Chapter 5

I'm a Chaser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, how did the blind date go?” Youngjae asked me as he, Eunji, and I walked through the hallway to my locker.

I sighed. “With Daehyun involved, I guess it wasn’t too bad.” I shrugged my shoulders. I mean it could have been worse.

“…How bad was it?” Youngjae asked, catching my drift.

“Nothing big, just that Himchan maybe thinks I play around now.” I said, nonchalantly.

Youngjae chuckled. “I’m not surprised it turned out that way. And what about your mom?”

“Let’s just say my mom has already thought of a punishment for me.” After my mom found out that I ditched Himchan at the restuarant, she is forcing me to make it up to him and eat dinner with him again. But surprisingly, she didn’t bring up Daehyun. I guess Himchan didn’t mention that part of the night.

“Dates?” Eunji asked from the side as I pulled out my textbooks.

“She lined up enough dates to last me for months. Seriously, where is this huge supply of boys?” I asked in disbelief. I just sincerely hope she runs out soon. God, that woman.

Soon, I saw Eunji look over past me and wave. Who is -

“Yo! Daehyun!” Youngjae said cheerfully but stopped when he caught a glimpse of Daehyun’s face.

“Whoa! Does it hurt?” Eunji poked Daehyun’s cheek and he winced at the contact. The bruise was now a darker purple and covered his cheekbone.

“What happened?” Youngjae asked after taking a closer look.

“He should have known not to piss me off.” I said from the side teasingly. Youngjae and Eunji both widened their eyes at my supposedly ‘confession’.

“Tell me not to make you mad.” Youngjae mumbled underneath his breath.

Daehyun waved it off. “I’ll explain later.” While the others were cracking jokes at what might have happened, I noticed that Daehyun was looking around. His mind clearly somewhere else but I hadn’t the slightest clue about what he was looking for.

I took a deep breath. “I’m going to class first.” I said before turning on my heels and walking away. “Wait up!” I heard them yell before jogging to catch up with me.

 

 

 

Why did everything the teacher write down on the board look like gibberish to me? I hadn’t been paying attention for the last hour and now found myself completely lost.

I always understand.

I had also caught my own self staring at Daehyun.

I never do that.

Youngjae must have seen my inner turmoil because he leaned over and whispered. “Hey, is there anything wrong?”

I turned and looked at him. “No, just tired.” Honestly, I didn’t even know what was wrong with me but, I needed to stay focused. I groaned and hid my face into my arms on the desk. While my head was down, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I peeked and found Youngjae handing me a folded note and immediately I knew who it was from. I take it from his hands and opened it.

Are you okay?

I looked over at Daehyun across the room. How does he even throw these things with that much accuracy? I gave him a smile and gave an ‘okay’ sign with my fingers. It didn’t look like he bought it but, he just nodded anyways.

 

 

 

During lunch, our usual two-man lunch table filled out a little more with two others. I looked at them and asked bluntly. “What are you two doing?”

The two boys continued stuffing their face with rice. With food in his mouth, Youngjae answered. “Eating?”

I grimaced at the rice that fell out of his mouth as he spoke. I looked over at Eunji and she shrugged her shoulders.

“So, why were you all weird during math class?” Daehyun asked once swallowing his food.

“Huh? I was just lost.” I answered. Why was he even bringing that up?

“Want me to help you?” He asked and I didn’t find a hint of him joking or teasing me.

“S-“ Before I even finished my word, a figure came over to our table and stole everyone’s attention. I looked up and saw the familiar face, the only difference was that there was now an evident blush on her face.

“Um - thank you for lending this to me.” She shyly looked down at her feet and handed Daehyun a handkerchief.

He took it from her and offered a smile. “No problem, are you okay?” She quickly nodded her head before shuffling away.

“What was that about?” Youngjae asked after a few seconds of silence.

“Nothing, I just helped her last night that’s all.” Daehyun shrugged and went back to his lunch with a smile on his face.

"What's with the smile?" I asked with a slight disturbed look on my own face.

“Nothing, I just think the way she acts is cute.” Daehyun answered nonchalantly. 

“Don’t even think about it.” Youngjae immediately said. “Eunhee is not the type -”

“Of cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter