Minho Week Begins

SHINee's American Dongseng

Monday, August 18


Today marked the beginning of our 4th week of filming, and it's been a month since I cam back on Taemin's Birthday. A lot has changed since then.

It's Minho week! So today we stayed at the dorm and played games.

After Breakfast we played what was some strange version of Apples to Apples. Basically what we did was everyone got a bunch of card with nouns on them and we had to match them with an adjective to get cards. The first person to 7 cards was the winner. Only here's the catch... The nouns were in Korean but the adjectives were in English.

 

It was a really great way to practice my Korean while they boys worked on their English. I actually knew a lot of the Korean words, but there were some that were references to famous people and places that I had no idea about.

It was a lot of fun though. The boys were pretty good at it and so was I. I ended up losing though... Key won. I think that our language skills are about equal, but it also matters what card you get and mine were pretty bad.

 

After that, the writers for the show told us our activity for Wednesday. We're going to drive around on teams, collecting items and taking pictures. After 4 hours, we'll all head back to the dorm and whichever team collected the most items/pictures wins.

That being said, I don't expect the things to be easy to get.

Oh and one thing... Jinki and I are on a team. That should be interesting, we haven't spoken since... well... you know. I accidentally let slip "Jinki Oppa" while we were playing our version of Apples to Apples earlier and Taemin looked at me confused.

"Well, that's his real name, isn't it?" I asked innocently.
Taemin looked away but didn't say anything about it. I looked over at Jinki. He was looking at me.
I looked away.

I still don't know what I'm supposed to do.

 

Anyway, the reason the writers told us about Wednesday's activity beforehand was because we played a game today that had to do with it.

It seems that there may be some things on the list that cost money, so they decided that we'd play a game to determine how much money we get. It was just a little game, but I kicked !

We had a bunch of ping pong balls and paddles. The point was to bounce the ball on the paddles as many times as possible. As I actually HAVE a ping pong table, I was really good, which was handy since we got what is about the equivalent of one american dollar for every two bounces.

Jinki got out first. He's so clumsy. He only managed to bounce the ball about 6 times, getting us three dollars. Thanks Oppa.

I stopped paying attention after that, I was very focused. After about 30 seconds, I was the only one left playing.The boys all watched me and cheered me on as the ball just kept bouncing and bouncing. I managed to get up to 136 bounces.

However, since Jinki got out so fast, we didn't really have much more money than any either team. The other teams were Minho and Jonghyun, Taemin and Key.

 

I've been spending more time with Jonghyun, Minho, and Key recently. I guess that's understandable, I don't really want to talk to Taemin or Jinki. Is love supposed to be this difficult?

I'm tired from practiing all day. Goodnight.

 

Tuesday, August 19

 

Today was the day that Minho and I worked together one on one. Since there was really no hope for me rapping, we decided to focus on acting which of course meant more plays.

We also worked on dancing, but mostly on acting. we talked about strategies for a while, but with Acting, the best way to learn is to do.

I'm afraid that I don't really know any famous Korean fairy tales, but luckily Minho knows a lot of American ones. Since there were only the two of us, we could only do very simple stories. We picked "Beauty and the Beast" since it was pretty simple and we both knew it well.

 

It started out very seriously. We found me a dress I could wear and gave Minho a fake beard. (that's about as serious as we can get)

I began by pretending I was walking through the woods. I shivered and wrapped my arms around myself. Eventually, I saw Minho's castle (or pretended I did) and walked in. Inside, I explored the castle, looking for my father. when I found him (he was invisible) Minho snuck up behind me and growled.

"Why are you here?"

"I came to find my father"

"He can go home if you stay."

"Fine"

 

We didn't really remember exactly how the story went... we were just kinda winging it.

We walked through the story as best as we could, but it slowly got more and more ridiculous. It was especially apparent when the scene came around when we were supposed to waltz in the grand library or whatever. We ended up just doing the dance for their most recent songs, since I went to a lot of their rehearsals and already knew the dance. After that, since we didn't have a bad guy to come mess up our lives, we decided that the beast just got really sick.

blah blah blah... The beast almost dies, Belle (I) confess my love, and Minho takes off his fake beard to become the handsome man he actually is. After that we had a dance party... I don't know. I'm tired.

 

But the most important part was right before we left. we had finished our story, danced a lot, and laughed a lot.

RIght before we left, Minho looked at me and asked "are you okay?"

I looked at him confused. "Why do you ask?"

"You seem to be a bit out of it, and I've noticed some tension between you, Taemin, and Onew."

I sighed. "Well you're right. About everything."

 

He looked at me sad. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No"

 

He walked over to me and took my shoulders. "You know, you really are like a little sister to me. If you ever need to talk about anything, just know that I'm here for you. Okay?"

I looked into his eyes and almost started crying. I buried my face in his chest.

He seemed a little surprised at first, but then gave me a hug and kissed the top of my head.

 

He's a goofy guy. He loves teasing people. But he's really sweet. Out of all the members, he's the most like a big brother to me. Maybe someday I'll be able to tell him about all the craziness that has been going on recently.

 

It's been a long day, and tomorrow is my day out on the scavenger hunt with Jinki. I need to sleep.



_____________________________________________________________

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated... I've been... 

Well I would say busy but the truth is I've been lazy. and suffering from writers block. And I had to finish my first semester of college.

In the early chapters, I made a prophecy that I'd get all A's my first semester, and I did! Whoo hoo!
 

Anyway, I wasn't terribly pleased with this chapter, but I think the next one will be better. 
 

Thanks for waiting for me to get off my and write this. I hope you enjoyed the chapter!