Chapter 7

I'm a Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood at the front entrance to the restaurant and took a deep breath. “Alright, let’s get this punishment over and done with.” I walked in and my eyes immediately found the black hair that somehow stood out to me.

Himchan looked at me and waved me over.

“I’m sorry for being late.” I smiled apologetically as I took a seat across from him.

“As long as you’re here now.” He gave me a big smile. “I didn’t know I was so easy to forget though.” He playfully narrowed his eyes at me.

I laughed. “I was busy with some things and it slipped my mind.” Eating ice cream with Daehyun has somehow put me in a better mood than I thought I would be in.

It had to be the ice cream.

Himchan frowned. “I guess I’m too insignificant but, let’s stop with this talk. Are you hungry?” He picked up a menu and handed it to me.

I was already pretty full from the ice cream but it would have been rude to turn it down. “A bit.” I hesitantly took it from him and looked for the smallest size that the restaurant had to offer.

After we were done ordering, Himchan leaned forward to get my attention. “Are you going to run out on me again this time?” He teased me but Daehyun wasn’t around or had a reason to help me out this time.

“No, but I’m surprised you even asked for a second dinner.” I pointed out. Normally, guys would be upset having their dinner interrupted in such a way.

“What can I say? I liked you.” He grinned and I laughed out loud. Himchan was a much nicer person than I had originally figured.

Why was someone like him concerning with me? He knew I went into dates with one thought in mind…to just make my mom happy. I had no interest in them whatsoever. “We already went over this and you already know about my rejections.” I took a sip from my water.

“Is it because of that boy?” Himchan arched his brow at me and I choked on the water.

“What boy?” I managed to squeak out after coughing. I grabbed a napkin to cover my mouth.

“The one that you had history with and stole you from our date last time. You like him?”

I was about to say no but for some reason the word wouldn’t leave my lips. The answer should have been automatic but it got stuck in my throat. I don’t like Daehyun…right? I mean I can’t. That wasn’t possible.

Him Chan sighed and leaned back. “So, you do like him.”

I straightened up and cleared my throat. “No, I don’t. I have only known him for a week at most.”

“It doesn’t take much to like someone.” He interjected then pointed at himself. “Look at me, I liked you after one date.”

I didn’t know if he was just teasing me but the smile wouldn’t leave his lips. I brushed it off. “He plays around with too many girls. That’s not something I find attractive.”

He looked at me amusingly. “But, you also play around.”

I gaped at him. “Oh, what Daehyun said was not true.” I laughed it off. “He just likes to say whatever comes to mind.” I smiled to myself remembering all of Daehyun’s blunt statements he has ever said to me.

“Then, what kind of guys do you like?”

I thought for a moment. “I like someone who is confident but, not arrogant. Someone who smiles a lot, someone who sees my good inner qualities and not just my physical appearance, someone who remembers things about me, someone who protects me…” I trailed off when one face came to my mind. Why was I even thinking about Daehyun?

Daehyun wasn’t staying out of my thoughts and it was confusing me. Every little thing was reminding me of that kid and I don’t know why that was the case. I don’t like him in that way. It’s not possible.

“I can be him.” Himchan blurted and took a sip from his glass. “I’m being serious.” He added and the smile was no longer there but a sincere expression was in its place.

My eyes widened at his statement but managed to compose

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter