Chapter 20

I'm a Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was time to finally go home and I left with Yongguk. As he was closing the door, he called out. “Soojin, there’s something on the door for you.” I spun around and walked up to him. He pulled the post it off the door and handed it to me.

Don’t forget about tonight.

I snorted. He was still writing notes. This was a habit I realized he didn’t grow out of.

“Is that from Mr. Jung?”

I nodded. “He did this back in high school too.”

Yongguk looked at me in surprise. “So, you guys go way back.”  I nodded again. “Did he bother you in high school too?”

I smiled weakly. “No, it was the other way around.” I cleared my throat, there was no time to be sentimental. I had some boy to beat down. “Let’s go, Yongguk.” We walked out and I looked at the text Youngjae sent me. I guess we’re meeting up in some karaoke place in Hongdae. “Yongguk, you mind dropping me off here?”

 

 

 

As I was walking in, I saw Eunji being all fidgety outside the door. “Eunji!”

She looked up and rushed over to me. “Daehyun is inside, is that okay?”

I laughed and nodded my head. “I already knew and yes, I’ll be fine.”

“Oh.” She took my arm and smiled. “Then, let’s go.”

“Hey, Soojin.” Youngjae greeted me and I went to go sit beside him once we were inside the room.

“Hi, Ms. Kang. Glad you remembered to meet up.” Daehyun had changed from his usual suit and was now wearing casual clothes. Even if he wasn’t in his office attire, I have no doubt in my mind that he would still capture attention. Which would bring me to my next question, why is he wasting his time messing with me?

“How could I forget with that note you left me.” I smiled at Daehyun and this time it wasn’t a forced one and I could tell that he noticed it too. Maybe he’ll see that he doesn’t bother me and get bored. That way, he’ll just move on and leave me alone.

“Okay! What song should we start with?” Youngjae asked around and we started to yell titles at him. “One at a time! How about we have Mr. Jung start us off?” He grinned and handed the microphone to Daehyun.

I wasn’t paying attention and turned to talk to Eunji but when he started singing, I couldn’t help but look back at him in surprise. He had a nice voice, sorry but ‘nice’ is quite the understatement and why is he good at everything he does? I don’t know how long I was staring at him for but before I knew it, the song had already ended. I heard clapping from Youngjae and Eunji and I blinked back. I cleared my throat and joined them.

“How was it?” Daehyun turned to me. “Did it mesmerize you?”

I laughed. “Don’t try so hard, you’ll hurt yourself.” But honestly, I wanted to hear more. 

The night went on like that. I miserably sang, Daehyun continued to sing like he was some professional idol, and Youngjae and Eunji somehow were able to carry their own weight.

And once again, it was my turn. I wonder why I wasn’t kicked out yet. My voice cracked and I could hear their annoying laughter fill the room. The relief came when the song ended, I handed the microphone to Daehyun. “I think it’s time for me to take a break.”

“Aww why, Soojin?” Youngjae objected from the side. “You sang great!”

“Shut it, Youngjae!” He didn’t fall that much behind Daehyun, he sang just as well. And then I asked why the world is so unfair. Why didn’t it bestow upon me great singing skills also? 

“Just ignore them.” Eunji added from beside me. “No one could hear the cracks over the music.”

I glared at her. “Is that why you guys still laughed?”

She cleared . “Fine, we heard a few but! – “ She put a finger up to stop me from speaking. “You were given good looks and brains, you can’t have everything.” She laughed and playfully shoved me.

I waved her off. “Yeah, yeah.”

“Alright, it’s my turn!” Youngjae picked up the microphone and started his song.

I sighed and got up, “I’m going to the bathroom.” I walked out and took a deep breath, the small room was getting stuffy and the fresh air outside the building provided some relief. After a while, I figured I should go back in but before I could, a figure coming out stopped me in my tracks.

“Ms. Kang, I was starting to wonder where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter