door.

 

The tears started flowing down my face and I couldn’t stop them.

“Hannah,” Jinki started.

 

I gave him once glance before fleeing into my room to cry on my bed.

 

I must have lain there for no more than 20 minutes before I heard a knock on my door.

GO AWAY!” I screamed. I figured it was probably Jinki but I really didn’t want to talk to him.

If not Jinki, then probably Taemin, either to yell at me some more or try to apologize. I didn’t want either. I just wanted to be left alone.

 

The door opened anyway.

I sat up in my bed, ready to yell at whoever came through the door.

 

To my surprise, it wasn’t Jinki or Taemin. It was Key.

I opened my mouth to tell him to leave, but no sound came out.

 

He came in and closed the door behind him. He had a tray in one hand.

 

He walked toward my bed and set the tray down on my desk. It had tea on it.

Right in front of me, he mixed my tea and added a large helping of honey.

 

He didn’t have to say anything. I knew how much he cared without his words.

He blew on my tea to cool it down before handing it to me and seating himself next to me on my bed.

 

I held the hot tea in my hands, warming them and letting the steam flow over my face. It was warm and relaxing. I immediately felt better, but still not great.

 

Key grabbed a rag off the tray. He held it gently against my face, which was red and swollen from crying. The rag was warm and just a bit damp.

He said one word: “Drink.”

 

I slowly began to drink my tea. He sat next to me the whole time.

As soon as I was finished, I couldn’t help but start crying again.

Key put his arms around me and pulled me close. I buried my face in his chest and cried silently for who knows how long.

 

The next thing I remember, it was morning. I was lying in my bed with the covers over me.

Key must have stayed with me until I fell asleep and tucked me in.

It was still early and none of the boys were up, so I stayed in bed and cried some more.

 

After an hour or so, there was another knock on my door.

I peeked out of the covers. This time it was Jonghyun.

 

He brought me a hot breakfast and tea. He stayed with me until I finished eating and took my dishes back to the kitchen.

I crawled back under the covers, but he came back.

 

“Hannah, it’s time to get up. We have to practice.”

“I don’t want to.”

“I know.”

 

I sat up.

He walked over to me. “Go wash up and get dressed. We have to leave soon.”

“Okay.”

 

He pulled me out of bed and into a hug. He kissed the top of my head and left me to get ready.

 

I spent the rest of the day practicing. Jinki and Taemin were both there. They didn’t talk to each other or to me. Minho stood by me whenever he was able, taking care of me throughout the day.

 

I went back to my room after practice, without dinner, and started crying again.

Minho brought me dinner.

 

I went to bed and today passed almost exactly the same way, except I somehow managed to write this evening.

 

Tomorrow is Monday and I’m supposed to be all bright and bubbly and pretend none of this ever happened. To the viewers, it never did.

It’s a good thing I’m an actress.




___________________________________________________________

Please don't hate me! I had to do it! 

I wasn't planning on this happening when I started, but things just turned out that way.

That's life. Sometimes it .

 

And then sometimes, you get over your writers block and promise your upset readers a new chapter in the near future. 
But who can say whether they'll like it or not.


Thanks for reading!