A Kiss Goodbye

SHINee's American Dongseng

Friday, May 23

Morning


The game doesn't start till 7:10, so Taemin is using the extra time this morning to pack. He has to go back to Korea tomorrow. I can't believe it's already been a week! Well, hopefully Taemin likes baseball as much as I do!

Later

Please excuse me while I scream for a minute... AAAAAHHHHHH!!!! Okay I'm done... Maybe...

So today we went to the baseball game. First off, I always love baseball, and on Fridays, there's always a firework show after the game. Today is Friday, (well actually Saturday, as it's after midnight) so we got to see the game and fireworks! And during the fireworks... Well, perhaps I better back up...

We got to the game at around 6:30. So we walked around and found our seats. We had really good seats! We were sitting in the second level, along the third base line, pretty close to home plate. Taemin even caught a foul ball in the bottom of the 6th! But I'm getting ahead if myself.

Turner field was packed as always, so we originally had trouble staying together. That is, until Taemin grabbed my hand. As soon as he did, my I got butterflies in my tummy and looked at Taemin. He was smiling... AGAIN. I just love his smile.

The rest of the game passed without anything too exciting happening, but we did win! We cheered, did the wave, ate hot dogs, and had a great time! After the game, we had to change seats so we would have a good view of the fireworks. We found new seats high up and away from everyone else.

At some point during the fireworks, I don't really remember exactly when, Taemin grabbed my hand again. I looked at our hands, then at his face. He was looking at me... And he was VERY close to me.

Using his free hand, he pushed some loose strands of my hair behind my ear. I looked away shyly, but he gently moved my face back up and made me stare into his chocolate brown eyes. He started leaning in closer and next thing I knew... FIREWORKS! Yes, there were actual fireworks going on, but that's not what I'm talking about here. He KISSED me! It wasn't a fiery, passionate kiss, but just shy and sweet. Perfect for a first kiss.

Yes, that's right. I am almost 19 years old and, until today, I never kissed anyone. But, I also don't have any creepy ex-boyfriends. Just let that soak in for a second.

Anyway, now I'm back at my apartment and I SERIOUSLY doubt I'm going to get any sleep tonight. The only problem? Taemin goes back to Korea tomorrow... Figures. I'm going to see him off at the airport, and I guess that's going to be the end.

Saturday, May 24

Today was pretty boring, except for when I took Taemin to the airport. Okay, so I didn't exactly TAKE him... More like I just accompanied him to the airport to say goodbye. It's so weird! I've only known this guy for a WEEK, or rather, he's only known me for a week... I've known about him for what... A year and a half? Anyway, we've only known each other for a week, but I mean... HE FLIPPING KISSED ME! and I'm really worried that I'll never see him again. I am getting so off track here...

We went to the airport, though neither of us said much of anything on the way there. We got him and his camera crew checked in and walked to security. This is where the really strange thing happened.

We were almost to security when Taemin stopped me and said "it's time to say goodbye."

I was really kinda dumbfounded. Did he just want me to turn around and leave? He sighed and held both my hands in his, looking into my eyes.

"If my fans found out about what happened between us, they would all go totally crazy. I don't think either of us want that. I'm gonna tell the editors of the show to cut out... Certain parts of the trip." He smiled and turned a little bit pink. "But, if the show ends without us parting, people will be really confused. I've talked it over with the guys and we agree that we should create a fake goodbye to film, and then we can say goodbye for real."

"I understand" I replied. It wasn't my first time acting in front of a camera, but the idea of it made me uncomfortable.

Once the camera was rolling, Taemin looked at me and smiled again. God, that smile... I just can't... Anyway, he said "thank you for the trip" in Korean, and made a slight bow.

I laughed, said "thank you for coming and I hope you enjoyed your stay!" And bowed back. (Now realize, this isn't a direct translation... But you get the point)

Then it was time for our American goodbye. "Thanks for the tour!" Taemin said. "I had a wonderful time!"

"So did I! Please come visit anytime!" He shook my hand, grabbed his bags and walked away. It was strange watching him; wondering how many times he had to do this.

The cameraman said "okay we're good!" And Taemin came back.

"Do we need to do it again?" He asked.

"No, it's fine." Said the cameraman. And we went along our way.

We got to security and it was time to say goodbye for real. Even though our first goodbye felt really wrong, this one felt worse. For what seemed like an eternity we stood there, neither of us saying anything. I had a horrible knot forming in the pit of my stomach.

"Well, I guess this is it." I said, close to tears. Over the last week, we grew to like each other more than I would have thought possible in such a short period of time. But as it was, I was very sad to see him go.

"Not necessarily..." He said.

"Hmm?" Was all I could say. He smiled again. Gracious that boy likes to smile.

He started rummaging through his bags and finally pulled out a piece of paper and a pen. He wrote on the paper for about 2 minutes, ripped it in half, and gave me both pieces saying "your turn!"

I looked at both pieces of paper. One was blank. The other said "태민" (Taemin) at the top and then had his email address, snail mail address, and his phone number. I quickly wrote down mine on the other piece if paper and handed it to him. He looked it over, smiled, and put it in his pocket. "I should get going" he said.

"Yeah" I responded.

He put his arms around me. I could feel his body move when he breathed and I sighed. He let go WAY too soon. "We have to stay in touch." He said, smiling. "I want to give you a tour of where I live!"

That took me a second to comprehend. "Wait. You want me to visit you in Korea?"

He nodded. "It's only fair that I should return the favor, right?"

It was my turn to smile. "Mmhmm."

"Well then, until we meet again!" He kissed me again and started walking away. I watched him go until I couldn't see him anymore. But right before he went out of my sight, he looked back and waved.

Right now, the idea of me traveling halfway around the world just to visit Taemin seems a little bit... Unrealistic. But who knows? If I somehow get the opportunity and have the funds, I would love to go. But if not, this was the best week EVER!!! I'm definitely gonna try to stay in touch. How many girls can say they're friends with a celebrity?