Chapter 8

I'm a Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My mind has been a jumbled mess all morning and I was terribly wrong in thinking that I could sleep it off and feel better once waking up. But, the more I thought about it, the more frustrating I felt and in turn, the angrier.

Why did Daehyun have to go and be all nice to me? Did he honestly have to go out of his way to do what he did last night? And why did I leave with him? Himchan wasn’t a bad guy, in fact, he was awesome. So awesome that I actually felt bad for rejecting him. And when have I ever cared about rejecting a blind date?

Never.

I walked into school with Eunji and I could tell that she was wondering why I was in such a mood. She would turn to me and open to say something but end up closing it. She probably didn’t even have a clue on how to ask what the hell was going on with me.

“Jin…” She started off slowly, calling my pet name she had for me. “Is there something going on with you?”

“A lot.” I breathed out and it was silent again.

“So…do you want to talk about it?” She steps closer to me so she could hear my reasons on why I was acting all weird.

I took a deep breath. Maybe Eunji could help me sort out my feelings. “Uh…have you liked someone before?” I turned to look at her and saw her eyes widen into the size of saucers. “Now, it’s not what you think.” I quickly said but that didn’t stop from breaking into a grin.

“Oh my gosh.” She grabbed my hand and bounced up and down. “Do you…do you like someone?”

I clicked my tongue and yanked my hand from her bone-crushing grasp. “Never mind.”

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry.” She blurted but still couldn’t hide her squeal. “I’m just surprised that’s all, I didn’t know this day was here so quickly.” She continued to smile and I continued to grimace at her.

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“I mean, I really wasn't expecting that.”

I stopped and scoffed at her. “Then, when were you actually expecting it?”

"Not this soon.” She really wasn’t helping her case. The more she spoke, the deeper the hole she was digging for herself. “Alright, just pretend I didn’t say anything. Just tell me what’s wrong.” She stared at me intently so she could catch every single word that was going to come out of my mouth.

“I can’t take you seriously.” I answered blankly and proceeded to walk away from her. Eunji is a good friend but she has a knack for ruining moments.

 

 

 

“Wow…you looked like you aged overnight.” Youngjae clicked his tongue and Eunji snickered to herself like she knew something that I didn’t.

I placed my books into my locker and tried to ignore them. “Thanks for the enlightenment.”

“It seems you got crankier overnight too.” Youngjae said amusingly.  

I pointed at my eyes. “Does it look like I slept a wink last night?” I huffed. I was fully aware that I wasn’t in a good mood and Eunji had already let me know. I also didn’t look my best at the moment but did he have to point it out to make me feel more miserable?

“Where’s Daehyun?” Eunji looked around. My heart beat quickened after hearing his name and I felt myself getting more annoyed. I had to close my eyes and take a deep breath or else I would have blown up on someone. I shut my locker a little too loud and they flinch from the noise.

“I’m going to class.” I turned and walked away from them.

 

 

 

Today was another repeat of yesterday. I would catch myself glancing at Daehyun and getting lost in the lesson again. After class, I quickly disappeared so I wouldn’t have to face them. I was so confused and I needed time to clear my head.

I walked outside during lunch and decided to just walk around and when I thought it was time to walk back, I made sure to just take my time. I turned the corner and caught sight of Daehyun. I mentally cursed at myself. Seriously! Why does this happen? I looked over to see if he left yet but he was standing there speaking to someone.

When I looked closer. it was Eunhee and they were…laughing? It looked like they were enjoying each other’s company and I felt my heart tighten up a bit.

“What are you looking at?”

I jumped and touched my chest. I came face to face with Youngjae. “Why do you come out of nowhere!?” I scolded him.

“I want in on the spying.” He whispered back and grinned. I pointed and he looked over me to see. “Is that Eunhee and Daehyun?” I nodded. “Is that why Daehyun has been acting so weird?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “What do you know about Eunhee?” I asked carefully. It wasn’t because I was jealous or anything. I was just curious. That’s it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter