Out with Onew

SHINee's American Dongseng

Wednesday, August 20

 

SO! I’ve got to be honest, today was a lot of fun! I was worried at first, because I’d be spending the whole day with Jinki, but it was actually really nice!

 

We actually got to sleep in this morning! We weren’t supposed to leave for the scavenger hunt until about 10 and both our managers agreed that we needed a little break. We got to sleep until 7:30!

After that, we ate breakfast, got our makeup on, and met in the living room.

 

A little tidbit on breakfast. It’s kinda weird, we eat rice with literally EVERY meal here. I’m not used to it, but I’ve never been particularly attached to the idea of eating breakfast foods for breakfast. And I’m even less attached to the idea of eating American food every day. I really love foods from other countries.

 

I am getting so off track.
 

Once we were all in the living room, we divided up into teams. Minho/Jonghyun, Taemin/Key, Jinki/me.

We all received a piece of paper with a list of items we were supposed to get on our trip and we headed out.

 

Each team had a separate car. As we headed to our first destination, where we thought we’d probably be able to find the most items, the car was totally silent.

 

I felt the awkward atmosphere. I’m not sure what Jinki was thinking about, but I couldn’t stop thinking about the fact that the last time we were alone together we started making out.

But if we were going to spend the whole day together, this awkwardness would have to go.

 

“Um… Jinki?” I asked hesitantly.

He looked at me as if he had just snapped to his senses. I guess he had zoned out. “Yeah?”

 

“Um…” I looked down at my hands and started picking my fingernails, a long time bad habit of mine.

 

“Are you going to talk about what happened the other day?” He asked me.

 

I felt my face get hot and looked in the rearview mirror. I was pink.

“Well, it’s just that I… It didn’t really…” I sighed.

 

“Don’t worry about it.” He turned away and looked out the window.

 

 

“Don’t worry about it?” I asked, appalled. He turned to me, confused.

DON’T WORRY ABOUT IT!??!” I was practically screaming at him. “I have a boyfriend but I made out with my best friend behind his back. And you say to NOT WORRY ABOUT IT?!?”

 

He put his hand on my shoulder, eyes wide. “Calm down, Hannah!”

“DON’T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!!!”

 

He sighed and looked away. “Look Hannah, everyone makes mistakes.”

“And that is supposed to help HOW??”

 

“I just mean that neither of us meant anything by it.” He made eye contact with me again. “We were both drunk, we both messed up, and we both know it won’t happen again.”

“Okay, and what am I supposed to tell Taemin?” I glared at him.

 

“The truth. It was a mistake and it won’t happen again. If I was in his position, I’d understand and move on. He’ll probably do the same.”

 

I stared at the floor of the car, thinking everything over. He was right, it was a mistake and it won’t ever happen again. It’s not like I meant to cheat on my boyfriend, I was drunk. He can’t hold me accountable for anything I did.

 

And I can’t hold Jinki accountable for anything he did either.

 

I took a deep breath. “You’re right.”

He looked at me surprised.

“I’m sorry I yelled at you.” I said.

 

He smiled. “It’s okay. You needed to get your feelings out. I get that. Can we just… forget anything ever happened and have fun today?”

I smiled back. “Yeah. I think we can.”

 

Just then we got to our destination: Insadong. (quite convenient timing, don’t you think?)

We hopped out of the car and read out our list. I can’t remember all the items on the list, but here are a bunch:

-Take a photo with a fan of the show

-Go to lunch and spend less than half the money you earned

-Buy a couple item and take a photo while wearing them

-Get an autograph from a stranger

-Photograph both members eating from a street vendor

-Take photo booth pictures together (bring back)

-Photograph of both members at the top of N Seoul Tower

-Buy and bring back SHINee merchandise

-Photograph of old couple kissing

-Photo of a blue door

-Video of both members doing cartwheels in a park

-Video of both members singing or dancing on a crowded street

 

That’s all I can remember, there were a lot more on the list, but you get the idea.

 

We started out by walking down the streets and asking everyone if they watched our show, SAD. (SHINee’s American Dongseng)

It didn’t really take us that long. I think we have an advantage over the other teams. If anyone even recognizes me, it probably means they’re a fan of the show. So, we took a picture with this large group of teenage girls who then all proceeded to ask Jinki for his autograph. I was a little bit irritated at that… probably because they were taking away from our valuable time.

 

After that, we were thinking about getting food from a street vendor, but neither of us really wanted to. We were both pretty full from breakfast.

Instead, we walked down the street looking to find some of the other things on our list.

 

We eventually came across a little store with SHINee merchandise everywhere. We walked around the store to find couple items.

We tried to find something we’d both like. In the end, we found some couple shirts and bought them, along with our SHINee merchandise.

We put our shirts on over what we were wearing and took a picture.

 

After we left the store, Jinki made the comment that it was really awkward to buy his own merchandise.

 

We looked back at the list and my eyes immediately fell on “Video of both members singing or dancing on a crowded street.

“Should we do this one?” I asked him, taking out my iPhone to record.

 

“Sure. Do you want to sing or dance?”

I laughed. “I think I would rather sing. You dance.”

 

“Okay, start recording!”

I started the recording along with 25 or 30 other girls who had all pulled out their phones.

 

Jinki started skipping and dancing down the street. He spun around in circles and skipped until he tripped over… air I guess, and fell over.

 

I ran over. “Are you okay?”

He laughed. “Yeah, I’m fine.” He dusted off his knees. “Give me your phone. It’s your turn to embarrass yourself.”

 

I sighed and handed over my phone. But what song would I sing? I slowly stepped out, very aware of the 50 or so people all with their phones out and pointed at me. I started singing Boa’s Disturbance, a song I really love and have memorized all the lyrics to.

 

I looked around me as I was singing. Every eye and ear near me was paying total attention to me. My heart started beating faster and faster.

I turned around and saw Jinki standing there, filming me and smiling brightly.

 

I stared at him, tuning out the whole world around me. It really calmed me down.

 

When the song was over, all the people that had formed a huge circle around me started clapping. I turned bright pink.

 

Jinki walked up to me and handed my phone back. “I think we should probably get away from all these people.”

“Yes please.”

 

As it was getting close to noon, we headed into a restaurant and sat down.

As soon as we were sitting, Jinki leaned over to me. “That wasn’t fair.”

 

“What are you talking about?”

“I danced around the street and embarrassed myself. You were supposed to embarrass yourself too, but you didn’t. You were amazing!”

I blushed and looked down at the table. “Thanks.”

 

He pouted. “Would it have been so hard to embarrass yourself for me?”

 

I tossed my hair and smiled. “I’m sorry. It’s really hard for me to be bad at things.”

I do have my sassy moments.

 

Jinki just laughed at me. Our waitress came to get our order.

We had to keep it cheap so we wouldn’t spend more than half our money.

 

We left the restaurant and looked back at our list.

“Oh we should have gotten an autograph from our waitress!” I complained.

I turned around thinking about going back in when I noticed it. “JINKI!” I pulled on his sleeve and he spun around.

 

“The restaurant has a blue door!” I exclaimed! Jinki looked back at the list. “Go stand in front of it and I’ll take your picture with it.”

 

He ran up to the door and made a pose with the door. I laughed and took the picture.

Just then, someone tried to walk out of the restaurant but hit Jinki with the door on the way out.

 

I just stood to the side laughing as both Jinki and the person leaving the store repeatedly apologized and bowed. The whole ordeal ended with Jinki giving the customer an autograph.

 

After that, we headed to N Seoul Tower. We took the cable car up to the top and took WAY too many pictures.

We took pictures of Jinki and me in the cable car, at the top, and going back down.

 

While we were at the top, we just happened to run into Minho and Jonghyun.

 

“Enjoying your date?” Jonghyun teased.

I glared at him. “Not funny.”

 

“How far have you gotten through your list?” Minho asked.

Jinki replied. “We’ve done a lot, what about you?”

“We’ve done a lot too,” Jonghyun responded. “But Minho here doesn’t want to sing or dance on a crowded street.”

 

“Oh come on, oppa!” I complained. “Onew did it! He even fell over with lots of fans filming him.”

“Well, unlike Onew, I have a reputation to keep up.” He teased. “I can’t make a fool of myself like that.”

I punched his shoulder. “Oppaaaa… be nice.”

Onew looked down at his wrist. “Oh would you look at the time?”

 

“Jinki oppa, you’re not wearing a watch.” I laughed.

He grabbed my wrist. “See you guys later.”

 

We left Jonghyun and Minho laughing at us.

 

When we got back to the bottom, we decided to take videos of us doing cartwheels.

Now, I’m not very good at cartwheels, but at least I didn’t fall on my like Jinki did… twice.

It was getting to be pretty far into our amount of time. We only had about an hour and a half left. We headed out to another shopping center.

 

The first thing we found was a photo booth. We both climbed in and took pictures.

It was so much fun! We made all sorts of silly faces and then doodled all over them. Jinki stuck them in his pocket for safekeeping.

 

We headed out into the street again and decided to get food from a street vendor. We took a bunch of selcas with our food.

 

After we ate, Jinki turned to the lady running the street cart and said “That was the best food I think I’ve ever eaten! Ahjumma, can I have your autograph please?” he a piece of paper at the lady.

 

The expression on her face was priceless! She was so confused! But eventually, she took the scrap of paper from Jinki and signed it.

 

“Oh thank you, thank you, ahjumma!”

I couldn’t stop laughing.

 

After that we headed home. We counted up all the items and pictures we got.

Jinki and I won! The weird thing was that our pictures from the photo booth was missing. I asked Jinki about it but he just shrugged.

 

We didn’t get a lot of things on the list, like the photo of an old couple kissing. I wasn’t surprised. I didn’t really expect to get that one.

 

After that, we went to the SM building and practiced the rest of the day.

It was a long day, but a good one. Tomorrow is my solo training day. I think I’m getting really close to memorizing this dance I have to learn.

Jinki said that memorizing the dances gets easier and easier the more you do. I’m really glad. This is pretty hard.

 

Well, goodnight!

 

___________________________________________________________

I hope you guys like reading this as much as I enjoy writing it! I will hopefully be coming out with more chaptes soon, but after a certain point, I don't know where i'm going to take the story.

Look forward to it!